|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Listening to her.
(b) Table manners.
(c) Taking messages on the phone.
(d) Basic household chores.
2. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
3. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(b) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
(c) Taking away allowances.
(d) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
4. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
(a) Whether anyone would like liver for dinner.
(b) Where their sibling was hiding.
(c) When their friend was coming over.
(d) When their homework was due.
5. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) They did not know what qualified as a dressing nicely.
(b) They did now know that they were all wearing boy's clothes.
(c) They did not know that their summer clothes were hand-me-downs.
(d) They did not know that nudity was not a choice.
6. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
(a) Rinsing the vegetables before consumption.
(b) Understanding that they must wash their hands after handling raw meat.
(c) Eating enough vegetables.
(d) Putting the food in the pan when it was time to heat it up.
7. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(b) She raised ten children on her own.
(c) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(d) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
8. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
9. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
(a) She was able to get out of the house once in awhile.
(b) Her children were never in trouble.
(c) Her children always kept the house perfectly clean and had their homework done every night.
(d) She never had to deal with her neglectful husband.
10. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(c) Morality play.
11. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
(b) Rushing around a served ball.
(c) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
(d) Taunting the server.
12. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
(a) She preferred to do household chores while pretending to be in a sitcom.
(b) Her family was not funny.
(c) Watching TV was not a bonding experience for her family.
(d) Her family preferred books over television.
13. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move into their own apartment.
(b) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(c) Move to England.
(d) Move to New York City.
14. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(a) Knowledge of the sport.
15. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
(a) Complaints about the other kids.
(b) A list of phone messages from the previous week.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) A torn up living room because of the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
2. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
3. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
4. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
5. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)