Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not read.
(b) He does not go to school.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He is a teacher.
3. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) A letter from Ludmilla.
(b) Blank pages.
(c) Pages that have been handwritten.
(d) Torn pages.
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Specific settings.
(b) Easily dislikable characters.
(c) Vague descriptions.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
6. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(c) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
(d) The author committed suicide.
7. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
8. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
(a) The train station.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafe.
9. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
(a) The reader.
10. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) To experience emotions.
(c) For meaning.
(d) For knowledge.
11. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the lake.
(b) Along a hiking trail.
(c) Around a pond.
(d) Along the harbor.
12. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Taking the book on the subway.
(b) Taking the book to work.
(c) Reading in the dark.
(d) Reading in bed.
13. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(d) Grocery store.
14. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
15. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Shansin Genovice.
(b) Vortus Vijandi.
(c) Cortus Cordelius.
(d) Franklin Pierce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
3. What is considered the language of the dead?
4. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
5. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)