|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 and Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the man in <i>If On a Winter's Night a Traveler</i> want to turn back time?
(a) So his train is not late.
(b) So he doesn't have to see the woman waiting for him.
(c) So he can be happy again.
(d) So he can postpone his meeting.
2. What does Zwilda draw?
(c) The beach.
3. What does the reader do when the book starts over?
(a) He throws it.
(b) He puts it in the trash.
(c) He calls Ludmilla.
(d) He laughs.
4. Which word best describes the setting in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
(c) Full of lessons.
5. Why is "Leaning from the Steep Slope" unfinished?
(a) The author was censored.
(b) The author no longer enjoyed writing.
(c) The book's publisher dropped the author.
(d) The author committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
2. Which of the following is a theme in the first chapter of the book?
3. What is the reader searching for after reading part of "Outside the Town of Malbork"?
4. What is the name of the country divided so much that it no longer exists?
5. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)