|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of romance.
(b) A true sense of character.
(c) A true sense of imagery.
(d) A true sense of violence.
3. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
4. What does Zwilda draw?
(c) The beach.
5. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
6. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) The police chief.
(c) A detective.
(d) A shop owner.
7. What is considered the language of the dead?
8. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(b) The narrator.
9. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) French and English.
(b) Cimmerian and Cimbric.
(c) English and Cimmerian.
(d) Cimbric and Spanish.
10. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
11. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over drugs.
(b) Over money.
(c) Over a woman.
(d) Over a legal issue.
12. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Beautiful imagery.
(b) Intense violence.
(d) Sexual innuendo.
13. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) To experience emotions.
(b) For knowledge.
(c) For meaning.
(d) For pleasure.
14. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
15. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
2. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
5. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)