|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) The police chief.
(b) A detective.
(c) The bus driver.
(d) A shop owner.
2. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The bookseller.
3. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
(a) Smell and sound.
(b) Sound and sight.
(c) Sight and touch.
(d) All of them.
5. What is the one thing Marana could not stand about his former lover?
(a) Her eating habits.
(b) Her love of mysteries.
(c) Her reading habits.
(d) Her writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
2. Which of the following do the man and Okeda discuss after he collects the items in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
3. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
4. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. Of whom does Flannery become jealous?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)