|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
(a) When their friend was coming over.
(b) Where their sibling was hiding.
(c) When their homework was due.
(d) Whether anyone would like liver for dinner.
2. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have needed cleaner air.
(b) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
(c) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(d) It would have played dress-up with the children.
3. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her knees.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her eyebrows.
4. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
5. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her wedding anniversary.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
2. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
3. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
4. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
5. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
2. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
3. Describe Bombeck's humor.
4. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
5. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
6. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
7. What were some of the basic tasks that Bombeck's family were unable to perform in "Is There Life After Mine?"
8. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
9. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
10. Discuss I. Dunno.
This section contains 1,138 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)