|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He calls Ludmilla.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He throws it.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
2. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) Stolen goods.
(c) Their personal items.
(d) A dead body.
3. What is the food described at the beginning of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
(d) The reader.
5. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It was written by the bookseller.
(d) It is not the same novel he was reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
2. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
4. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
5. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)