|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not like the reader.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He does not read.
(d) He does not go to school.
2. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
3. How many pages has the reader read when the book starts over?
4. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Taking the book to work.
(b) Reading in the dark.
(c) Reading in bed.
(d) Taking the book on the subway.
5. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) On a bus.
(b) Curled up in a chair at home.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
2. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
3. Why does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler want to turn back time?
4. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
5. Where does the man in the first story sit with his suitcase?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)