|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(c) Cooking gourmet food every night.
2. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
(a) Claiming dehydration.
(b) Problems with the tape wrapped around the tennis handle.
(c) A sudden muscle cramp.
(d) Retying a shoe.
3. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) Their homework assignments.
(b) The dog.
(c) The daily weather.
(d) A spoiled kid.
4. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
5. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Bleached her black clothing.
(b) Shaved her tongue.
(c) Buttered her hand.
(d) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
2. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
3. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
4. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
5. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Lionel?
2. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
3. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
4. Describe Bombeck's humor.
5. Who is Lorraine Suggs?
6. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?", what does Bombeck say started to happen to housewives and what was the result?
7. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
8. According to Bombeck, what was the result of the coffee boycott in 1942?
9. Discuss I. Dunno.
10. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)