|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
(a) Problems with the tape wrapped around the tennis handle.
(b) Retying a shoe.
(c) A sudden muscle cramp.
(d) Claiming dehydration.
2. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
(a) Husband of the Month.
(b) Father and Martyr.
(c) Absent Father of Last Decade.
(d) Father of the Decade.
3. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Letting the parents know about important school events.
(b) Returning library books.
(c) Being on time for curfew.
(d) Turning in homework assignments.
4. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
(a) Being too strict on the kids.
(b) Ignoring his family.
(c) Intentionally making a mess when he was home.
(d) Cheating on her.
5. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) A leaky Goodyear blimp.
(b) A muffler with a hole.
(c) A train in a tunnel.
(d) A rock concert.
6. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Bleached her black clothing.
(b) Shaved her tongue.
(c) Buttered her hand.
(d) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
7. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Bathroom breaks.
(b) Dentist appointments.
(c) Household chores.
8. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
(a) A bad cook.
(b) A total gossip.
(c) A worrier.
(d) A natural born leader.
9. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Taking away allowances.
(b) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
(c) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(d) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
10. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) They did not know that their summer clothes were hand-me-downs.
(b) They did now know that they were all wearing boy's clothes.
(c) They did not know that nudity was not a choice.
(d) They did not know what qualified as a dressing nicely.
11. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
(a) To annoy his wife.
(b) To stay awake.
(c) To compete with the neighbors.
(d) To scare off the burglars.
12. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) The leg of their tennis panties.
(b) Their weaker hand.
(c) Their bra.
(d) Their ball-handler.
13. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
(a) She was never able to talk her child into being in charge of the tennis balls.
(b) She did not have enough room in her tennis panties.
(c) She needed both hands for tennis.
(d) She did not like having a ball stored in her bra.
14. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
(b) Her furnace.
(c) The heat of her underarms.
(d) Her bathtub.
15. According to Bombeck's list of guidelines that determine whether a child should call their parent at work, the amount of what substance ought to be evaluated to constitute an emergency?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
2. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
3. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
4. According to Bombeck in "Primer for Imaginative Children," what can food from the refrigerator not do?
5. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)