|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(b) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(c) It would have needed cleaner air.
(d) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
2. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(a) Tin cans.
(b) Aerosol spray cans.
3. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
(a) She did not like having a ball stored in her bra.
(b) She needed both hands for tennis.
(c) She did not have enough room in her tennis panties.
(d) She was never able to talk her child into being in charge of the tennis balls.
4. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
(a) Her children were never in trouble.
(b) She never had to deal with her neglectful husband.
(c) She was able to get out of the house once in awhile.
(d) Her children always kept the house perfectly clean and had their homework done every night.
5. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
(a) Carol Channing.
(b) Liza Minnelli.
(c) Lucille Ball.
(d) Lauren Bacall.
6. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(c) Knowledge of the sport.
7. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
(a) To annoy his wife.
(b) To stay awake.
(c) To scare off the burglars.
(d) To compete with the neighbors.
8. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) Not taking out the garbage.
(b) Not putting gas in the car.
(c) Running late.
(d) Talking back to the radio.
9. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
(b) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(c) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(d) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
10. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
11. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) The opening credits.
(b) The movie trailers.
(c) The new couple's first date.
(d) The murder victim before the victim's death.
12. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her eyebrows.
(d) Her knees.
13. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress during "Have a Good Day"?
(a) She sprayed room deoderizer under her arm.
(b) She drank all of her wine.
(c) She bought a pound of cannabis.
(d) She opened every tin can in the house and served the collected food as a casserole.
14. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
(a) His decision to sacrifice his marriage for his children.
(b) His ability to relieve his wife's depression.
(c) His ability to discipline his children from across the country.
(d) His dedication to his career.
15. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(b) Cooking gourmet food every night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
2. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
4. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
5. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)