|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
2. Who is Cavedagna?
(a) A desk clerk.
(b) A writer.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A professor.
3. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
4. After examining the narration , which character would most like to read "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(c) Full of lessons.
6. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
7. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
8. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Kauderer.
(b) Mr. Carsondera.
(c) Mr. Shinderson.
(d) Mr. Hallford.
9. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(a) Course schedules.
(c) Phone numbers.
10. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It was written by the bookseller.
(b) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
11. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
12. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
13. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Sexual innuendo.
(b) Intense violence.
(d) Beautiful imagery.
14. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(b) The bookseller.
(d) The bookstore.
15. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
(c) Proper names.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
2. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
3. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
4. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
5. Where does Zwilda stay?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)