|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(b) It was written by the bookseller.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is not the same novel he was reading.
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not read.
(b) He does not like the reader.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He does not go to school.
3. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) A dead body.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) Their personal items.
4. Who made love to the man before he was killed in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) The narrator.
5. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
(a) The types of books he worked on.
(c) A background check.
(d) The type of client he took on.
6. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
7. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
8. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
(a) So he can be happy again.
(b) So he can postpone his meeting.
(c) So his train is not late.
(d) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
9. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
10. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
(b) Happiness found in books.
(c) The censorship of books.
(d) Different types of books in the world.
11. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) English and Cimmerian.
(b) French and English.
(c) Cimbric and Spanish.
(d) Cimmerian and Cimbric.
12. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
13. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
(a) A train station.
(b) A diner.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A library.
14. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
15. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
2. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
3. Where does Zwilda stay?
4. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)