|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader is poor.
(b) That the reader is a man.
(c) That the reader likes to read.
(d) That the reader is a teenager.
2. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) His parents are getting divorced.
(b) He has changed too much.
(c) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
(d) He will never come back home.
3. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Full of lessons.
4. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
5. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(a) The bookseller.
(c) The bookstore.
6. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
7. Who reads "Leaning from the Steep Slope" out loud?
(b) The reader.
8. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
(a) Sell him.
(b) Burn him.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Turn him in to the police.
9. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
10. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) The narrator.
11. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) Cordezno Blazok.
(b) Bailo Hognan.
(c) Tazio Bazakbal.
(d) Maza Kinsor.
12. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
14. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
15. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave his suit case overnight?
2. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
3. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)