|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) An atlas.
(b) A dictionary.
(d) An encyclopedia.
2. What type of company did the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" found?
(a) Protection against kidnapping.
(c) Protection against identity theft.
3. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over a woman.
(b) Over drugs.
(c) Over a legal issue.
(d) Over money.
5. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
2. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
3. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
5. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)