|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(a) Tin cans.
(c) Aerosol spray cans.
2. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
(a) A low price on good cuts of meat.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) Cooking lessons.
(d) Motorcycle lessons.
3. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress during "Have a Good Day"?
(a) She bought a pound of cannabis.
(b) She opened every tin can in the house and served the collected food as a casserole.
(c) She drank all of her wine.
(d) She sprayed room deoderizer under her arm.
4. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
(a) Watching TV was not a bonding experience for her family.
(b) Her family preferred books over television.
(c) Her family was not funny.
(d) She preferred to do household chores while pretending to be in a sitcom.
5. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(b) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(c) The operations cost the company too much money.
(d) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
2. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
3. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
4. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
5. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
2. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
3. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
4. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
5. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
6. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
7. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
8. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
9. Who was Lionel?
10. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
This section contains 1,214 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)