|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 and On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
(c) Mr. Okeda.
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(c) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(d) It was written by the bookseller.
3. Who are the people who have developed a system to write novels with less effort?
(a) The French.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The Japanese.
(d) The English.
4. According to Marana, what is the only thing that dictates which novels survive?
5. Who reads "Leaning from the Steep Slope" out loud?
(c) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the author chastise the reader?
2. Which character in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" mentions that another sack is needed?
3. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
4. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
5. Who else has visited Flannery?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)