|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He puts it in the trash.
(b) He calls Ludmilla.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He throws it.
2. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along a hiking trail.
(b) Along the lake.
(c) Around a pond.
(d) Along the harbor.
3. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(b) The author was censored.
(c) The author committed suicide.
(d) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
4. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Taking the book on the subway.
(b) Reading in the dark.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Taking the book to work.
5. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(a) The bookseller.
(c) The bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
2. Why does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> want to turn back time?
3. Where does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave his suit case overnight?
4. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)