Short Answer Key
Chapter 1 and If On a Winter's Night a Traveler
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
2. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
That the reader is a man.
3. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
On a bus.
4. For what does the author chastise the reader?
Taking the book to work.
5. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
A train station.
6. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
So his train is not late.
7. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
In a cafe.
8. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
9. Where does the...
This section contains 2,616 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)