|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5 and Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What separates Ludmilla's friend from Ludmilla?
(a) He does not read.
(b) He does not go to school.
(c) He does not like the reader.
(d) He is a teacher.
2. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
3. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(c) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
(d) The author committed suicide.
4. According to the police chief, where should the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> leave right away?
(a) The train station.
(b) The bus stop.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafe.
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) To experience emotions.
(c) For meaning.
(d) For knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
2. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
3. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
4. Who agrees that the reader needs to see a publisher but does not want to go by himself/herself?
5. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)