|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
(a) Tossing the baby in the air after eating.
(b) Waking the baby to show him off to visitors.
(c) Using baby talk.
(d) Dressing the baby like a doll.
2. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
3. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) One-piece bikini.
(b) Three piece bikini.
(c) Diaper bikini.
(d) Pink polka dot bikini.
4. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The game show host's cheesiness.
(b) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
(c) The excitement of the winners.
(d) The women's knowledge.
5. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
(a) The tree in their front yard.
(b) Their other car.
(c) The garage door.
(d) The neighbor's mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
2. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
3. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
4. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
5. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
2. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
3. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
4. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
5. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
6. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
7. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
8. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
9. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
10. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)