Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(b) The way trends begin.
(c) The shortness of trends.
(d) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
2. What would amaze Bombeck about the game shows?
(a) The excitement of the winners.
(b) The women's knowledge.
(c) The game show host's cheesiness.
(d) The uniform beauty of the game show assistants.
3. In "Illegal Possession of Junk Food," what would Bombeck sell on a trial basis to trick kids into eating better?
(a) Freshly baked cookies.
(b) Fresh vegetables.
(c) Fresh fruit.
4. What did Bombeck once claim she would be if she did not emphasize the truthfulness in recounting her son's bad habits?
(a) A liar.
(b) A terrible mother.
(c) A traitor to women.
(d) An irresponsible writer.
5. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
6. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A new car.
(c) A set of furniture.
(d) An all-expenses paid vacation.
7. What sort of shoes did Bombeck find particularly painful?
(a) Platform shoes.
(b) Open-toed high heels.
(d) Gogo boots.
8. What did Bombeck cite as being a problem with "The Star Spangled Banner?"
(a) Too many people deviate from the melody when singing it before a ballgame.
(b) The melody could hurt nonprofessional singers.
(c) The song is too long.
(d) Too many people do not know the words.
9. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(c) Italian Lira.
10. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) He pretended all of their vacation photos were ruined.
(b) He pretended to take a picture of her hips.
(c) He pretended to lose their film.
(d) He pretended to take a picture of her first thing in the morning.
11. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Brechtian theater.
(b) Fuel formula.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Pop psychology.
12. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(b) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
(c) She was growing tired of the pattern.
(d) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
13. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
14. At the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently," where had one of Bombeck's children crashed a car?
(a) The garage door.
(b) Their other car.
(c) The neighbor's mailbox.
(d) The tree in their front yard.
15. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(b) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
(c) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(d) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
Short Answer Questions
1. When must a game show contestant "stay on [their] feet?"
2. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
3. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
4. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
5. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)