|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
2. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader likes to read.
(b) That the reader is a man.
(c) That the reader is a teenager.
(d) That the reader is poor.
4. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) Their personal items.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Stolen goods.
5. What does Zwilda draw?
(a) The beach.
6. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
(b) He will never come back home.
(c) He has changed too much.
(d) His parents are getting divorced.
7. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
8. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the lake.
(b) Along a hiking trail.
(c) Along the harbor.
(d) Around a pond.
9. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
10. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) On a plane.
(b) Curled up in a chair at home.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a bus.
11. Which character in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" mentions that another sack is needed?
12. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) Tazio Bazakbal.
(b) Maza Kinsor.
(c) Cordezno Blazok.
(d) Bailo Hognan.
14. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(a) The reader.
15. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
2. What is Galligani's profession?
3. According to Marana, who does not matter?
4. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)