|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
(a) Laza Okno.
(b) Othar Zuti.
(c) Umptar Orvitz.
(d) Ukko Ahti.
2. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(a) Grocery store.
3. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
(c) Something illegal or dangerous.
(d) Something designed to kill whoever opens it.
4. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To leave town quickly.
(b) To give him the suitcase.
(c) To sit down and answer questions.
(d) To find the woman he was talking to.
5. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
6. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
(a) In a pizza shop.
(b) In a library.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) In a cafe.
7. Who is Cavedagna?
(a) A writer.
(b) A desk clerk.
(c) A professor.
(d) A librarian.
8. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(b) It was written by the bookseller.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is not the same novel he was reading.
9. Which character is Irina most like?
(b) The reader.
10. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) An atlas.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(d) A dictionary.
11. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books with interesting plots.
(b) Books that discuss current events.
(c) Books that clarify issues.
(d) Books with large vocabulary.
12. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
(b) The censorship of books.
(c) Different types of books in the world.
(d) Happiness found in books.
13. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader likes to read.
(b) That the reader is poor.
(c) That the reader is a man.
(d) That the reader is a teenager.
14. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
15. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
(a) A library.
(b) A train station.
(c) A diner.
(d) A bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
2. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
3. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
5. For what does the author chastise the reader?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)