|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Outside the Town of Malbork.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
(a) The girl.
(b) The book lover.
(c) The female reader.
(d) The other reader.
2. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
(a) It is the same book but claims to be written by a different author.
(b) It is not the same novel he was reading.
(c) It was written by the bookseller.
(d) It is boring.
3. Which of the following makes the book seem interactive?
(a) Second person perspective.
(b) Present tense.
(c) Motivated characters.
(d) Intricate diction.
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(b) Phone numbers.
(d) Course schedules.
5. What does the author assume about the reader throughout the book?
(a) That the reader is poor.
(b) That the reader is a man.
(c) That the reader is a teenager.
(d) That the reader likes to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
2. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
3. According to the police chief, where should the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler leave right away?
4. According to the man in "Outside the Town of Malbork," what does the feud with another group cause?
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)