|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter10 and What Story Down There Awaits Its End?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
2. Who does Flannery mistake for somebody who wants to get to know him personally?
(a) The reader.
3. Which of the following describes Ludmilla's book collection?
(a) Large but organized.
(b) Large and taking up multiple shelves.
(c) Small but organized.
(d) Small and hidden.
4. Snippets from whose diary are present in Chapter 8?
(b) The reader.
5. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
(c) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(d) The author committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young man feel about Makiko in "On the Carpet of Leaves Illuminated by the Moon"?
2. Who is in the reader's dream where he is on a train?
3. With whom does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler talk?
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's sister?
5. Who enjoys reading books without underlying meanings?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)