|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Household chores.
(c) Dentist appointments.
(d) Bathroom breaks.
2. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(c) Morality play.
3. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
4. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(b) The positive side of constantly travelling.
(c) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
(d) The downside to being away from one's family.
5. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) Mother of the Year.
(b) Mother Maryress.
(c) Mother of the Month.
(d) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
6. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
(b) Exercising the mind.
(c) Escaping reality.
(d) Living the better life.
7. Why were operations discouraged in "Primer for the Imaginative Children?"
(a) The operations cost the company too much money.
(b) The employee was hired in complete condition and, thus, must stay that way.
(c) Too many people were using superfluous operations as an excuse for a vacation.
(d) Employers no longer believed in surgery.
8. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
(a) Her name.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her wedding anniversary.
9. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her furnace.
(b) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
(c) Her bathtub.
(d) The heat of her underarms.
10. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
(a) When their friend was coming over.
(b) Where their sibling was hiding.
(c) Whether anyone would like liver for dinner.
(d) When their homework was due.
11. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(c) Table manners.
(d) Literary habits.
12. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
(a) Absent Father of Last Decade.
(b) Husband of the Month.
(c) Father and Martyr.
(d) Father of the Decade.
13. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(b) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(c) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
(d) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
14. What did Bombeck attempt to recite in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV series?" that ended up not being funny?
(a) Oscar Wilde monologues.
(b) Children's jokes.
15. How did Bombeck feel about the magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) She felt as if she did not measure up.
(b) She felt disturbed by the working woman's robotic tone.
(c) She felt enraged by the author's assumptions about women.
(d) She felt inspired by the article.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
2. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
3. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
4. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
5. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)