|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
(a) He would rupture a neck vein.
(b) He would get in the car and go eat at a restaurant.
(c) He would walk into the house and grab a beer before anything else.
(d) He would go back to work.
2. According to Bombeck's list of guidelines that determine whether a child should call their parent at work, the amount of what substance ought to be evaluated to constitute an emergency?
3. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(d) Morality play.
4. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) A coffee boycott.
(b) Her attempts to switch from coffee to tea.
(c) The surgeon general's misleading warning about caffeine.
(d) Her attempts to wean herself off of coffee.
5. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(c) Knowledge of the sport.
6. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
(a) Football game.
(b) School picture day.
(c) School social.
(d) Last day of school.
7. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
(a) Where their sibling was hiding.
(b) When their friend was coming over.
(c) Whether anyone would like liver for dinner.
(d) When their homework was due.
8. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
9. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(a) Aerosol spray cans.
(c) Tin cans.
10. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(a) Table manners.
(d) Literary habits.
11. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(d) Cooking gourmet food every night.
12. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
(a) Absent Father of Last Decade.
(b) Father of the Decade.
(c) Husband of the Month.
(d) Father and Martyr.
13. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
(a) Liza Minnelli.
(b) Lucille Ball.
(c) Lauren Bacall.
(d) Carol Channing.
14. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe parents are clueless.
(b) Children believe that their parents like working.
(c) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
15. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(b) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(c) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
(d) She raised ten children on her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
2. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
3. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
4. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
5. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)