|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Who Killed Apple Pie?," what does Bombeck discuss as being no longer fulfilling for women?
(a) Going to church.
(d) Having children.
2. According to her daughter's announcement, what was about to be made illegal because of a bill in Congress?
(c) Tin cans.
(d) Aerosol spray cans.
3. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
(a) A bad cook.
(b) A total gossip.
(c) A natural born leader.
(d) A worrier.
4. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Bleached her black clothing.
(b) Noticed the drafts caused by her eyelashes.
(c) Shaved her tongue.
(d) Buttered her hand.
5. What was Bombeck unable to secure for her family in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A babysitter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A playgroup.
6. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) Mother of the Month.
(b) Mother of the Year.
(c) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
(d) Mother Maryress.
7. How did Bombeck feel about the magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) She felt as if she did not measure up.
(b) She felt inspired by the article.
(c) She felt enraged by the author's assumptions about women.
(d) She felt disturbed by the working woman's robotic tone.
8. What do Bombeck and her husband wish to do in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
(a) Move to England.
(b) Move to New York City.
(c) Move to a duplex and give their kids the other side on their own.
(d) Move into their own apartment.
9. Who was "I. Dontcare?"
(a) I. Dunno's brother.
(b) Her daughter's imaginary friend.
(c) Her son's homework assignment.
(d) The title of a children's book.
10. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(b) She raised ten children on her own.
(c) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(d) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
11. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
(a) Being on time for curfew.
(b) Returning library books.
(c) Turning in homework assignments.
(d) Letting the parents know about important school events.
12. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Tom Suggs?
(a) Absent Father of Last Decade.
(b) Father and Martyr.
(c) Father of the Decade.
(d) Husband of the Month.
13. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
(a) She had every right to try to divorce her husband for negligence.
(b) She was fortunate that her husband was always out-of-town.
(c) She complained too much about being busy.
(d) She was being taken advantage of by her family.
14. In "The Varicose Open," what would Bombeck not have allowed to grow together?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her eyebrows.
(c) Her legs.
(d) Her knees.
15. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
(a) A torn up living room because of the dog.
(b) A list of phone messages from the previous week.
(c) Complaints about the other kids.
(d) Dirty dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
2. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
3. Which of the following choices did Bombeck's family apparently struggle with when it came to cooking?
4. In "Mother Mystique," what did Bombeck believe was the only way for a mother to survive?
5. What did Bombeck claim her husband sounded like in "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad"?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)