|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to run down the aisle.
(b) When they experience a coronary.
(c) When they have to do a reshoot.
(d) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
2. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
3. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
(a) A mother no longer knows their children best.
(b) They will soon break free.
(c) They will not need to rely exclusively on you anymore.
(d) They will never come home again.
4. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) He pretended to take a picture of her first thing in the morning.
(b) He pretended all of their vacation photos were ruined.
(c) He pretended to take a picture of her hips.
(d) He pretended to lose their film.
5. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
(b) He had been expelled.
(c) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
(d) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
2. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
3. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
4. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
5. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)