|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(b) The police force.
(c) One that is weaker than the police.
(d) A large and powerful one.
2. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(a) Sexual innuendo.
(b) Beautiful imagery.
(d) Intense violence.
3. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He puts it in the trash.
(c) He calls Ludmilla.
(d) He throws it.
4. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
(a) The reader.
5. Which character is Irina most like?
(c) The reader.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
2. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
3. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
4. For what does the author chastise the reader?
5. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)