|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
(a) Singing cheesy songs in the car.
(b) Heckling drivers from other states.
(c) Pretending it was a mistake to leave one's child behind in a rest room.
(d) Crossing state borders without making a rest stop.
2. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Destroying her husband's camera.
(b) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
(c) Refusing mugshots.
(d) Running a red light.
3. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," what did Bombeck decide she would rather do as opposed to getting out of her car?
(a) Grow longer arms.
(b) Send her child inside.
(c) Have her husband take care of the errands.
(d) Take her business elsewhere.
4. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A new car.
(b) A set of furniture.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) An all-expenses paid vacation.
5. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Pop psychology.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Brechtian theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
2. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
3. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
4. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
5. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
2. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
3. What is "Inspector 56?"
4. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
5. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
6. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
7. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
8. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
9. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
10. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)