|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) Trends that she fervantly supported.
(b) Trends that made Bombeck lose interest in fashion.
(c) Trends that she never understood.
(d) Trends that ended before they started.
2. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
3. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) The singularity of their expertise.
(b) Their lack thereof.
(c) The amount of sheer luck.
(d) The breadth of their knowledge.
4. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
(a) Overshooting their bet.
(b) Losing too much money.
(c) Winning after the show's daily runtime.
5. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
(a) They will never come home again.
(b) A mother no longer knows their children best.
(c) They will soon break free.
(d) They will not need to rely exclusively on you anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
2. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
3. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
4. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
5. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
2. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
3. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
4. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
5. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
6. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
7. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
8. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
9. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
10. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)