|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
(a) Umberto Marana.
(b) Henry Marana.
(c) Chavez Marana.
(d) Ermes Marana.
2. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
3. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(a) A book he will actually enjoy.
(b) A new bookstore.
(d) A complete book.
4. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(b) Beautiful imagery.
(c) Intense violence.
(d) Sexual innuendo.
5. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) Under a bench.
(b) The police station.
(c) The bus station.
(d) A woman's shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
2. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
5. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)