|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
2. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of imagery.
(b) A true sense of violence.
(c) A true sense of romance.
(d) A true sense of character.
3. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(c) The narrator.
4. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Over drugs.
(c) Over a legal issue.
(d) Over money.
5. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He calls Ludmilla.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He throws it.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
6. What is considered the language of the dead?
7. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) Maza Kinsor.
(b) Tazio Bazakbal.
(c) Bailo Hognan.
(d) Cordezno Blazok.
8. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(d) Full of lessons.
9. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Bury him.
(c) Burn him.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
10. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
11. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Kauderer.
(b) Mr. Hallford.
(c) Mr. Carsondera.
(d) Mr. Shinderson.
12. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not go to school.
(b) He does not read.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He is a teacher.
14. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For meaning.
(b) To experience emotions.
(c) For pleasure.
(d) For knowledge.
15. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
2. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
3. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
4. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
5. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)