Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(b) Knowledge of the sport.
2. What was Bombeck unable to secure for her family in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) A playgroup.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A babysitter.
3. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
(a) They never cleaned out the attic.
(b) Their inability to change the toilet paper roll.
(c) They never learned how to mow the grass.
(d) They never appreciated her cooking.
4. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
(a) Children believe their mother loves another child more.
(b) Children believe parents are clueless.
(c) Children believe that their parents like working.
(d) Children believe their parents were never wrong.
5. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
6. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Taking away allowances.
(b) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
(c) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(d) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
7. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(b) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
(c) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
(d) She raised ten children on her own.
8. Who was "I. Dunno," according to Bombeck?
(a) Their homework assignments.
(b) The dog.
(c) The daily weather.
(d) A spoiled kid.
9. During "Primer for Imaginative Children," what should children watch out for with their dog?
(a) They must take the dog outside whenever he needs to.
(b) They must remember to feed their dog.
(c) They must make sure the dog does not jump the fence.
(d) They must make sure the dog stays off of the furniture.
10. What did Bombeck's mother ask for in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" when Bombeck puts a halt to all of the action?
11. How did Bombeck feel about the magazine article in "Who Killed Apple Pie?"
(a) She felt enraged by the author's assumptions about women.
(b) She felt inspired by the article.
(c) She felt disturbed by the working woman's robotic tone.
(d) She felt as if she did not measure up.
12. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
(a) Exercise decreased one's lifespan.
(b) Lettuce was fattening.
(c) Wine had no health benefits.
(d) Pantyhose would be bad for you.
13. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
(a) The downside to being away from one's family.
(b) People believed he was thoughtless when going on business trips.
(c) People claimed he had the perfect opportunity to be unfaithful to his wife.
(d) The positive side of constantly travelling.
14. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
(a) Visit her house to evaluate what she did wrong in cooking a roast.
(b) Give her lessons in properly preparing chicken for pasta.
(c) Offer her lower prices on meat.
(d) Allow her to write a column about his customers.
15. Of what did Lorraine Suggs accuse her husband?
(a) Ignoring his family.
(b) Being too strict on the kids.
(c) Cheating on her.
(d) Intentionally making a mess when he was home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
2. When Bombeck noticed that her children's appearances were particularly disheveled one day, what was the occasion?
3. When discussing when a child should call their parent with an emergency at work, what piece of furniture was taken into consideration?
4. What has Bombeck's family not mastered in "Is There Life After Mine?"
5. In "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," what did Bombeck admit to being?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)