|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary genre is "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(c) Morality play.
2. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
(a) Allow her to write a column about his customers.
(b) Offer her lower prices on meat.
(c) Give her lessons in properly preparing chicken for pasta.
(d) Visit her house to evaluate what she did wrong in cooking a roast.
3. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress during "Have a Good Day"?
(a) She bought a pound of cannabis.
(b) She opened every tin can in the house and served the collected food as a casserole.
(c) She drank all of her wine.
(d) She sprayed room deoderizer under her arm.
4. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Buttered her hand.
(b) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
(c) Bleached her black clothing.
(d) Shaved her tongue.
5. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
(a) She accidentally insulted his profession.
(b) She was afraid that he was about to quit the butcher shop.
(c) She found that he sells special cuts of meat to his favorite customers.
(d) The price of meat went up.
6. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(b) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
(c) The positive side of constantly travelling.
(d) The downside to being away from one's family.
7. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Returning library books.
(b) Being on time for curfew.
(c) Turning in homework assignments.
(d) Letting the parents know about important school events.
8. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(a) Cooking gourmet food every night.
9. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
(a) She was fortunate that her husband was always out-of-town.
(b) She had every right to try to divorce her husband for negligence.
(c) She complained too much about being busy.
(d) She was being taken advantage of by her family.
10. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
(a) Liza Minnelli.
(b) Lauren Bacall.
(c) Lucille Ball.
(d) Carol Channing.
11. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
12. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
(b) Rushing around a served ball.
(c) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
(d) Taunting the server.
13. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
(a) Cooking lessons.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) A low price on good cuts of meat.
(d) Motorcycle lessons.
14. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
15. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe parents are clueless.
(b) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(c) Children believe that their parents like working.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
2. To what question was "I. Dontcare" the response?
3. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
4. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
5. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)