|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To leave town quickly.
(b) To find the woman he was talking to.
(c) To sit down and answer questions.
(d) To give him the suitcase.
2. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
3. According to Marana, who does not matter?
4. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
5. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) His parents are getting divorced.
(b) He will never come back home.
(c) He has changed too much.
(d) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
6. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
7. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Henry Marana.
(b) Chavez Marana.
(c) Ermes Marana.
(d) Umberto Marana.
8. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
9. Where do the two characters dispose of a dead body in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) In a river.
(b) Over a terrace.
(c) In a dumpster.
(d) At a cemetery.
10. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The bookseller.
11. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
12. Where does Zwilda stay?
(a) Hotel of the Barren Flower.
(b) Motel Casa de Flores.
(c) Inn of the Bland Sea.
(d) Hotel of the Sea Lily.
13. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(b) Course schedules.
(c) Phone numbers.
14. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
15. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
2. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
3. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
5. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)