|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
(a) Leave their town.
(b) Find a career that makes him happy.
(d) Graduate college.
2. In "Kissing By Mutual Ratification," what is not one of the items listed as object for which a person should watch?
3. What was Bombeck's example of a typical topic on a game show?
(a) Brechtian theater.
(b) Pop psychology.
(c) Current Senators.
(d) Fuel formula.
4. What law did Bombeck decide should exist in "Register Camera Nuts?"
(a) All cameras should subtract twenty pounds.
(b) There is a limit as to who could use a camera.
(c) The developers should throw away any unflattering pictures.
(d) A camera should shut off automatically when it falls into the hands of a child.
5. To what does Bombeck compare children in "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Toy boats.
6. In "Joe Carter's Jubilance and Excitement Seminar," how many aspects of decorum were listed?
7. For what reasons did Bombeck tear a strip of wallpaper down in "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health?"
(a) She was growing tired of the pattern.
(b) She could not find paper and needed to write a note for her son.
(c) She needed to find its match at the local hardware store.
(d) She was afraid that she had accidentally covered a treasured wall drawing from her child.
8. What did Bombeck believe a baby should be allowed to decide?
(a) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be passed around at parties.
(b) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want a playdate.
(c) The baby should be allowed to decide whether to eat baby food.
(d) The baby should be allowed to decide whether they want to be dressed up all of the time.
9. In Bombeck's analogy for children, why is their success bittersweet?
(a) A mother no longer knows their children best.
(b) They will never come home again.
(c) They will not need to rely exclusively on you anymore.
(d) They will soon break free.
10. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
(a) Dryer lint trap.
(b) Trash can.
(c) Her husband's wallet.
(d) Bottom of her son's bookbag.
11. Per the aspect of decorum, how must a winning contestant act when they win a car?
12. From what months did Bombeck claim to always be cold?
(a) November until March.
(b) September until December.
(c) May until September.
(d) July until October.
13. What was Jackie's husband's response when asked what the most embarrassing moment of their wedding had been?
(a) He said it was when he fell going down the aisle.
(b) He said it was when their children arrived.
(c) He said it was when he accidentally grabbed her breast.
(d) He said it was when he said, "I do."
14. In "Fashions and Fads that Underwhelmed Me," what aspect of fashion trends did Bombeck discuss?
(a) The shortness of trends.
(b) The tendencies of trends to repeat.
(c) The way trends begin.
(d) The disdain to those carrying on past trends.
15. Who was Bombeck's son bringing home at the end of "How to Speak Child Fluently?"
(a) Surfer friends.
(b) Football teammates.
(c) New girlfriend.
(d) Mooching best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what offense would Bombeck not be convicted, according to "Register Camera Nuts?"
2. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
3. How did Bombeck sarcastically refer to the restaurant they walked into in "The Right to Declare War?"
4. What sort of shoes did Bombeck find particularly painful?
5. In Bombeck's imagined game show scenario, what would the woman initially win?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)