|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 167 - 213.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "How to Speak Child Fluently," how did Bombeck feel about her son's paper?
2. For what reasons did Bombeck want to recognize Lorraine Suggs as a mother?
(a) She took care of her family while her husband was constantly out of town on business.
(b) She raised ten children on her own.
(c) She raised the perfect children, in Bombeck's eyes.
(d) She managed her own business at home, which let her remain a stay-at-home mom.
3. What was Bombeck worried that scientists would discover?
(a) Pantyhose would be bad for you.
(b) Exercise decreased one's lifespan.
(c) Lettuce was fattening.
(d) Wine had no health benefits.
4. What did Bombeck's children claim the adults would have problems managing in "Why Can't We Have Our Own Apartment?"
5. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
(a) His ability to discipline his children from across the country.
(b) His dedication to his career.
(c) His ability to relieve his wife's depression.
(d) His decision to sacrifice his marriage for his children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bombeck find the pencil nub?
2. According to Bombeck, what was notable about using a shopping cart?
3. Where did some women store their second tennis ball?
4. According to "My Turn," what did women frequently lose their chance to do?
5. What is significant about "When Did I Become the Mother and the Mother Become the Child?"
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)