|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
(a) It gifted to someone else.
(b) It was last year's style.
(c) It did not match her hair.
(d) It would not have been in her size.
2. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
3. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) His health card.
4. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
5. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) The singularity of their expertise.
(b) Their lack thereof.
(c) The amount of sheer luck.
(d) The breadth of their knowledge.
6. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) Three piece bikini.
(b) Pink polka dot bikini.
(c) One-piece bikini.
(d) Diaper bikini.
7. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
8. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His lucky underwear.
(b) His baseball jersey.
(c) His gym socks.
(d) His baseball hat.
9. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he became employed.
(b) When he got his driver's license.
(c) When he became a teenager.
(d) When he started college.
10. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(b) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(c) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(d) She was growing tired of the pattern.
11. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
(b) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(c) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(d) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
12. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(b) False eyelashes.
(d) Hair curlers.
13. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The way trends begin.
(b) The shortness of trends.
(c) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(d) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
14. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
15. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to run down the aisle.
(b) When they experience a coronary.
(c) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
(d) When they have to do a reshoot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
2. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
3. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
4. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
5. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)