|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 and On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" mentions that another sack is needed?
2. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To find the woman he was talking to.
(b) To leave town quickly.
(c) To sit down and answer questions.
(d) To give him the suitcase.
3. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(b) The reader.
4. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) An atlas.
5. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
(a) Smell and sound.
(b) Sight and touch.
(c) All of them.
(d) Sound and sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
2. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
3. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
4. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
5. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)