|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
(a) Anyone could use one without qualifications.
(b) A child still needed to be buckled into their seat.
(c) It was geared towards taller shoppers.
(d) Once one begins to use a shopping cart, that person must then fill it up with groceries, necessary or not.
2. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
(a) They would be used to train CIA agents.
(b) They would be forced to sign over their houses?
(c) They would have to sign a waiver.
(d) They would need to undergo training.
3. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
(b) The women's knowledge.
(c) The excitement of the winners.
(d) The game show host's cheesiness.
4. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
5. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) He pretended all of their vacation photos were ruined.
(b) He pretended to lose their film.
(c) He pretended to take a picture of her hips.
(d) He pretended to take a picture of her first thing in the morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
2. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
3. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
4. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
5. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
2. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
3. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
4. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
5. What is "Inspector 56?"
6. Describe "Things My Mother Taught Me" and how it made Bombeck feel.
7. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
8. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
9. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
10. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)