|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader is poor.
(b) That the reader likes to read.
(c) That the reader is a man.
(d) That the reader is a teenager.
2. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(a) Phone numbers.
(b) Course schedules.
3. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Hallford.
(b) Mr. Shinderson.
(c) Mr. Carsondera.
(d) Mr. Kauderer.
4. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
(a) A true sense of violence.
(b) A true sense of character.
(c) A true sense of romance.
(d) A true sense of imagery.
5. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It was written by the bookseller.
(b) It is boring.
(c) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(d) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man feel when he realizes who his contact is?
2. For what does the author chastise the reader?
3. What is most likely inside the suitcase the man carries around?
4. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
5. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)