|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does the author chastise the reader?
(a) Taking the book to work.
(b) Reading in bed.
(c) Reading in the dark.
(d) Taking the book on the subway.
2. Whose study group is discussing "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
3. Which character in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo" is described as ungrateful and terse?
4. What is the name of Ludmilla's male friend?
5. When the reader turns the page, what does he discover to make a defective book?
(a) Pages that have been handwritten.
(b) Blank pages.
(c) A letter from Ludmilla.
(d) Torn pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author refer to the woman the reader talks to?
2. From what perspective is most of the novel written?
3. To what type of organization does the man in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler belong?
4. Which sense does cutting apart pages with a paper knife occupy?
5. in "Outside the Town of Malbork," why will nothing be the same for the main character?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)