|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) One that is weaker than the police.
(b) The police force.
(c) A large and powerful one.
(d) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
2. How many men greet the two characters in an elevator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
3. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
4. What are the names of the two languages with a conflict in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Cimbric and Spanish.
(b) French and English.
(c) Cimmerian and Cimbric.
(d) English and Cimmerian.
5. Why did the narrator in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow" kill the man?
(a) Over drugs.
(b) Over money.
(c) Over a woman.
(d) Over a legal issue.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
2. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
3. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
4. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
5. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)