|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3 and Leaning from the Steep Slope.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Second person.
2. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
(b) That it will suck him in.
(c) That it might have a defect.
(d) That it isn't a good book.
3. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
(b) A complete book.
(c) A book he will actually enjoy.
(d) A new bookstore.
4. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(b) An encyclopedia.
(c) An atlas.
(d) A dictionary.
5. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader likes to read.
(b) That the reader is a man.
(c) That the reader is poor.
(d) That the reader is a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
2. What is similar to the reader's book and the book Uzzi-Tuzzii translates?
3. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
5. What is Uzzi-Tuzii's profession?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)