|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
2. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
3. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader is a man.
(b) That the reader likes to read.
(c) That the reader is a teenager.
(d) That the reader is poor.
4. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Specific settings.
(b) Impersonal dialogue.
(c) Vague descriptions.
(d) Easily dislikable characters.
5. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Taking the book on the subway.
(b) Taking the book to work.
(c) Reading in the dark.
(d) Reading in bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does If On a Winter's Night a Traveler begin?
2. Who turns out to be the contact the man is waiting for in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
3. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
4. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
5. According to the bookseller, who wrote "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)