|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His health card.
(b) His birth certificate.
2. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
(b) Losing too much money.
(c) Overshooting their bet.
(d) Winning after the show's daily runtime.
3. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
4. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) The amount of sheer luck.
(b) Their lack thereof.
(c) The singularity of their expertise.
(d) The breadth of their knowledge.
5. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The shortness of trends.
(b) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(c) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(d) The way trends begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
2. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
3. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
4. Read the following statement: "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me." Of what is that statement an example in Bombeck's son's paper?
5. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," what did Bombeck decide she would rather do as opposed to getting out of her car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
2. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
3. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
4. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
5. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
6. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
7. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
8. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
9. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
10. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)