|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8 and On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Beautiful imagery.
(b) Intense violence.
(c) Sexual innuendo.
2. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
3. What does Flannery try to leave out of his next novel?
(a) The invisible setting.
(b) The invisible I.
(d) A visible setting.
4. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
(a) An agent.
(b) An illustrator.
(c) An author.
(d) A translator.
5. Which character is Irina most like?
(d) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uzzi-Tuzii's profession?
2. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
3. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
5. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)