|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 and Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) On a plane.
(b) In bed.
(c) On a bus.
(d) Curled up in a chair at home.
2. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Full of lessons.
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader likes to read.
(b) That the reader is a man.
(c) That the reader is a teenager.
(d) That the reader is poor.
4. Which of the following is Calvino clearly against, as seen in the novel?
(b) Writing for pleasure.
(c) Solving mysteries.
(d) Reading for pleasure.
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For knowledge.
(b) For pleasure.
(c) To experience emotions.
(d) For meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what type of organization does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> belong?
2. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
3. With whom does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> talk?
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
5. What books does Lotaria like to read?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)