|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Present tense.
(b) Motivated characters.
(c) Intricate diction.
(d) Second person perspective.
2. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
(a) A handsome man.
(b) An old man.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A pretty girl.
3. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Easily dislikable characters.
(b) Vague descriptions.
(c) Specific settings.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
4. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along the harbor.
(b) Along a hiking trail.
(c) Along the lake.
(d) Around a pond.
5. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
3. With whom does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> talk?
4. What do the police tell the man to do in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i>?
5. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)