|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
2. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
(a) So his train is not late.
(b) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
(c) So he can be happy again.
(d) So he can postpone his meeting.
3. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
4. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) An atlas.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) An encyclopedia.
5. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Around a pond.
(b) Along the lake.
(c) Along the harbor.
(d) Along a hiking trail.
6. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
7. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) Their personal items.
(b) A dead body.
(d) Stolen goods.
8. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Over money.
(c) Over a legal issue.
(d) Over drugs.
9. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
(b) He will never come back home.
(c) He has changed too much.
(d) His parents are getting divorced.
10. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
11. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(a) The reader.
12. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Full of lessons.
14. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
15. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
(a) The book lover.
(b) The girl.
(c) The other reader.
(d) The female reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
2. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
3. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)