|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
(b) Mother of the Month.
(c) Mother of the Year.
(d) Mother Maryress.
2. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
(a) She accidentally insulted his profession.
(b) She was afraid that he was about to quit the butcher shop.
(c) The price of meat went up.
(d) She found that he sells special cuts of meat to his favorite customers.
3. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Turning in homework assignments.
(b) Being on time for curfew.
(c) Letting the parents know about important school events.
(d) Returning library books.
4. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
(a) They must take the dog outside whenever he needs to.
(b) They must make sure the dog does not jump the fence.
(c) They must make sure the dog stays off of the furniture.
(d) They must remember to feed their dog.
5. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
2. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
3. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
4. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
5. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "Primer for Imaginative Children," what had become the typical office's stance on doctor's appointments and surgeries?
2. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
3. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
4. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
5. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
6. With what issue did Bombeck struggle in "The Varicose Open" and why?
7. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
8. Describe Bombeck's humor.
9. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
10. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)