|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
2. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) Curled up in a chair at home.
(b) In bed.
(c) On a bus.
(d) On a plane.
3. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Reading in bed.
(b) Taking the book on the subway.
(c) Reading in the dark.
(d) Taking the book to work.
4. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
(a) That it isn't a good book.
(b) That somebody else may ask him for his copy.
(c) That it will suck him in.
(d) That it might have a defect.
5. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," for whom is the main character working?
(a) Mr. Hallford.
(b) Mr. Shinderson.
(c) Mr. Kauderer.
(d) Mr. Carsondera.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
2. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
3. What do the police tell the man to do in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
5. According to a man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," against whom is this group fighting?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)