Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(b) Knowledge of the sport.
2. What was Bombeck unable to secure for her family in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) A playgroup.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A babysitter.
3. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
(a) They never cleaned out the attic.
(b) Their inability to change the toilet paper roll.
(c) They never learned how to mow the grass.
(d) They never appreciated her cooking.
4. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(b) Children believe parents are clueless.
(c) Children believe that their parents like working.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
5. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
2. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
3. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
4. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
5. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," what are some of Bombeck's five aspects of decorum?
2. Discuss Bombeck's analogy of children in "How to Speak Child Fluently."
3. For what reasons did Jackie believe game shows were bad for people?
4. Describe Bombeck's humor.
5. What is "Inspector 56?"
6. For what reasons did Bombeck decide that there should be two versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner?"
7. What happens during the "Epilogue" that helps "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?" end on a humorous, yet nostalgic note?
8. Describe the beauty Bombeck saw in her mother in the essay, "Beauty."
9. For what reasons is "Mike and the Grass" a nostalgic, sad story?
10. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)