|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 and On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
(a) The young man is attracted to Makiko.
(b) The young man wants to teach Makiko to read.
(c) The young man hates Makiko.
(d) The young man only recently met Makiko and has mixed feelings about her.
2. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Large but organized.
(b) Small and hidden.
(c) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(d) Small but organized.
3. What does OEPHLW stand for?
(a) Organization for the Electronic Production of Homogenized Literary Works.
(b) Organization of Each Person Having Lived Well.
(c) Organization for the Electronic Production of Hurtful Literary Work.
(d) Operations of Electronic Products Held in Literary Works.
4. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) The police force.
(b) A large and powerful one.
(c) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(d) One that is weaker than the police.
5. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) The police chief.
(b) The bus driver.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) A detective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the Wings of Light follow?
2. Who is the Father of Stories?
3. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
4. Why does Ludmilla read?
5. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)