|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Running a red light.
(b) Refusing mugshots.
(c) Destroying her husband's camera.
(d) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
2. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) A large check.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) Keys to a new car.
(d) Tickets to Paris.
3. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) One-piece bikini.
(b) Pink polka dot bikini.
(c) Three piece bikini.
(d) Diaper bikini.
4. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A set of furniture.
(b) A large sum of money.
(c) A new car.
(d) An all-expenses paid vacation.
5. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he became employed.
(b) When he became a teenager.
(c) When he started college.
(d) When he got his driver's license.
6. How did Bombeck sarcastically refer to the restaurant they walked into in "The Right to Declare War?"
(a) A grocery store.
(b) A meat locker.
(c) A college dorm.
(d) A house of horrors.
7. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) She was too short.
(b) Her measurements are not proportional.
(c) They were mostly for teenagers.
(d) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
8. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
(a) Once one begins to use a shopping cart, that person must then fill it up with groceries, necessary or not.
(b) Anyone could use one without qualifications.
(c) A child still needed to be buckled into their seat.
(d) It was geared towards taller shoppers.
9. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His baseball jersey.
(b) His baseball hat.
(c) His gym socks.
(d) His lucky underwear.
10. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
(a) Dressing the baby like a doll.
(b) Using baby talk.
(c) Waking the baby to show him off to visitors.
(d) Tossing the baby in the air after eating.
11. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
(b) A bed.
12. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
(a) Leave their town.
(b) Graduate college.
(d) Find a career that makes him happy.
13. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Toy boats.
14. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
15. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
Short Answer Questions
1. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
2. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
3. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
4. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
5. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)