|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) A visible setting.
(c) The invisible I.
(d) The invisible setting.
2. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
(a) Seeing his family hurt.
(b) Being locked in a basement for days.
(c) Seeing his reflection on all sides.
(d) Seeing his collection of items get destroyed.
4. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He throws it.
(b) He puts it in the trash.
(c) He calls Ludmilla.
(d) He laughs.
5. In Chapter 8, what type of book does Ludmilla like?
(a) Books that lie to the reader.
(b) Books that use sensory details.
(c) Books that explore details about foreign countries.
(d) Books that create illusion around human relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who started the OAP?
2. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
3. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
4. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
5. What do both wings of the OAP have in common?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)