|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he got his driver's license.
(b) When he became employed.
(c) When he became a teenager.
(d) When he started college.
2. What were Bombeck's friends' opinions on game shows?
(a) They were obsessed with them.
(b) They believed they were bad you.
(c) They gambled on them.
(d) They used them to learn new facts.
3. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) Their lack thereof.
(b) The breadth of their knowledge.
(c) The amount of sheer luck.
(d) The singularity of their expertise.
4. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
(a) Her husband's wallet.
(b) Bottom of her son's bookbag.
(c) Trash can.
(d) Dryer lint trap.
5. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
2. What did Bombeck claim to do when she saw her daughter's ears were pierced?
3. What did Bombeck's husband think of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
4. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
5. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the story behind the note in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Healthy."
2. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
3. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
4. In Bombeck's theoretical game show, what would lead to the winning contestant winning a mink coat?
5. Describe two parts of Bombeck's vacation laws.
6. What is "Inspector 56?"
7. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
8. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
9. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
10. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)