|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
(a) Mademoiselle Stephens.
(b) Madame Marne.
(c) Ms. Tukish.
2. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) In bed.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On a plane.
(d) Curled up in a chair at home.
3. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He throws it.
(b) He calls Ludmilla.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
5. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
(a) So he can postpone his meeting.
(b) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
(c) So he can be happy again.
(d) So his train is not late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
3. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
5. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)