|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(a) False eyelashes.
(b) Hair curlers.
2. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) Their lack thereof.
(b) The amount of sheer luck.
(c) The breadth of their knowledge.
(d) The singularity of their expertise.
3. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
(a) An irresponsible writer.
(b) A traitor to women.
(c) A liar.
(d) A terrible mother.
4. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) The basket was too small.
(b) The steering was off.
(c) One wheel was always loose.
(d) It had no brakes.
5. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(b) A bed.
(d) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
6. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
(a) It was geared towards taller shoppers.
(b) Anyone could use one without qualifications.
(c) Once one begins to use a shopping cart, that person must then fill it up with groceries, necessary or not.
(d) A child still needed to be buckled into their seat.
7. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
8. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(b) She was too short.
(c) They were mostly for teenagers.
(d) Her measurements are not proportional.
9. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She was growing tired of the pattern.
(b) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(c) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(d) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
10. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
11. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
12. What space flight did Bombeck mention in "Gametime?"
(a) Andromeda IX.
(b) Russian Soyuz XI.
(c) The Challenging II.
(d) Memphis Hope I
13. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
(a) Freshly baked cookies.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Fresh fruit.
14. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
(a) They would have to sign a waiver.
(b) They would be forced to sign over their houses?
(c) They would be used to train CIA agents.
(d) They would need to undergo training.
15. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) Her son's binder.
(b) Her son's saxophone case.
(c) Her son's shoestrings to his gym shoes.
(d) Her son's backpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
2. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
3. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
4. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
5. Where did Bombeck feel particularly self-conscious in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)