|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter10 and What Story Down There Awaits Its End?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(b) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
(c) The author committed suicide.
(d) The author was censored.
2. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He throws it.
(c) He calls Ludmilla.
(d) He puts it in the trash.
3. What is the name of Dona Jazmina's daughter?
4. How does the man in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" conceal his true self?
(a) Putting a fake persona out in the public eye.
(b) Concealing his images.
(c) Hiding from his family.
(d) Multiplying his images.
5. What allows the reader to personalize the story?
(a) Easily dislikable characters.
(b) Vague descriptions.
(c) Impersonal dialogue.
(d) Specific settings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is considered the language of the dead?
2. What language does Marana confess that he cannot read?
3. What must a book have for Lotaria to enjoy it?
4. What makes the main character in "In a Network of Lines that Intersect" think he is going insane?
5. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)