|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
2. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
(a) The price of meat went up.
(b) She found that he sells special cuts of meat to his favorite customers.
(c) She was afraid that he was about to quit the butcher shop.
(d) She accidentally insulted his profession.
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) The positive side of constantly travelling.
(b) The downside to being away from one's family.
(c) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(d) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
4. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to England.
(b) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(c) Move to New York City.
(d) Move into their own apartment.
5. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) The new couple's first date.
(b) The opening credits.
(c) The movie trailers.
(d) The murder victim before the victim's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
2. Who was "I. Dontcare?"
3. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
4. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
5. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
2. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
3. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
4. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
5. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
6. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
7. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
8. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
9. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
10. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)