|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
(a) Sight and touch.
(b) Smell and sound.
(c) Sound and sight.
(d) All of them.
2. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(c) The author committed suicide.
(d) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
3. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not like the reader.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He does not go to school.
(d) He does not read.
4. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Present tense.
(b) Intricate diction.
(c) Motivated characters.
(d) Second person perspective.
5. What is combined with description in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(b) Beautiful imagery.
(c) Sexual innuendo.
(d) Intense violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
2. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
4. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
5. What does Zwilda draw?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)