|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man hates Makiko.
(b) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
(c) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(d) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
2. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(b) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(c) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
(d) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
3. What is the man obsessed with in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect"?
4. What is considered the language of the dead?
5. How does Flannery want his readers to read?
Short Answer Questions
1. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
2. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
3. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
4. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
5. Where do the two characters dispose of a dead body in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)