|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Brechtian theater.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Pop psychology.
2. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
(b) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
(c) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
(d) He had been expelled.
3. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
(a) Dryer lint trap.
(b) Bottom of her son's bookbag.
(c) Her husband's wallet.
(d) Trash can.
4. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
(a) They would be used to train CIA agents.
(b) They would be forced to sign over their houses?
(c) They would have to sign a waiver.
(d) They would need to undergo training.
5. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
6. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
7. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
(a) Getting a detention from the principal.
(b) Wearing dirty clothes from the day before.
(c) Getting anything lower than a B on their report cards.
(d) Hurting themselves if they fall off their bikes.
8. Where did Bombeck feel particularly self-conscious in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
9. In "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows," which of the following is not one of the places Bombeck listed as examples of when to use a drive-through window?
10. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(d) Toy boats.
11. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(a) Italian Lira.
12. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
(a) He said it was when he fell going down the aisle.
(b) He said it was when he said, "I do."
(c) He said it was when he accidentally grabbed her breast.
(d) He said it was when their children arrived.
13. What did Bombeck's son believe would happen if he followed his mother's wishes in "Search and Seizure Rights in the Laundry Room?"
(a) His clean clothes would get mixed up with his dirty clothes.
(b) His closet might explode.
(c) He would never be able to find his socks again.
(d) His dresser would not close.
14. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) The steering was off.
(b) The basket was too small.
(c) One wheel was always loose.
(d) It had no brakes.
15. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) Made in Taiwan.
(b) Number 32.
(c) K-Mart Brand.
(d) Inspector 56.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
2. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
3. After her son moves out, into what does Bombeck transform his bedroom?
4. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
5. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)