|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
2. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Shaved her tongue.
(b) Buttered her hand.
(c) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
(d) Bleached her black clothing.
3. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
(a) Being too strict on the kids.
(b) Cheating on her.
(c) Ignoring his family.
(d) Intentionally making a mess when he was home.
4. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
(a) A worrier.
(b) A total gossip.
(c) A natural born leader.
(d) A bad cook.
5. According to Bombeck's list of guidelines that determine whether a child should call their parent at work, the amount of what substance ought to be evaluated to constitute an emergency?
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
2. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
3. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
4. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
5. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Lionel?
2. Describe Bombeck's humor.
3. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
4. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
5. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
6. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
7. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
8. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
9. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
10. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)