|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
(a) Losing too much money.
(c) Overshooting their bet.
(d) Winning after the show's daily runtime.
2. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(b) Toy boats.
3. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His birth certificate.
(d) His health card.
4. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
(a) A traitor to women.
(b) An irresponsible writer.
(c) A terrible mother.
(d) A liar.
5. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
(a) Hurting themselves if they fall off their bikes.
(b) Getting anything lower than a B on their report cards.
(c) Getting a detention from the principal.
(d) Wearing dirty clothes from the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
2. What did Bombeck claim to do when she saw her daughter's ears were pierced?
3. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
4. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
5. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
2. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
3. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
4. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
5. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
6. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
7. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
8. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
9. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
10. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)