|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In a library.
(c) In a pizza shop.
(d) At a bus station.
2. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
3. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Motivated characters.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Second person perspective.
(d) Intricate diction.
4. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
5. Which character is Irina most like?
(a) The reader.
6. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
7. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(c) The reader.
8. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(d) The narrator.
9. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
10. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The bookseller.
11. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
12. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
13. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
14. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Vortus Vijandi.
(b) Franklin Pierce.
(c) Shansin Genovice.
(d) Cortus Cordelius.
15. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
2. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Cavedagna?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)