|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 and On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Ermes Marana.
(b) Chavez Marana.
(c) Henry Marana.
(d) Umberto Marana.
3. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A detective.
(c) The police chief.
(d) A shop owner.
4. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Beautiful imagery.
(c) Sexual innuendo.
(d) Intense violence.
5. In whom is Ludmilla currently romantically interested?
(c) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon," who is the young man's teacher?
2. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
3. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
4. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
5. Who does the reader imagine is the woman Marana describes in his letters?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)