|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
2. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
(a) Football game.
(b) Last day of school.
(c) School picture day.
(d) School social.
3. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
(b) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(c) It would have needed cleaner air.
(d) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
4. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
(b) The operations cost the company too much money.
(c) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(d) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
5. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
(a) A worrier.
(b) A bad cook.
(c) A total gossip.
(d) A natural born leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
2. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
3. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
4. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
5. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
2. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
3. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
4. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
5. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
6. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
7. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
8. What did Bombeck point out about people's perceptions of Tom and Lorraine Suggs?
9. Describe Bombeck's humor.
10. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)