|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
(a) Proper names.
2. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) For meaning.
(c) To experience emotions.
(d) For knowledge.
3. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(b) Grocery store.
4. After examining the narration , which character would most like to read "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books with interesting plots.
(b) Books that discuss current events.
(c) Books with large vocabulary.
(d) Books that clarify issues.
6. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
7. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
8. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
9. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
(a) The library.
(b) The train station.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The cafe.
10. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not read.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He does not go to school.
11. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
(b) Something illegal or dangerous.
(c) Something designed to kill whoever opens it.
12. Where does Zwilda stay?
(a) Inn of the Bland Sea.
(b) Hotel of the Sea Lily.
(c) Motel Casa de Flores.
(d) Hotel of the Barren Flower.
13. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(c) Course schedules.
(d) Phone numbers.
14. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(b) Their personal items.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Stolen goods.
15. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
2. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
3. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
4. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)