|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave his suit case overnight?
(a) Under a bench.
(b) The bus station.
(c) A woman's shop.
(d) The police station.
2. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Shinderson.
(b) Mr. Carsondera.
(c) Mr. Kauderer.
(d) Mr. Hallford.
3. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
4. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Around a pond.
(b) Along the harbor.
(c) Along a hiking trail.
(d) Along the lake.
5. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) On a plane.
(b) On a bus.
(c) Curled up in a chair at home.
(d) In bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
2. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
4. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
5. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)