|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Hallford.
(b) Mr. Kauderer.
(c) Mr. Shinderson.
(d) Mr. Carsondera.
2. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
(a) Different types of books in the world.
(b) Happiness found in books.
(c) The censorship of books.
3. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That it isn't a good book.
(b) That it will suck him in.
(c) That it might have a defect.
(d) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
4. What is on the photo that is in a character's pocket?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A handsome man.
(c) An old man.
(d) A pretty girl.
5. Where does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave his suit case overnight?
(a) The police station.
(b) A woman's shop.
(c) The bus station.
(d) Under a bench.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
2. For what does the author chastise the reader?
3. What is the name of the character with a picture in his pocket?
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
5. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)