|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mia's schoolmate that dropped out to have a baby?
2. What color eyes does Mia describe her father having?
3. Into what genre does Kim consider Adam's band to fall?
4. With whom did Mia's father have a falling out after he left the band?
5. Who did Liz break up with, causing Adam's band to cancel their five-night tour?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gramps tell Mia in the ICU that feels like a blessing to her? Why does she feel this way?
2. Why is Adam prevented from seeing Mia when he arrives at the hospital? How does he respond?
3. Why was Mia's mother upset about Kerry Gifford's funeral?
4. How did Kim respond to the fight between Mia and Adam regarding her?
5. What is the main emotion that Mia describes expressing after her discovery of Teddy's death?
6. How old was Mia when she decided to quit playing cello? Why did she decide to quit?
7. What is the reason that Mia enters a medical crisis at 10:40 p.m.?
8. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
9. How is Great-Aunt Glo's funeral described?
10. What questions does Mia ask herself while sitting in the corner of the ICU after her body has been rushed off to surgery at 10:40 p.m.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the plot structure of If I Stay. Where in the narrative does the exposition transition into the rising action? Where does the climax occur? What is revealed in the novel's falling action and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions, objectives, and obstacles of Adam's attempt to bypass the head nurse and enter the ICU unit. Why does Adam wish to bypass the nurse? How does he go about doing so? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Kim in the novel. For how long have Kim and Mia known one another? How are they alike? How are they different?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)