|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His health card.
(c) His birth certificate.
2. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His baseball jersey.
(b) His lucky underwear.
(c) His gym socks.
(d) His baseball hat.
3. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
(a) It did not match her hair.
(b) It would not have been in her size.
(c) It was last year's style.
(d) It gifted to someone else.
4. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
(b) The women's knowledge.
(c) The game show host's cheesiness.
(d) The excitement of the winners.
5. Why would Bombeck have felt self-conscious during "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) Her muffler was really loud.
(b) She knew she was being filmed in the drive-through lane.
(c) She could not figure out how to work the ATM.
(d) Her children were acting up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
2. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
3. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
4. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
5. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
2. Describe "Things My Mother Taught Me" and how it made Bombeck feel.
3. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
4. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
5. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
6. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
7. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
8. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
9. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
10. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)