|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Bombeck have felt self-conscious during "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) She could not figure out how to work the ATM.
(b) Her children were acting up.
(c) She knew she was being filmed in the drive-through lane.
(d) Her muffler was really loud.
2. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
(a) A mother no longer knows their children best.
(b) They will soon break free.
(c) They will not need to rely exclusively on you anymore.
(d) They will never come home again.
3. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) Faux Asian apparel.
(b) Pierced ears.
(c) Tube dress.
(d) High-waisted pants.
4. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(b) Hair curlers.
(c) False eyelashes.
5. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
(a) Singing cheesy songs in the car.
(b) Heckling drivers from other states.
(c) Pretending it was a mistake to leave one's child behind in a rest room.
(d) Crossing state borders without making a rest stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
2. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
3. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
4. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
5. How did Bombeck sarcastically refer to the restaurant they walked into in "The Right to Declare War?"
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)