|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Motivated characters.
(b) Intricate diction.
(c) Present tense.
(d) Second person perspective.
2. What does Flannery find missing from his room?
(a) Family photographs.
(b) Pages from a manuscript.
(c) His collection of books.
(d) His personal documents.
3. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
(a) The library.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The train station.
(d) The cafe.
4. Why does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> want to turn back time?
(a) So he can postpone his meeting.
(b) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
(c) So he can be happy again.
(d) So his train is not late.
5. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not go to school.
(b) He does not like the reader.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He does not read.
Short Answer Questions
1. It becomes clear that which character is writing the book we are reading?
2. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
3. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
5. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)