|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
(a) Using baby talk.
(b) Dressing the baby like a doll.
(c) Tossing the baby in the air after eating.
(d) Waking the baby to show him off to visitors.
2. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
(a) The garage door.
(b) The neighbor's mailbox.
(c) Their other car.
(d) The tree in their front yard.
3. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A new car.
(b) An all-expenses paid vacation.
(c) A large sum of money.
(d) A set of furniture.
4. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to do a reshoot.
(b) When they have to run down the aisle.
(c) When they experience a coronary.
(d) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
5. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) A camera should shut off automatically when it falls into the hands of a child.
(b) The developers should throw away any unflattering pictures.
(c) All cameras should subtract twenty pounds.
(d) There is a limit as to who could use a camera.
6. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
(b) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
(c) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(d) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
7. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(b) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(c) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(d) She was growing tired of the pattern.
8. What space flight did Bombeck mention in "Gametime?"
(a) Memphis Hope I
(b) The Challenging II.
(c) Russian Soyuz XI.
(d) Andromeda IX.
9. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) A large check.
(b) Keys to a new car.
(c) Tickets to Paris.
(d) A bag of gold.
10. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Freshly baked cookies.
11. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
12. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
(a) He said it was when he accidentally grabbed her breast.
(b) He said it was when he said, "I do."
(c) He said it was when their children arrived.
(d) He said it was when he fell going down the aisle.
13. During "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room," what did Bombeck's son claim was impossible for him to do?
(a) Fold his shirts neatly.
(b) Put his clean laundry away.
(c) Shower nightly.
(d) Change his sheets more than once a month.
14. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
15. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Toy boats.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
2. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
3. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
4. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
5. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)