|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Reading in the dark.
(b) Reading in bed.
(c) Taking the book to work.
(d) Taking the book on the subway.
2. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
(a) One that is weaker than the police.
(b) One in which he could be killed at any moment.
(c) The police force.
(d) A large and powerful one.
3. Who enjoys reading books that will always exist?
(d) The reader.
4. Where does the author assume that the reader reads the book?
(a) Curled up in a chair at home.
(b) On a bus.
(c) In bed.
(d) On a plane.
5. What is the name of the main character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author admit to wishing to convey through descriptions of a fight?
2. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
3. Who is the author of "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
4. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
5. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)