|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) A large check.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) Keys to a new car.
(d) Tickets to Paris.
2. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Pop psychology.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Brechtian theater.
(d) Current Senators.
3. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
(a) A binder.
(b) A note.
(c) His psychological evaluation.
(d) His medical history.
4. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
(b) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(c) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(d) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
5. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to do a reshoot.
(b) When they experience a coronary.
(c) When they have to run down the aisle.
(d) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Washington bureaucrat did Bombeck decide she wanted to meeting in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
2. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
3. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
4. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
5. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
2. What were Bombeck's observations in regards to shopping carts?
3. What prank did Bombeck's husband play on her in "Register Camera Nuts" and how did she react?
4. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
5. How did Bombeck sum up her theories on the future of game show contestants in her theoretical game show?
6. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
7. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
8. Describe two parts of Bombeck's vacation laws.
9. Why was Bombeck always consistently cold in "The Right to Declare War?"
10. What are some parts of "A Baby's Bill of Rights?"
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)