|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(b) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
(c) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(d) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
2. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) Her son's shoestrings to his gym shoes.
(b) Her son's backpack.
(c) Her son's saxophone case.
(d) Her son's binder.
3. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Refusing mugshots.
(b) Destroying her husband's camera.
(c) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
(d) Running a red light.
4. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
(a) A binder.
(b) His medical history.
(c) A note.
(d) His psychological evaluation.
5. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
(a) His dresser would not close.
(b) He would never be able to find his socks again.
(c) His closet might explode.
(d) His clean clothes would get mixed up with his dirty clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," what did Bombeck decide she would rather do as opposed to getting out of her car?
2. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
3. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
4. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
5. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
2. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
3. What is significant about Bombeck's discovery of false eyelashes in purses from her mother?
4. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
5. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
6. What is "Inspector 56?"
7. Describe "Things My Mother Taught Me" and how it made Bombeck feel.
8. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
9. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
10. What were Bombeck's beliefs about kissing?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)