|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It was written by the bookseller.
(d) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
2. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
(a) His parents are getting divorced.
(b) He has changed too much.
(c) He knows when he comes back everybody else will be gone.
(d) He will never come back home.
3. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
(a) The cafe.
(b) The train station.
(c) The library.
(d) The bus stop.
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(b) Course schedules.
(c) Phone numbers.
5. To what type of organization does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> belong?
(a) The police force.
(b) A large and powerful one.
(c) One that is weaker than the police.
(d) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
2. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
3. For what does the author chastise the reader?
4. Where does <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> begin?
5. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)