|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he started college.
(b) When he became a teenager.
(c) When he got his driver's license.
(d) When he became employed.
2. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Pop psychology.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Brechtian theater.
3. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Destroying her husband's camera.
(b) Refusing mugshots.
(c) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
(d) Running a red light.
4. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
(a) A note.
(b) His psychological evaluation.
(c) His medical history.
(d) A binder.
5. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Toy boats.
6. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
(a) To silence the children.
(b) To sue backseat drivers.
(c) To dissolve a family relationship.
(d) To remove anyone who got sick in teh car.
7. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
8. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) Keys to a new car.
(c) Tickets to Paris.
(d) A large check.
9. Why would Bombeck have felt self-conscious during "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) Her muffler was really loud.
(b) Her children were acting up.
(c) She could not figure out how to work the ATM.
(d) She knew she was being filmed in the drive-through lane.
10. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) They were mostly for teenagers.
(b) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(c) Her measurements are not proportional.
(d) She was too short.
11. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) Faux Asian apparel.
(b) High-waisted pants.
(c) Tube dress.
(d) Pierced ears.
12. What did Bombeck's husband think of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) He thought it was silly.
(b) He liked it.
(c) He did not care for it.
(d) He believed it was exaggerated.
13. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
14. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The way trends begin.
(b) The shortness of trends.
(c) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(d) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
15. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) It had no brakes.
(b) The steering was off.
(c) The basket was too small.
(d) One wheel was always loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
2. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
3. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
4. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
5. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)