|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what was the only reason a man would snore?
(a) To stay awake.
(b) To annoy his wife.
(c) To compete with the neighbors.
(d) To scare off the burglars.
2. What name did Bombeck's mother use that was closest to her actual name in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
3. Who is Bombeck's focus in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) Her brothers.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her best friend's sons.
4. What was Bombeck's final pet peeve with her husband in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) Not taking out the garbage.
(b) Running late.
(c) Not putting gas in the car.
(d) Talking back to the radio.
5. For what reasons did people believe Lorraine Suggs had the perfect life?
(a) She never had to deal with her neglectful husband.
(b) She was able to get out of the house once in awhile.
(c) Her children always kept the house perfectly clean and had their homework done every night.
(d) Her children were never in trouble.
6. Who was "I. Dontcare?"
(a) The title of a children's book.
(b) Her son's homework assignment.
(c) I. Dunno's brother.
(d) Her daughter's imaginary friend.
7. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Turning in homework assignments.
(b) Letting the parents know about important school events.
(c) Being on time for curfew.
(d) Returning library books.
8. Why did Bombeck begin to brown-nose her butcher?
(a) She was afraid that he was about to quit the butcher shop.
(b) She found that he sells special cuts of meat to his favorite customers.
(c) She accidentally insulted his profession.
(d) The price of meat went up.
9. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
(a) Their names.
(b) Their teachers.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their ages.
10. Why was a doctor's appointment no longer an excusable absence at work?
(a) The employee needed to keep their health insurance costs down.
(b) If the person is well enough to go the doctor, they are well enough to work.
(c) The office could not confirm if the employee had a doctor's appointment.
(d) The employee can only leave for doctor's appointments for the children.
11. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) The daily weather.
(b) A spoiled kid.
(c) The dog.
(d) Their homework assignments.
12. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Dentist appointments.
(c) Household chores.
(d) Bathroom breaks.
13. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
14. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) Their weaker hand.
(b) The leg of their tennis panties.
(c) Their ball-handler.
(d) Their bra.
15. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
(a) School social.
(b) School picture day.
(c) Last day of school.
(d) Football game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
2. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
3. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
4. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
5. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)