|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
2. What did Marana claim to be, according to the publishing house?
(a) An illustrator.
(b) An author.
(c) A translator.
(d) An agent.
3. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of violence.
(b) A true sense of character.
(c) A true sense of romance.
(d) A true sense of imagery.
4. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) Torn pages.
(b) Pages that have been handwritten.
(c) Blank pages.
(d) A letter from Ludmilla.
5. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) The police station.
(b) The bus station.
(c) A woman's shop.
(d) Under a bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
2. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
3. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
4. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)