|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
(a) Overshooting their bet.
(b) Winning after the show's daily runtime.
(d) Losing too much money.
2. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) It had no brakes.
(b) One wheel was always loose.
(c) The basket was too small.
(d) The steering was off.
3. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) Trends that ended before they started.
(b) Trends that she fervantly supported.
(c) Trends that she never understood.
(d) Trends that made Bombeck lose interest in fashion.
4. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
(a) He said it was when their children arrived.
(b) He said it was when he fell going down the aisle.
(c) He said it was when he said, "I do."
(d) He said it was when he accidentally grabbed her breast.
5. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
6. What did Bombeck claim to do when she saw her daughter's ears were pierced?
(c) She grounded her daughter.
7. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
(a) They would need to undergo training.
(b) They would be used to train CIA agents.
(c) They would be forced to sign over their houses?
(d) They would have to sign a waiver.
8. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The shortness of trends.
(b) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(c) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(d) The way trends begin.
9. What Washington bureaucrat did Bombeck decide she wanted to meeting in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) The designer of the drive-up mailboxes.
(b) The one who decided post offices should always be located far away from populated areas.
(c) The designer of the stamps.
(d) The one who decides the cost of shipping parcels.
10. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(b) Italian Lira.
11. What was Bombeck unable to find when her son needed a particular object to return to school?
(c) His birth certificate.
(d) His health card.
12. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
13. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) She was too short.
(b) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(c) Her measurements are not proportional.
(d) They were mostly for teenagers.
14. What did Bombeck's husband think of her analogy in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) He thought it was silly.
(b) He liked it.
(c) He believed it was exaggerated.
(d) He did not care for it.
15. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
(a) Their lack thereof.
(b) The singularity of their expertise.
(c) The breadth of their knowledge.
(d) The amount of sheer luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
2. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
3. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
4. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
5. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)