|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> want to turn back time?
(a) So he can postpone his meeting.
(b) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
(c) So his train is not late.
(d) So he can be happy again.
2. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(d) Full of lessons.
3. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
4. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Intense violence.
(b) Beautiful imagery.
(c) Sexual innuendo.
5. What is considered the language of the dead?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
2. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
3. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
4. What do the two characters in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" want to do with a dead man?
5. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)