|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over drugs.
(b) Over a legal issue.
(c) Over a woman.
(d) Over money.
2. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
3. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
4. Where is the reader when his book his confiscated?
5. To what type of organization does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> belong?
(a) The police force.
(b) A large and powerful one.
(c) One that is weaker than the police.
(d) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miyagi want the young man to gather for them in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
3. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
4. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
5. Who once had a personal relationship with Marana, according to Irnerio?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)