|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(d) Italian Lira.
2. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
(a) A mother no longer knows their children best.
(b) They will soon break free.
(c) They will never come home again.
(d) They will not need to rely exclusively on you anymore.
3. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(b) The shortness of trends.
(c) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(d) The way trends begin.
4. What were Bombeck's friends' opinions on game shows?
(a) They gambled on them.
(b) They were obsessed with them.
(c) They used them to learn new facts.
(d) They believed they were bad you.
5. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(b) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
(c) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
(d) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
6. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
(a) Dryer lint trap.
(b) Her husband's wallet.
(c) Bottom of her son's bookbag.
(d) Trash can.
7. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(a) Hair curlers.
(b) False eyelashes.
8. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Destroying her husband's camera.
(b) Refusing mugshots.
(c) Running a red light.
(d) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
9. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
10. What did Bombeck discover about her son's return to school in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) He was using the note to get her signature for something else.
(b) He forgot about the note, showing it was not necessary.
(c) He had been expelled.
(d) He had decided to switch schools without telling her.
11. What joke did Bombeck's husband once play on her in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) He pretended to take a picture of her hips.
(b) He pretended to take a picture of her first thing in the morning.
(c) He pretended to lose their film.
(d) He pretended all of their vacation photos were ruined.
12. Which of the following is not a fad listed by Bombed as trends that she knew would soon go away?
(a) Pierced ears.
(b) Tube dress.
(c) Faux Asian apparel.
(d) High-waisted pants.
13. What did Bombeck's son cite specifically as being an article of clothing he wears several times before washing it?
(a) His baseball jersey.
(b) His gym socks.
(c) His lucky underwear.
(d) His baseball hat.
14. Where would the winning contestant's trip take them in Bombeck's game show scenario?
(a) Rome, New York.
(b) Paris, Texas.
(c) Venice, Illinois.
(d) Rome, Italy.
15. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's child need in order to come home from college in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
2. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
3. In Bombeck's son's example of his mother's lessons in logic, what would prevent a child from not being allowed to go to the store?
4. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
5. How did Bombeck sarcastically refer to the restaurant they walked into in "The Right to Declare War?"
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)