|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
(a) She was afraid that he was about to quit the butcher shop.
(b) She accidentally insulted his profession.
(c) The price of meat went up.
(d) She found that he sells special cuts of meat to his favorite customers.
2. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(b) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
(c) The operations cost the company too much money.
(d) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
3. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have needed cleaner air.
(b) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(c) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(d) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
4. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) A leaky Goodyear blimp.
(b) A train in a tunnel.
(c) A rock concert.
(d) A muffler with a hole.
5. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
2. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
3. What was Bombeck unable to secure for her family in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
4. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
5. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
2. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
3. Describe Bombeck's humor.
4. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
5. Who was Lionel?
6. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
7. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
8. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
9. What were some of the basic tasks that Bombeck's family were unable to perform in "Is There Life After Mine?"
10. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)