|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
(a) Dirty dishes.
(b) A list of phone messages from the previous week.
(c) Complaints about the other kids.
(d) A torn up living room because of the dog.
2. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to England.
(b) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(c) Move to New York City.
(d) Move into their own apartment.
3. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
(a) She was able to get out of the house once in awhile.
(b) Her children were never in trouble.
(c) Her children always kept the house perfectly clean and had their homework done every night.
(d) She never had to deal with her neglectful husband.
4. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(b) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
(c) Taking away allowances.
(d) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
5. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) Talking back to the radio.
(b) Running late.
(c) Not taking out the garbage.
(d) Not putting gas in the car.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
2. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
3. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
4. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
5. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
2. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
3. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
4. Discuss I. Dunno.
5. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
6. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck worry about?
7. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
8. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
9. What were some of the basic tasks that Bombeck's family were unable to perform in "Is There Life After Mine?"
10. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)