|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(b) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(c) She raised ten children on her own.
(d) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
2. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(a) Tin cans.
(b) Aerosol spray cans.
3. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(b) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(c) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
(d) The operations cost the company too much money.
4. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her best friend's sons.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
5. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
(b) Having children.
(c) Going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck in "Primer for Imaginative Children," what can food from the refrigerator not do?
2. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
3. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
4. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
5. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bombeck view women who returned to school late in life?
2. What impressed Bombeck most about the women on game shows?
3. What did Bombeck point out about people's perceptions of Tom and Lorraine Suggs?
4. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
5. Describe "Things My Mother Taught Me" and how it made Bombeck feel.
6. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
7. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
8. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what were signs that Bombeck's son was growing up?
9. How does Bombeck deal with a letter she forgot to mail to her sister in "The Unmailed Letter"?
10. What is "Inspector 56?"
This section contains 1,150 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)