|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) Number 32.
(b) Inspector 56.
(c) K-Mart Brand.
(d) Made in Taiwan.
2. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) Her son's binder.
(b) Her son's backpack.
(c) Her son's shoestrings to his gym shoes.
(d) Her son's saxophone case.
3. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
4. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) His health card.
5. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
(a) Once one begins to use a shopping cart, that person must then fill it up with groceries, necessary or not.
(b) It was geared towards taller shoppers.
(c) A child still needed to be buckled into their seat.
(d) Anyone could use one without qualifications.
6. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(b) Her measurements are not proportional.
(c) She was too short.
(d) They were mostly for teenagers.
7. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) He pretended all of their vacation photos were ruined.
(b) He pretended to take a picture of her first thing in the morning.
(c) He pretended to take a picture of her hips.
(d) He pretended to lose their film.
8. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) A bed.
(d) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
9. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) Faux Asian apparel.
(b) Tube dress.
(c) Pierced ears.
(d) High-waisted pants.
10. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The shortness of trends.
(b) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(c) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(d) The way trends begin.
11. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
(a) A liar.
(b) A terrible mother.
(c) A traitor to women.
(d) An irresponsible writer.
12. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A set of furniture.
(c) An all-expenses paid vacation.
(d) A new car.
13. What were Bombeck's friends' opinions on game shows?
(a) They gambled on them.
(b) They were obsessed with them.
(c) They believed they were bad you.
(d) They used them to learn new facts.
14. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
(b) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
(c) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
(d) He had been expelled.
15. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Brechtian theater.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Pop psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
2. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
3. What Washington bureaucrat did Bombeck decide she wanted to meeting in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
4. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
5. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)