|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) They did not know what qualified as a dressing nicely.
(b) They did now know that they were all wearing boy's clothes.
(c) They did not know that their summer clothes were hand-me-downs.
(d) They did not know that nudity was not a choice.
2. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
(a) Her family preferred books over television.
(b) She preferred to do household chores while pretending to be in a sitcom.
(c) Watching TV was not a bonding experience for her family.
(d) Her family was not funny.
3. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
(a) Lauren Bacall.
(b) Liza Minnelli.
(c) Lucille Ball.
(d) Carol Channing.
4. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(b) It would have needed cleaner air.
(c) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
(d) It would have played dress-up with the children.
5. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
(a) Lettuce was fattening.
(b) Pantyhose would be bad for you.
(c) Wine had no health benefits.
(d) Exercise decreased one's lifespan.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
2. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
3. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
4. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
5. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
2. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
3. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
4. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
5. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
6. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
7. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
8. Who was Lionel?
9. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
10. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)