|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
(a) An agent.
(b) A translator.
(c) An author.
(d) An illustrator.
2. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) A complete book.
(b) A new bookstore.
(c) A book he will actually enjoy.
3. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Present tense.
(b) Intricate diction.
(c) Motivated characters.
(d) Second person perspective.
4. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
5. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a legal issue.
(b) Over drugs.
(c) Over money.
(d) Over a woman.
6. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) Blank pages.
(b) Pages that have been handwritten.
(c) Torn pages.
(d) A letter from Ludmilla.
7. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
8. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Henry Marana.
(c) Umberto Marana.
(d) Chavez Marana.
9. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A train station.
(c) A diner.
(d) A library.
10. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(c) Grocery store.
11. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
12. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. According to Marana, who does not matter?
14. Where does Zwilda stay?
(a) Inn of the Bland Sea.
(b) Hotel of the Barren Flower.
(c) Hotel of the Sea Lily.
(d) Motel Casa de Flores.
15. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
(a) The type of client he took on.
(c) The types of books he worked on.
(d) A background check.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
2. Who is Cavedagna?
3. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
4. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
5. Which character is Irina most like?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)