|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) All cameras should subtract twenty pounds.
(b) A camera should shut off automatically when it falls into the hands of a child.
(c) The developers should throw away any unflattering pictures.
(d) There is a limit as to who could use a camera.
2. Where did Bombeck find the dried French fry in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) Her son's binder.
(b) Her son's saxophone case.
(c) Her son's backpack.
(d) Her son's shoestrings to his gym shoes.
3. How many people did Bombeck cite as being necessary for driving a shopping cart?
4. Of what would Bombeck find remnants of in handbags from her mother?
(c) False eyelashes.
(d) Hair curlers.
5. Where did Bombeck feel particularly self-conscious in "Constitutionality of Drive-in Windows?"
6. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) Running a red light.
(b) Destroying her husband's camera.
(c) Punishing her husband for pushing her too far after his camera prank.
(d) Refusing mugshots.
7. What did Bombeck once note about the features of a shopping cart?
(a) The steering was off.
(b) It had no brakes.
(c) One wheel was always loose.
(d) The basket was too small.
8. Ultimately, why would Bombeck's winner in her game show scenario have been disqualified?
(a) Losing too much money.
(b) Winning after the show's daily runtime.
(d) Overshooting their bet.
9. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The shortness of trends.
(b) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
(c) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(d) The way trends begin.
10. What was the name of Bombeck's son's paper?
(a) "Why My Mother Gave Me Independence."
(b) "Why My Mother Is The Funniest Person I Know."
(c) "Why My Mother Loves Me."
(d) "Things My Mother Taught Me."
11. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
12. Why did Bombeck dislike several fashion trends?
(a) They were mostly for teenagers.
(b) They cheapened the fashion of an earlier decade.
(c) Her measurements are not proportional.
(d) She was too short.
13. In the theoretical game show scenario, what would the winning currency be?
(c) Italian Lira.
14. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
(a) Trash can.
(b) Dryer lint trap.
(c) Bottom of her son's bookbag.
(d) Her husband's wallet.
15. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) New girlfriend.
(b) Mooching best friend.
(c) Football teammates.
(d) Surfer friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck predict as being the future of game show contestants?
2. According to "Are Family Vacations Legal," what was illegal in forty-seven states?
3. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
4. When did Bombeck's son begin to believe that he was unappreciated by everyone?
5. What did Bombeck cite as being a problem with "The Star Spangled Banner?"
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)