|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
2. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) Curled up in a chair at home.
(b) On a bus.
(c) On a plane.
(d) In bed.
3. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He does not like the reader.
(c) He does not go to school.
(d) He does not read.
4. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Vague descriptions.
(b) Easily dislikable characters.
(c) Impersonal dialogue.
(d) Specific settings.
5. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) A letter from Ludmilla.
(b) Pages that have been handwritten.
(c) Blank pages.
(d) Torn pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
2. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
3. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
5. What is a theme in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)