|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of character.
(b) A true sense of romance.
(c) A true sense of imagery.
(d) A true sense of violence.
2. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Easily dislikable characters.
(b) Vague descriptions.
(c) Specific settings.
(d) Impersonal dialogue.
3. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(b) A large and powerful one.
(c) The police force.
(d) One that is weaker than the police.
4. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) An encyclopedia.
(c) A dictionary.
(d) An atlas.
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For knowledge.
(b) To experience emotions.
(c) For meaning.
(d) For pleasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
2. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
3. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
4. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
5. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)