|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(b) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(c) The operations cost the company too much money.
(d) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
2. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Dentist appointments.
(c) Household chores.
(d) Bathroom breaks.
3. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their teachers.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their ages.
4. How did Bombeck feel about the magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) She felt inspired by the article.
(b) She felt disturbed by the working woman's robotic tone.
(c) She felt as if she did not measure up.
(d) She felt enraged by the author's assumptions about women.
5. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(b) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
(c) It would have needed cleaner air.
(d) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
2. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
3. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
4. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
5. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bombeck's humor.
2. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
3. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
4. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
5. Discuss I. Dunno.
6. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
7. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
8. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
9. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
10. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)