|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
2. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(d) The narrator.
3. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books with interesting plots.
(b) Books with large vocabulary.
(c) Books that discuss current events.
(d) Books that clarify issues.
4. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) The police station.
(b) A woman's shop.
(c) The bus station.
(d) Under a bench.
5. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
6. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
7. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Umberto Marana.
(c) Henry Marana.
(d) Chavez Marana.
8. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Cortus Cordelius.
(b) Shansin Genovice.
(c) Franklin Pierce.
(d) Vortus Vijandi.
9. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) A new bookstore.
(b) A complete book.
(d) A book he will actually enjoy.
10. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a legal issue.
(b) Over money.
(c) Over a woman.
(d) Over drugs.
11. Where do the two characters dispose of a dead body in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) Over a terrace.
(b) In a river.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) At a cemetery.
12. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of imagery.
(b) A true sense of character.
(c) A true sense of violence.
(d) A true sense of romance.
13. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
(a) Ms. Tukish.
(b) Madame Marne.
(d) Mademoiselle Stephens.
14. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
(a) Burn him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Sell him.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
15. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(d) Ludmilla's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
2. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
4. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
5. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)