|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(b) Literary habits.
(d) Table manners.
2. According to Bombeck, what could her mother never get right about her, despite her status as an only child?
(a) Her wedding anniversary.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her birthday.
3. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
4. What was Bombeck never able to see in a movie because of her husband's bad habit in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
(a) The movie trailers.
(b) The new couple's first date.
(c) The opening credits.
(d) The murder victim before the victim's death.
5. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
6. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Shaved her tongue.
(b) Buttered her hand.
(c) Bleached her black clothing.
(d) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
7. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Dentist appointments.
(c) Bathroom breaks.
(d) Household chores.
8. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
(a) His ability to discipline his children from across the country.
(b) His ability to relieve his wife's depression.
(c) His decision to sacrifice his marriage for his children.
(d) His dedication to his career.
9. According to a magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what was the career woman's job?
10. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to England.
(b) Move into their own apartment.
(c) Move to New York City.
(d) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
11. What did Bombeck attempt to recite in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV series?" that ended up not being funny?
(c) Children's jokes.
(d) Oscar Wilde monologues.
12. What was better than backhand, according to Bombeck's tennis advice?
(a) Claiming a line foul after the ball was served.
(b) Taunting the server.
(c) Letting the ball go out of bounds.
(d) Rushing around a served ball.
13. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
(b) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(c) She raised ten children on her own.
(d) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
14. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her knees.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her eyebrows.
15. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Her retirement.
(b) Her elopement with Cary Grant.
(c) Her decision to move to Paris.
(d) Her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
2. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
3. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
4. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
5. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)