|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Buttered her hand.
(b) Shaved her tongue.
(c) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
(d) Bleached her black clothing.
2. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
(b) Mother of the Year.
(c) Mother Maryress.
(d) Mother of the Month.
3. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
(b) Going to church.
(c) Having children.
4. What does Bombeck claim is the purpose of "If Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, What Am I Doing in the Pits?"
(a) Exercising the mind.
(b) Living the better life.
(d) Escaping reality.
5. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
(a) Motorcycle lessons.
(b) An apprenticeship.
(c) A low price on good cuts of meat.
(d) Cooking lessons.
6. What was Bombeck's reaction to her daughter's announcement about the bill in Congress during "Have a Good Day"?
(a) She opened every tin can in the house and served the collected food as a casserole.
(b) She sprayed room deoderizer under her arm.
(c) She drank all of her wine.
(d) She bought a pound of cannabis.
7. What was Bombeck unable to secure for her family in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A playgroup.
(d) A babysitter.
8. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Taunting the server.
(b) Rushing around a served ball.
(c) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
(d) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
9. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
(b) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(c) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(d) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
10. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Being on time for curfew.
(b) Turning in homework assignments.
(c) Letting the parents know about important school events.
(d) Returning library books.
11. According to Bombeck in "Primer for Imaginative Children," what can food from the refrigerator not do?
(a) Fulfill all nutritional requirements for the day.
(b) Put itself away.
(c) Cook itself to the children's specifications.
(d) Act as an excuse for a child's forgetfulness.
12. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(a) Cooking gourmet food every night.
13. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(b) The positive side of constantly travelling.
(c) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
(d) The downside to being away from one's family.
14. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Taking messages on the phone.
(b) Table manners.
(c) Basic household chores.
(d) Listening to her.
15. How did Bombeck claim to use to help thaw out pork chops?
(a) Her bathtub.
(b) Her furnace.
(c) The heat of her underarms.
(d) Her windowsill in the sunroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
2. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
3. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
4. According to Bombeck's list of guidelines that determine whether a child should call their parent at work, the amount of what substance ought to be evaluated to constitute an emergency?
5. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)