|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(c) Italian Lira.
2. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His gym socks.
(b) His lucky underwear.
(c) His baseball hat.
(d) His baseball jersey.
3. How did Bombeck sarcastically refer to the restaurant they walked into in "The Right to Declare War?"
(a) A meat locker.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A college dorm.
(d) A house of horrors.
4. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She was growing tired of the pattern.
(b) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(c) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(d) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
5. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
(a) He said it was when their children arrived.
(b) He said it was when he fell going down the aisle.
(c) He said it was when he said, "I do."
(d) He said it was when he accidentally grabbed her breast.
6. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) There is a limit as to who could use a camera.
(b) A camera should shut off automatically when it falls into the hands of a child.
(c) All cameras should subtract twenty pounds.
(d) The developers should throw away any unflattering pictures.
7. How many versions of "The Star-Spangled Banner" did Bombeck decide should exist?
8. Why would Bombeck have felt self-conscious during "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
(a) Her muffler was really loud.
(b) She knew she was being filmed in the drive-through lane.
(c) Her children were acting up.
(d) She could not figure out how to work the ATM.
9. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
10. In "A Baby's Bill of Rights," for what offense would Bombeck assign a penalty?
(a) Dressing the baby like a doll.
(b) Using baby talk.
(c) Waking the baby to show him off to visitors.
(d) Tossing the baby in the air after eating.
11. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The game show host's cheesiness.
(b) The excitement of the winners.
(c) The women's knowledge.
(d) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
12. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
(b) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
(c) He had been expelled.
(d) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
13. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(c) A promise to not try to enforce a curfew.
(d) A bed.
14. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
(a) The neighbor's mailbox.
(b) Their other car.
(c) The garage door.
(d) The tree in their front yard.
15. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
2. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
3. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
4. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
5. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)