|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story about a pig did Gramps mention to Mia in the flashback from "2:48 a.m."?
2. Why did Mia not like the service given by the pastor at Kerry's funeral?
3. What band was Kerry Gifford running the sound for when he died?
4. Where did Mia spend most of her time during Adam's set at the club on Halloween in her junior year of high school?
5. Where was Elizabeth accepted to study after high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe her experiences at Franklin Valley Conservatory?
2. Who is Mr. Dunlap and what is his role in the novel?
3. How old was Mia when she decided to quit playing cello? Why did she decide to quit?
4. What is the significance of "Waiting for Vengeance"?
5. What is the main emotion that Mia describes expressing after her discovery of Teddy's death?
6. Where does Mia go to search for Teddy at 10:40 p.m.? Why?
7. What does Gramps tell Mia in the ICU that feels like a blessing to her? Why does she feel this way?
8. What is the reason that Mia enters a medical crisis at 10:40 p.m.?
9. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
10. Why did Mia once have an emotional fight with Adam about Kim?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mia describe her first date with Adam? Where did they go? How old were they? What did Mia think about the event?
Essay Topic 2
What are the circumstances surrounding the car accident in the novel? Who is at fault for the accident? Why does this make a difference? How does the accident factor into the storyline?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the members of Mia's family that arrive to visit her at the hospital after the accident. Who arrives and from where? How does Mia feel about each of these characters? Who comforts her the most? Why?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)