|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is Irina most like?
(c) The reader.
2. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) Torn pages.
(b) A letter from Ludmilla.
(c) Blank pages.
(d) Pages that have been handwritten.
3. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He throws it.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He calls Ludmilla.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
4. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
(a) Burn him.
(b) Sell him.
(c) Turn him in to the police.
(d) Bury him.
5. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
6. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) The bus station.
(b) Under a bench.
(c) The police station.
(d) A woman's shop.
7. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Over a legal issue.
(c) Over drugs.
(d) Over money.
8. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
9. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
(b) The type of client he took on.
(c) The types of books he worked on.
(d) A background check.
10. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
11. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
12. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The train station.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafe.
13. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
14. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
15. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(b) A new bookstore.
(c) A complete book.
(d) A book he will actually enjoy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
2. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
3. What does Zwilda draw?
4. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)