|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Rushing around a served ball.
(b) Taunting the server.
(c) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
(d) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
2. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
3. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
(a) School picture day.
(b) School social.
(c) Football game.
(d) Last day of school.
4. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Household chores.
(b) Dentist appointments.
(d) Bathroom breaks.
5. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
6. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(c) Cooking gourmet food every night.
7. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
(b) Her bathtub.
(c) Her furnace.
(d) The heat of her underarms.
8. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Table manners.
(b) Listening to her.
(c) Basic household chores.
(d) Taking messages on the phone.
9. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
(a) Putting the food in the pan when it was time to heat it up.
(b) Eating enough vegetables.
(c) Understanding that they must wash their hands after handling raw meat.
(d) Rinsing the vegetables before consumption.
10. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) The movie trailers.
(b) The opening credits.
(c) The new couple's first date.
(d) The murder victim before the victim's death.
11. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) Their ball-handler.
(b) Their bra.
(c) Their weaker hand.
(d) The leg of their tennis panties.
12. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(b) It would have needed cleaner air.
(c) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(d) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
13. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Taking away allowances.
(b) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(c) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
(d) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
14. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
(a) Wine had no health benefits.
(b) Pantyhose would be bad for you.
(c) Lettuce was fattening.
(d) Exercise decreased one's lifespan.
15. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
(c) Having children.
(d) Going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
2. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
3. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
4. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
5. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)