|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(b) Toy boats.
2. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
(a) November until March.
(b) July until October.
(c) September until December.
(d) May until September.
3. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
(a) K-Mart Brand.
(b) Inspector 56.
(c) Made in Taiwan.
(d) Number 32.
4. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
(a) Wearing dirty clothes from the day before.
(b) Getting a detention from the principal.
(c) Hurting themselves if they fall off their bikes.
(d) Getting anything lower than a B on their report cards.
5. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
(a) When they have to do a reshoot.
(b) When they have to stand next to the lucky winner.
(c) When they have to run down the aisle.
(d) When they experience a coronary.
6. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Refusing mugshots.
(b) Destroying her husband's camera.
(c) Running a red light.
(d) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
7. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
8. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) Her measurements are not proportional.
(b) They were mostly for teenagers.
(c) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(d) She was too short.
9. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
10. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
(a) A baby throwing food.
(b) A baby splashing water on an adult.
(c) A baby spitting up on one's shoulder.
(d) A baby waking up the parents by crying.
11. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
(a) The tree in their front yard.
(b) Their other car.
(c) The garage door.
(d) The neighbor's mailbox.
12. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
(a) When he became employed.
(b) When he became a teenager.
(c) When he got his driver's license.
(d) When he started college.
13. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
(b) Leave their town.
(c) Find a career that makes him happy.
(d) Graduate college.
14. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
(a) Tickets to Paris.
(b) Keys to a new car.
(c) A large check.
(d) A bag of gold.
15. For what reasons would one call legal aid on an exist ramp?
(a) To dissolve a family relationship.
(b) To silence the children.
(c) To remove anyone who got sick in teh car.
(d) To sue backseat drivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
2. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
3. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
4. For how many meals did Bombeck's son claim to have capacity?
5. What impressed Bombeck most about contestant's knowledge?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)