|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 129 - 166.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what event did Bombeck refer to as the "Great Caffeine Drought of 1942?"
(a) Her attempts to wean herself off of coffee.
(b) The surgeon general's misleading warning about caffeine.
(c) A coffee boycott.
(d) Her attempts to switch from coffee to tea.
2. In "If You Thought the Wedding Was Bad," what was the problem not discussed that destroyed marriages?
(a) Literary habits.
(c) Table manners.
3. Why would Bombeck's theoretical winning contestant have been disqualified from the coat?
(a) It gifted to someone else.
(b) It did not match her hair.
(c) It was last year's style.
(d) It would not have been in her size.
4. According to "White Socks in a Pantyhose World," why would the research rat have died of a heart attack?
(a) It would have ridden in the car with a teenager who had earned his learner's permit.
(b) It would have needed cleaner air.
(c) It would have played dress-up with the children.
(d) It would have had to deal with the noise level of the average household.
5. What is the name of the little girl about whom Bombeck speaks in "Mother Mystique"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Bombeck claim to have discovered as her clothing designer?
2. When "[staggering] the IRS men", what would a winning game show contestant be carrying?
3. What realization did Bombeck have in "Why Can't Our Average Little Family Get Their Own TV Series?"
4. What was I.Dunno incapable of doing on time?
5. What famous actress did Bombeck claim to worry about going bald?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)