|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and Around an Empty Grave.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summoned Marana to break off translation of a novel at a suspenseful part?
(a) The wife of the American president.
(b) The wife of the Arabian Sultan.
(d) The inventor of Cimmerian language.
2. Who walks the reader to Uzzi-Tuzii's office?
(b) Ludmilla's friend.
3. Who wrote "Leaning from the Steep Slope"?
(a) Othar Zuti.
(b) Umptar Orvitz.
(c) Laza Okno.
(d) Ukko Ahti.
4. Who dies in the beginning of "Around an Empty Grave"?
(a) The main character's mother.
(b) The main character's grandmother.
(c) The main character's sister.
(d) The main character's father.
5. Why does Ludmilla read?
(a) For pleasure.
(b) To experience emotions.
(c) For knowledge.
(d) For meaning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Against whom does the main character in "Around an Empty Grave" prepare to defend himself?
2. What is the name of the woman being held hostage in "In a Network of Lines that Enlace"?
3. Where is the woman from that is held in a chair, forced to read?
4. What is Uzzi-Tuzii's profession?
5. Why is the reader put in a prison run by revolutionaries?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)