|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to England.
(b) Move into their own apartment.
(c) Move to New York City.
(d) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
2. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
(a) She wanted her daughter to stand out in a crowd.
(b) She claimed it was easy to remember.
(c) She wanted to name her daughter after her grandmother.
(d) She wanted her daughter to have a classic name.
3. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(b) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(c) The operations cost the company too much money.
(d) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
4. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
(a) Complaints about the other kids.
(b) A list of phone messages from the previous week.
(c) A torn up living room because of the dog.
(d) Dirty dishes.
5. In "Mother Mystique," what did Bombeck believe was the only way for a mother to survive?
(a) Assigning chores.
(b) Sending the children to school.
(c) Knowing what their children were always doing.
(d) Taking control of the car radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
2. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
3. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
4. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
5. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what were some of the differences between men and women that should be discussed prior to the wedding?
2. What were some of the considerations Bombeck claimed children should think about before calling a parent at work?
3. What did Bombeck claim about remembering children's names in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
4. What were some of the snoring "cures" Bombeck considered for her husband?
5. What does Bombeck hypothesize about the reasons so many marriages fail?
6. How did Bombeck achieve lower costs with her butcher?
7. What question did Bombeck discuss in "Mother Mystique" and what was her answer?
8. Describe Bombeck's tennis tips in "The Varicose Open."
9. Discuss I. Dunno.
10. Describe some of the things that children must be aware of when staying home alone in "Primer for Imaginative Children."
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)