|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(b) The author was censored.
(c) The author committed suicide.
(d) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
2. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Vague descriptions.
(b) Specific settings.
(c) Impersonal dialogue.
(d) Easily dislikable characters.
3. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
(a) Umptar Orvitz.
(b) Ukko Ahti.
(c) Othar Zuti.
(d) Laza Okno.
4. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
5. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(b) Full of lessons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ludmilla read?
2. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
3. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
4. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)