|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) Their weaker hand.
(b) Their bra.
(c) Their ball-handler.
(d) The leg of their tennis panties.
2. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her bathtub.
(b) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
(c) Her furnace.
(d) The heat of her underarms.
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
(b) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(c) The positive side of constantly travelling.
(d) The downside to being away from one's family.
4. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move into their own apartment.
(b) Move to England.
(c) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(d) Move to New York City.
5. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
(a) Lucille Ball.
(b) Carol Channing.
(c) Lauren Bacall.
(d) Liza Minnelli.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
2. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
3. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
4. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
5. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of the basic tasks that Bombeck's family were unable to perform in "Is There Life After Mine?"
2. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
3. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
4. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
5. What did Bombeck note as being the difference between her family and sitcom families in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
6. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
7. What was the purpose of the article about the female architect and how did it make Bombeck feel as a result?
8. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress in "Have a Good Day?"
9. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
10. What annoyances does Bombeck describe in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad?"
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)