|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
2. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) The dog.
(b) The daily weather.
(c) A spoiled kid.
(d) Their homework assignments.
3. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
(c) Going to church.
(d) Having children.
4. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
5. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
(a) Escaping reality.
(c) Exercising the mind.
(d) Living the better life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
2. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
3. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
4. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
5. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
2. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
3. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
4. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
5. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
6. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
7. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
8. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
9. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
10. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)