|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 87 - 128.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did most people tell Lorraine Suggs about her situation with her family?
(a) She had every right to try to divorce her husband for negligence.
(b) She was being taken advantage of by her family.
(c) She complained too much about being busy.
(d) She was fortunate that her husband was always out-of-town.
2. According to Bombeck, after driving the mother crazy, what would happen to the father if a child were to meet them at the door after work?
(a) He would go back to work.
(b) He would rupture a neck vein.
(c) He would get in the car and go eat at a restaurant.
(d) He would walk into the house and grab a beer before anything else.
3. What does Bombeck worry her son will never do?
(b) Find a career that makes him happy.
(c) Graduate college.
(d) Leave their town.
4. What was the best way to stall in tennis by Bombeck's standards?
(a) Problems with the tape wrapped around the tennis handle.
(b) Claiming dehydration.
(c) A sudden muscle cramp.
(d) Retying a shoe.
5. What did Bombeck cite as something that should never be considered "an act of war?"
(a) A baby splashing water on an adult.
(b) A baby waking up the parents by crying.
(c) A baby spitting up on one's shoulder.
(d) A baby throwing food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bombeck claim to be unable to store a second tennis ball like other women?
2. What were children still unaware of, according to Bombeck, in "At What Age Is a Child Capable of Dressing Himself"?
3. In "Warning: Families May Be Dangerous To Your Health," what did Bombeck's son need to return to school?
4. What did Bombeck's butcher begin to offer her in "Have a Good Day?"
5. Why did Bombeck want to recognize Tom Suggs in her column?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)