|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
2. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) A bed.
(c) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
3. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) The steering was off.
(b) One wheel was always loose.
(c) It had no brakes.
(d) The basket was too small.
4. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(d) Toy boats.
5. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
2. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
3. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
4. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
5. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
2. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
3. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
4. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
5. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
6. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
7. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
8. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
9. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
10. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)