|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(a) Protection against kidnapping.
(c) Protection against identity theft.
2. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He puts it in the trash.
(b) He throws it.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He calls Ludmilla.
3. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's father.
(b) The main character's mother.
(c) The main character's grandmother.
(d) The main character's sister.
4. Where does <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> begin?
(a) A train station.
(b) A diner.
(c) A library.
(d) A bus station.
5. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) Curled up in a chair at home.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Wings of Shadow follow?
2. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
4. Why does the reader who rereads books constantly do this?
5. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)