|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mia say she has been hanging out in an empty hospital room to be away from her family at 7:13 p.m.?
2. What color eyes does Mia describe her father having?
3. What band was Kerry Gifford running the sound for when he died?
4. What did Mia and Adam encounter in Seattle at the train station that made him cry?
5. Who is the other driver that was involved in Mia's accident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
2. What questions does Mia ask herself while sitting in the corner of the ICU after her body has been rushed off to surgery at 10:40 p.m.?
3. How does Mia describe Kerry Gifford's character?
4. What is the reason that Mia enters a medical crisis at 10:40 p.m.?
5. How does Mia describe her experiences at Franklin Valley Conservatory?
6. How did Kim respond to the fight between Mia and Adam regarding her?
7. How old was Mia when she decided to quit playing cello? Why did she decide to quit?
8. What is the main emotion that Mia describes expressing after her discovery of Teddy's death?
9. Why was Mia's mother upset about Kerry Gifford's funeral?
10. Who is Mr. Dunlap and what is his role in the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and discuss the character of Adam Wilde in If I Stay. How old is Adam? How did Adam meet Mia? How would you describe their relationship? What is revealed of Adam's character through his actions in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the actions, objectives, and obstacles of Adam's attempt to bypass the head nurse and enter the ICU unit. Why does Adam wish to bypass the nurse? How does he go about doing so? Is he successful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the character of Mia Hall as the protagonist of If I Stay. How old is Mia? Based on Mia's observations and her actions, how would you define her character? What are Mia's strongest traits? What are her weakest?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)