|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her best friend's sons.
(d) Her husband.
2. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) A muffler with a hole.
(b) A train in a tunnel.
(c) A leaky Goodyear blimp.
(d) A rock concert.
3. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Her attempts to wean herself off of coffee.
(b) A coffee boycott.
(c) The surgeon general's misleading warning about caffeine.
(d) Her attempts to switch from coffee to tea.
4. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
(a) She needed both hands for tennis.
(b) She did not like having a ball stored in her bra.
(c) She did not have enough room in her tennis panties.
(d) She was never able to talk her child into being in charge of the tennis balls.
5. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
(a) To scare off the burglars.
(b) To annoy his wife.
(c) To stay awake.
(d) To compete with the neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
2. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
4. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
5. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bombeck point out about people's perceptions of Tom and Lorraine Suggs?
2. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
3. Discuss I. Dunno.
4. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
5. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
6. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
7. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
8. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
9. Describe Bombeck's humor.
10. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
This section contains 1,249 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)