|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A detective.
(c) A shop owner.
(d) The police chief.
2. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
(a) Sight and touch.
(b) Smell and sound.
(c) Sound and sight.
(d) All of them.
3. About what does the reader talk to the woman he meets ?
(b) The bookstore.
(c) The bookseller.
4. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The train station.
(c) The bus stop.
(d) The library.
5. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To sit down and answer questions.
(b) To give him the suitcase.
(c) To find the woman he was talking to.
(d) To leave town quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
2. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
3. What books does Lotaria like to read?
4. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
5. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)