|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The women's knowledge.
(b) The excitement of the winners.
(c) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
(d) The game show host's cheesiness.
2. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(b) False eyelashes.
(c) Hair curlers.
3. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His baseball jersey.
(b) His gym socks.
(c) His baseball hat.
(d) His lucky underwear.
4. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) They were mostly for teenagers.
(b) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(c) She was too short.
(d) Her measurements are not proportional.
5. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
2. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
3. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
4. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
5. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
2. For what reasons was Bombeck always self-conscious about using the drive-in at a bank?
3. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
4. What was Bombeck's plan to get children to eat healthier in "Illegal Possession of Junk Food?"
5. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
6. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
7. Describe two parts of Bombeck's vacation laws.
8. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
9. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
10. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)