|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bombeck cite as being a problem with "The Star Spangled Banner?"
(a) Too many people do not know the words.
(b) The melody could hurt nonprofessional singers.
(c) The song is too long.
(d) Too many people deviate from the melody when singing it before a ballgame.
2. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
3. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he became employed.
(b) When he got his driver's license.
(c) When he started college.
(d) When he became a teenager.
4. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
(b) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
(c) He had been expelled.
(d) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
5. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to do a reshoot.
(b) When they have to run down the aisle.
(c) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
(d) When they experience a coronary.
6. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
(a) Leave their town.
(b) Find a career that makes him happy.
(c) Graduate college.
7. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The excitement of the winners.
(b) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
(c) The game show host's cheesiness.
(d) The women's knowledge.
8. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) Made in Taiwan.
(b) Inspector 56.
(c) K-Mart Brand.
(d) Number 32.
9. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) Her son's backpack.
(b) Her son's binder.
(c) Her son's saxophone case.
(d) Her son's shoestrings to his gym shoes.
10. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(b) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(c) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
(d) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
11. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His lucky underwear.
(b) His baseball jersey.
(c) His baseball hat.
(d) His gym socks.
12. In "Gametime," how long did Bombeck watch game shows?
(a) Several hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Several days.
13. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
(b) A bed.
14. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The way trends begin.
(b) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(c) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(d) The shortness of trends.
15. What sort of bikini was a trend in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
(a) Three piece bikini.
(b) One-piece bikini.
(c) Diaper bikini.
(d) Pink polka dot bikini.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
2. Of what was the "fanny sweater" an example in "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me"?
3. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
4. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
5. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)