|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the main character of "Leaning from the Steep Slope" walk every day?
(a) Along a hiking trail.
(b) Along the lake.
(c) Along the harbor.
(d) Around a pond.
2. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Intricate diction.
(b) Motivated characters.
(c) Present tense.
(d) Second person perspective.
3. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It was written by the bookseller.
(b) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(c) It is boring.
(d) It is not the same novel he was reading.
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of violence.
(b) A true sense of romance.
(c) A true sense of imagery.
(d) A true sense of character.
5. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
(a) To sit down and answer questions.
(b) To find the woman he was talking to.
(c) To leave town quickly.
(d) To give him the suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
2. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
3. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
4. Where does Ludmilla want the reader to meet her?
5. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)