|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) The singularity of their expertise.
(b) Their lack thereof.
(c) The breadth of their knowledge.
(d) The amount of sheer luck.
2. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The way trends begin.
(b) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(c) The shortness of trends.
(d) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
3. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(b) His health card.
(c) His birth certificate.
4. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
5. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(b) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(c) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(d) She was growing tired of the pattern.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
2. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
3. What were Bombeck's friends' opinions on game shows?
4. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
5. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
2. Why was Bombeck's son resistant to putting away his clean laundry?
3. Describe two parts of Bombeck's vacation laws.
4. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
5. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
6. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
7. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
8. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
9. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
10. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)