|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Vague descriptions.
(b) Easily dislikable characters.
(c) Specific settings.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
2. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
3. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) A large and powerful one.
(b) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(c) One that is weaker than the police.
(d) The police force.
4. What are the two characters trying to put inside a sack in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
(a) A dead body.
(c) Their personal items.
(d) Stolen goods.
5. What books does Lotaria like to read?
(a) Books that clarify issues.
(b) Books with large vocabulary.
(c) Books with interesting plots.
(d) Books that discuss current events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the root of the problem with the books?
2. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
3. What is considered the language of the dead?
4. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
5. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)