|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
2. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
(a) An old man.
(b) A pretty girl.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A handsome man.
3. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not go to school.
(b) He does not read.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He does not like the reader.
4. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) Second person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
5. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
(a) Umptar Orvitz.
(b) Othar Zuti.
(c) Ukko Ahti.
(d) Laza Okno.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
3. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
4. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
5. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)