|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zwilda draw?
(b) The beach.
2. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Vortus Vijandi.
(b) Cortus Cordelius.
(c) Shansin Genovice.
(d) Franklin Pierce.
3. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a bus.
(c) Curled up in a chair at home.
(d) In bed.
4. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
(a) A background check.
(b) The types of books he worked on.
(c) The type of client he took on.
5. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books that discuss current events.
(b) Books with interesting plots.
(c) Books that clarify issues.
(d) Books with large vocabulary.
6. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
7. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader is a man.
(b) That the reader is a teenager.
(c) That the reader is poor.
(d) That the reader likes to read.
8. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the lake.
(b) Along a hiking trail.
(c) Around a pond.
(d) Along the harbor.
9. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(a) Course schedules.
(c) Phone numbers.
10. After examining the narration , which character would most like to read "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
11. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
12. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That it will suck him in.
(b) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
(c) That it might have a defect.
(d) That it isn't a good book.
13. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
14. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
(a) A library.
(b) A diner.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A train station.
15. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(b) One that is weaker than the police.
(c) The police force.
(d) A large and powerful one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
2. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
3. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
4. Which character is Irina most like?
5. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)