|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
(a) The sofa without Scotch Guard.
(b) The family rocking chair.
(c) The dining room table.
(d) The antique trunk.
2. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) A spoiled kid.
(b) The dog.
(c) The daily weather.
(d) Their homework assignments.
3. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
(a) Eating enough vegetables.
(b) Understanding that they must wash their hands after handling raw meat.
(c) Putting the food in the pan when it was time to heat it up.
(d) Rinsing the vegetables before consumption.
4. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
(a) She wanted her daughter to stand out in a crowd.
(b) She wanted to name her daughter after her grandmother.
(c) She wanted her daughter to have a classic name.
(d) She claimed it was easy to remember.
5. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
2. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
3. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
4. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
5. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clothing issues did Bombeck experience in regards to her trip to Europe?
2. How did Bombeck's husband humorously skewer the idealization of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently"?
3. What are some of the fashions Bombeck discusses in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
4. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
5. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
6. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
7. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
8. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
9. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
10. How did Bombeck view women who returned to school late in life?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)