|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress during "Have a Good Day"?
(a) She bought a pound of cannabis.
(b) She sprayed room deoderizer under her arm.
(c) She drank all of her wine.
(d) She opened every tin can in the house and served the collected food as a casserole.
2. According to Bombeck in "Primer for Imaginative Children," what can food from the refrigerator not do?
(a) Cook itself to the children's specifications.
(b) Fulfill all nutritional requirements for the day.
(c) Put itself away.
(d) Act as an excuse for a child's forgetfulness.
3. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
4. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Household chores.
(b) Dentist appointments.
(c) Bathroom breaks.
5. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe parents are clueless.
(b) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(c) Children believe that their parents like working.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
2. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
4. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
5. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
2. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
3. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
4. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
5. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
6. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
7. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
8. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
9. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
10. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)