Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(b) The way trends begin.
(c) The shortness of trends.
(d) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
2. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The excitement of the winners.
(b) The women's knowledge.
(c) The game show host's cheesiness.
(d) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
3. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
(a) Freshly baked cookies.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Fresh fruit.
4. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
(a) A liar.
(b) A terrible mother.
(c) A traitor to women.
(d) An irresponsible writer.
5. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
2. What sort of shoes did Bombeck find particularly painful?
3. What did Bombeck cite as being a problem with "The Star Spangled Banner?"
4. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
5. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)