|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of violence.
(b) A true sense of character.
(c) A true sense of romance.
(d) A true sense of imagery.
2. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) A dictionary.
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) An atlas.
3. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Intricate diction.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Second person perspective.
(d) Motivated characters.
4. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The cafe.
(c) The train station.
(d) The library.
5. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
3. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
4. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
5. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)