|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(b) A complete book.
(c) A new bookstore.
(d) A book he will actually enjoy.
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It was written by the bookseller.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(d) It is not the same novel he was reading.
3. What is the name of the character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" who is in possession of two men?
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) Course schedules.
5. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To leave town quickly.
(b) To give him the suitcase.
(c) To sit down and answer questions.
(d) To find the woman he was talking to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is Irina most like?
2. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
3. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
4. According to Marana, who does not matter?
5. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)