|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
2. Which character is Irina most like?
(a) The reader.
3. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
4. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The bookseller.
5. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
(a) An illustrator.
(b) An author.
(c) An agent.
(d) A translator.
6. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
7. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) He will never come back home.
(b) He has changed too much.
(c) His parents are getting divorced.
(d) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
8. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(d) Ludmilla's friend.
9. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Sexual innuendo.
(c) Beautiful imagery.
(d) Intense violence.
10. What does Zwilda draw?
(b) The beach.
11. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Motivated characters.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Second person perspective.
(d) Intricate diction.
12. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That it will suck him in.
(b) That it might have a defect.
(c) That it isn't a good book.
(d) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
13. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) Torn pages.
(b) Blank pages.
(c) A letter from Ludmilla.
(d) Pages that have been handwritten.
14. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader likes to read.
(b) That the reader is a teenager.
(c) That the reader is poor.
(d) That the reader is a man.
15. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Chavez Marana.
(c) Henry Marana.
(d) Umberto Marana.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Marana, who does not matter?
2. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
3. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
5. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)