|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The author committed suicide.
(c) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(d) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
2. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(b) Full of lessons.
3. In "In a Network of Lines that Enlace," about what is the man anxious?
4. In "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow," what is the name of the dead man?
5. In "In a Network of Lines that Intersect," when the man's wife saves him, what is she holding?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A kaleidoscope.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
2. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
3. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
4. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)