|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
2. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
3. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Toy boats.
4. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
(a) A baby throwing food.
(b) A baby spitting up on one's shoulder.
(c) A baby splashing water on an adult.
(d) A baby waking up the parents by crying.
5. Read the following statement: "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me." Of what is that statement an example in Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) Teaching lessons.
(c) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
2. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
3. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
4. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
5. What Washington bureaucrat did Bombeck decide she wanted to meeting in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)