|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(b) Knowledge of the sport.
2. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
(a) Dirty dishes.
(b) Complaints about the other kids.
(c) A list of phone messages from the previous week.
(d) A torn up living room because of the dog.
3. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) Their weaker hand.
(b) Their ball-handler.
(c) The leg of their tennis panties.
(d) Their bra.
4. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(a) Table manners.
(d) Literary habits.
5. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
(a) She never had to deal with her neglectful husband.
(b) She was able to get out of the house once in awhile.
(c) Her children were never in trouble.
(d) Her children always kept the house perfectly clean and had their homework done every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
2. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
3. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
4. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
5. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
2. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
3. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
4. Discuss I. Dunno.
5. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
6. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
7. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
8. Who was Lionel?
9. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
10. Describe Bombeck's humor.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)