|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
(b) Exercising the mind.
(c) Living the better life.
(d) Escaping reality.
2. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) The dog.
(b) A spoiled kid.
(c) Their homework assignments.
(d) The daily weather.
3. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her knees.
(c) Her eyebrows.
(d) Her feet.
4. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) A leaky Goodyear blimp.
(b) A rock concert.
(c) A muffler with a hole.
(d) A train in a tunnel.
5. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) Running late.
(b) Not putting gas in the car.
(c) Talking back to the radio.
(d) Not taking out the garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
2. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
3. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
4. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
5. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bombeck's humor.
2. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
3. What were some trends Bombeck hoped were on the way out and how did she admit to ultimately feeling about certain fads?
4. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
5. Discuss I. Dunno.
6. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
7. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
8. How did Bombeck view women who returned to school late in life?
9. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
10. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)