|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
(a) Hurting themselves if they fall off their bikes.
(b) Wearing dirty clothes from the day before.
(c) Getting a detention from the principal.
(d) Getting anything lower than a B on their report cards.
2. What space flight did Bombeck mention in "Gametime?"
(a) Russian Soyuz XI.
(b) Memphis Hope I
(c) The Challenging II.
(d) Andromeda IX.
3. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(b) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(c) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(d) She was growing tired of the pattern.
4. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
(a) May until September.
(b) November until March.
(c) September until December.
(d) July until October.
5. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
2. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
3. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
4. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
5. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
2. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
3. What is "Inspector 56?"
4. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
5. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
6. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
7. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
8. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
9. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
10. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)