|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(b) Phone numbers.
(c) Course schedules.
2. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) For meaning.
(c) To experience emotions.
(d) For knowledge.
3. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Their personal items.
4. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
5. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) Under a bench.
(b) The police station.
(c) The bus station.
(d) A woman's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
3. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
4. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
5. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)