|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
2. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Letting the parents know about important school events.
(b) Turning in homework assignments.
(c) Returning library books.
(d) Being on time for curfew.
3. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her brothers.
(c) Her best friend's sons.
(d) Her husband.
4. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe that their parents like working.
(b) Children believe parents are clueless.
(c) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
5. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Her wedding anniversary.
6. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
(a) His decision to sacrifice his marriage for his children.
(b) His dedication to his career.
(c) His ability to relieve his wife's depression.
(d) His ability to discipline his children from across the country.
7. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(b) Aerosol spray cans.
(d) Tin cans.
8. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
(b) Mother of the Month.
(c) Mother of the Year.
(d) Mother Maryress.
9. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
(a) They never learned how to mow the grass.
(b) They never cleaned out the attic.
(c) They never appreciated her cooking.
(d) Their inability to change the toilet paper roll.
10. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(a) Knowledge of the sport.
11. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
12. What did Bombeck attempt to recite in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV series?" that ended up not being funny?
(a) Oscar Wilde monologues.
(d) Children's jokes.
13. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
14. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
(b) Taunting the server.
(c) Rushing around a served ball.
(d) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
15. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) The surgeon general's misleading warning about caffeine.
(b) Her attempts to wean herself off of coffee.
(c) Her attempts to switch from coffee to tea.
(d) A coffee boycott.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
2. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
3. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
4. According to Bombeck's mother, why did she name her daughter "Erma"?
5. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)