|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
(a) She was being taken advantage of by her family.
(b) She complained too much about being busy.
(c) She had every right to try to divorce her husband for negligence.
(d) She was fortunate that her husband was always out-of-town.
2. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
(a) A low price on good cuts of meat.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) Motorcycle lessons.
(d) An apprenticeship.
3. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
(a) They must remember to feed their dog.
(b) They must make sure the dog stays off of the furniture.
(c) They must make sure the dog does not jump the fence.
(d) They must take the dog outside whenever he needs to.
4. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her bathtub.
(b) Her furnace.
(c) The heat of her underarms.
(d) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
5. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
(a) They never appreciated her cooking.
(b) Their inability to change the toilet paper roll.
(c) They never learned how to mow the grass.
(d) They never cleaned out the attic.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
2. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
3. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
4. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
5. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
2. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
3. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
4. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
5. Describe Bombeck's humor.
6. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
7. What were some of the basic tasks that Bombeck's family were unable to perform in "Is There Life After Mine?"
8. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
9. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
10. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
This section contains 1,154 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)