|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7 and In a Network of Lines that Intersect.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the reader look for answers about the story's setting in Chapter 2?
(a) An atlas.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) An encyclopedia.
2. Who does the reader decide to visit to determine which book is "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. In "Outside the Town of Malbork," where does the main character's spend his final morning?
4. What does the reader exchange with the woman?
(b) Phone numbers.
(c) Course schedules.
5. From looking in Ludmilla's kitchen, what can the reader determine?
(a) Ludmilla eats out a lot.
(b) Ludmilla doesn't like to clean.
(c) Ludmilla doesn't often have company.
(d) Ludmilla cooks a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator's daughter in "Looks Down in the Gathering Shadow"?
2. What does the bookseller warn the reader about the next book he's given?
3. At whom does Irina point a revolver?
4. Whose name is on a death sentence for treason in "Without Fear of Wind or Vertigo"?
5. What does the reader find when he begins reading the book the bookseller gives him?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)