|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
(a) Fresh fruit.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(d) Freshly baked cookies.
2. What were Bombeck's friends' opinions on game shows?
(a) They used them to learn new facts.
(b) They believed they were bad you.
(c) They gambled on them.
(d) They were obsessed with them.
3. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) Made in Taiwan.
(b) K-Mart Brand.
(c) Inspector 56.
(d) Number 32.
4. What sort of shoes did Bombeck find particularly painful?
(b) Gogo boots.
(c) Open-toed high heels.
(d) Platform shoes.
5. Read the following statement: "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me." Of what is that statement an example in Bombeck's son's paper?
(b) Teaching lessons.
(d) Common sense.
6. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to run down the aisle.
(b) When they experience a coronary.
(c) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
(d) When they have to do a reshoot.
7. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
(a) His psychological evaluation.
(b) A note.
(c) His medical history.
(d) A binder.
8. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
(a) July until October.
(b) May until September.
(c) September until December.
(d) November until March.
9. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A new car.
(b) An all-expenses paid vacation.
(c) A set of furniture.
(d) A large sum of money.
10. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) A camera should shut off automatically when it falls into the hands of a child.
(b) All cameras should subtract twenty pounds.
(c) The developers should throw away any unflattering pictures.
(d) There is a limit as to who could use a camera.
11. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) Keys to a new car.
(c) A large check.
(d) Tickets to Paris.
12. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
13. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Mooching best friend.
(b) Football teammates.
(c) New girlfriend.
(d) Surfer friends.
14. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
15. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) High-waisted pants.
(b) Pierced ears.
(c) Faux Asian apparel.
(d) Tube dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
2. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
3. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
4. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
5. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)