|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room," what did Bombeck's son claim was impossible for him to do?
(a) Fold his shirts neatly.
(b) Change his sheets more than once a month.
(c) Shower nightly.
(d) Put his clean laundry away.
2. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) Faux Asian apparel.
(b) Tube dress.
(c) Pierced ears.
(d) High-waisted pants.
3. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
(a) To remove anyone who got sick in teh car.
(b) To sue backseat drivers.
(c) To dissolve a family relationship.
(d) To silence the children.
4. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
(a) They would have to sign a waiver.
(b) They would need to undergo training.
(c) They would be used to train CIA agents.
(d) They would be forced to sign over their houses?
5. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(b) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(c) She was growing tired of the pattern.
(d) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
2. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
3. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
4. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
5. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
2. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
3. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
4. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
5. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
6. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
7. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
8. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
9. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
10. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)