|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a legal issue.
(b) Over drugs.
(c) Over money.
(d) Over a woman.
2. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
(d) Grocery store.
3. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He calls Ludmilla.
(b) He throws it.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
5. Where does <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> begin?
(a) A library.
(b) A train station.
(c) A diner.
(d) A bus station.
6. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) A complete book.
(b) A new bookstore.
(c) A book he will actually enjoy.
7. What made the publishing house question Marana's competency?
(a) The type of client he took on.
(b) The types of books he worked on.
(c) A background check.
8. What is Galligani's profession?
9. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That it will suck him in.
(b) That it might have a defect.
(c) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
(d) That it isn't a good book.
10. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
(a) In a cafe.
(b) In a pizza shop.
(c) In a library.
(d) At a bus station.
11. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(b) The reader.
12. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Chavez Marana.
(c) Umberto Marana.
(d) Henry Marana.
13. What does Zwilda draw?
(c) The beach.
14. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
15. According to Marana, who does not matter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
2. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
4. What do the police tell the man to do in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i>?
5. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)