|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trends did Bombeck claim she had a hard time accepting fully in "Have a Good Day"?
(d) Cooking gourmet food every night.
2. For what title would Bombeck like to have nominated Lorraine Suggs?
(a) Mother of the Year.
(b) The Thinking Mother's Mother.
(c) Mother of the Month.
(d) Mother Maryress.
3. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
(a) He would walk into the house and grab a beer before anything else.
(b) He would get in the car and go eat at a restaurant.
(c) He would go back to work.
(d) He would rupture a neck vein.
4. In "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?" what exists in order to break up the action of a piece?
(a) Bathroom breaks.
(b) Household chores.
(c) Dentist appointments.
5. Who was "I. Dontcare?"
(a) Her son's homework assignment.
(b) Her daughter's imaginary friend.
(c) The title of a children's book.
(d) I. Dunno's brother.
6. In what event must Bombeck's family use the manual she wrote up in "Is There Life After Mine?"
(a) Her death.
(b) Her elopement with Cary Grant.
(c) Her decision to move to Paris.
(d) Her retirement.
7. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(c) Literary habits.
(d) Table manners.
8. According to Bombeck, what was not necessary for tennis?
(d) Knowledge of the sport.
9. What did Bombeck claim to threaten her children with if they were to have company over while the parents were away?
(a) Taking away allowances.
(b) Forbidding them to get their driver's license.
(c) Grounding in their rooms through the teenage years.
(d) Increasing the household chores to fill their days.
10. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
(a) Their ball-handler.
(b) The leg of their tennis panties.
(c) Their bra.
(d) Their weaker hand.
11. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
(a) They did not know that their summer clothes were hand-me-downs.
(b) They did not know that nudity was not a choice.
(c) They did not know what qualified as a dressing nicely.
(d) They did now know that they were all wearing boy's clothes.
12. When her family mourned Bombeck's imaginary death in "Is There Life After Mine?" what did they regret the most?
(a) They never appreciated her cooking.
(b) They never learned how to mow the grass.
(c) They never cleaned out the attic.
(d) Their inability to change the toilet paper roll.
13. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
(a) Her family preferred books over television.
(b) Her family was not funny.
(c) She preferred to do household chores while pretending to be in a sitcom.
(d) Watching TV was not a bonding experience for her family.
14. What did Bombeck's butcher continually refuse to do?
(a) Give her lessons in properly preparing chicken for pasta.
(b) Visit her house to evaluate what she did wrong in cooking a roast.
(c) Offer her lower prices on meat.
(d) Allow her to write a column about his customers.
15. What did Bombeck claim mothers always have a hard time getting right when it came to their children?
(a) Their names.
(b) Their clothing.
(c) Their ages.
(d) Their teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would drive a mother crazy if the child were to meet that parent at the door with this?
2. According to Bombeck, what do children wrongly believe in "Haven't I Always Loved Whatshisname Best?"
3. What did Bombeck claim people only saw when discussing Tom Suggs and his career?
4. How many children does Bombeck have at the time of "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself?"
5. Which of the following did Bombeck not claim to do as a reaction to the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)