|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
(a) A natural born leader.
(b) A worrier.
(c) A bad cook.
(d) A total gossip.
2. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
(a) Motorcycle lessons.
(b) Cooking lessons.
(c) A low price on good cuts of meat.
(d) An apprenticeship.
3. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her eyebrows.
(c) Her knees.
(d) Her feet.
4. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(b) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(c) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
(d) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
5. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
(a) Putting the food in the pan when it was time to heat it up.
(b) Eating enough vegetables.
(c) Understanding that they must wash their hands after handling raw meat.
(d) Rinsing the vegetables before consumption.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
2. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
3. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
4. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
5. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
2. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
3. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
4. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
5. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
6. Describe Bombeck's humor.
7. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
8. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
9. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
10. Who was Lionel?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)