|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Adam say Mia was infused with the spirit of when she kissed him after his set on Halloween of her junior year?
2. Mia equates Adam's plot to sneak into the ICU ward as being taken straight from what movie?
3. Who is the cello player that Kim points out to Mia in the Nirvana song "Something in the Way"?
4. What song did they close Kerry's funeral with?
5. What band t-shirt did Mia wear for Halloween in her junior year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gramps tell Mia in the ICU that feels like a blessing to her? Why does she feel this way?
2. How is Adam's plot involving costumes from the supply closet met by Kim and by Mia?
3. Who is Mr. Dunlap and what is his role in the novel?
4. What is the reason that Mia enters a medical crisis at 10:40 p.m.?
5. How does Mia describe Kerry Gifford's character?
6. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
7. How is the setting of Franklin Valley Conservatory described?
8. Why is Adam prevented from seeing Mia when he arrives at the hospital? How does he respond?
9. Why does Adam's plan to see Mia fail?
10. Why did Henry and Mia's father have a huge falling out when Teddy was born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the circumstances that enable the car accident that Mia is injured by? Why is Mia's family driving on the day of the accident? Where are they going? With whom do they collide? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of grief and loss in If I Stay. Whom does Mia lose in the course of the story? How does Mia cope with those losses? What role do those losses and Mia's grief play in the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the actions, objectives, and obstacles of Adam's attempt to bypass the head nurse and enter the ICU unit. Why does Adam wish to bypass the nurse? How does he go about doing so? Is he successful? Why or why not?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)