|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Read the following statement: "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me." Of what is that statement an example in Bombeck's son's paper?
(b) Teaching lessons.
(c) Common sense.
2. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
(a) A storage space.
(b) A guest room.
(c) A television room.
(d) An exercise room.
3. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) The amount of sheer luck.
(b) The singularity of their expertise.
(c) The breadth of their knowledge.
(d) Their lack thereof.
4. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His health card.
(d) His birth certificate.
5. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) K-Mart Brand.
(b) Number 32.
(c) Made in Taiwan.
(d) Inspector 56.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
2. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
3. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
4. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
5. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
2. Describe two parts of Bombeck's vacation laws.
3. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
4. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
5. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
6. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
7. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
8. What is "Inspector 56?"
9. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
10. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)