|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
(a) His clean clothes would get mixed up with his dirty clothes.
(b) His closet might explode.
(c) He would never be able to find his socks again.
(d) His dresser would not close.
2. Why would Bombeck have felt self-conscious during "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) She knew she was being filmed in the drive-through lane.
(b) Her muffler was really loud.
(c) Her children were acting up.
(d) She could not figure out how to work the ATM.
3. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," what did Bombeck decide she would rather do as opposed to getting out of her car?
(a) Grow longer arms.
(b) Take her business elsewhere.
(c) Have her husband take care of the errands.
(d) Send her child inside.
4. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) A bed.
(b) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
5. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
2. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
3. What space flight did Bombeck mention in "Gametime?"
4. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
5. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
2. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
3. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
4. Describe "Things My Mother Taught Me" and how it made Bombeck feel.
5. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
6. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
7. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
8. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
9. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
10. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)