|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Gramps say he did not go to see his son's shows?
2. In what way did Mia's father say that Gramps had exerted pressure on him to change his life?
3. Where did Mia go with Kim when she confessed she was in a relationship with Adam?
4. What game did Mia end up playing with her father after he had discovered her singing his song?
5. Where does Mia say she has been hanging out in an empty hospital room to be away from her family at 7:13 p.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe her experiences at Franklin Valley Conservatory?
2. Why did Henry and Mia's father have a huge falling out when Teddy was born?
3. Why does Brooke Vega come to the hospital?
4. How is the setting of Franklin Valley Conservatory described?
5. Why was Mia's mother upset about Kerry Gifford's funeral?
6. Who is Brooke Vega? How is she described?
7. What is the significance of "Waiting for Vengeance"?
8. How does Mia describe Kerry Gifford's character?
9. What does Gramps tell Mia in the ICU that feels like a blessing to her? Why does she feel this way?
10. How does Mia respond to Gran's visit in the ICU after her second surgical procedure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the narrative point of view that is employed in If I Stay. Why is this narrative point of view warranted? How would the novel change if related from a different narrative perspective? In what ways does this narrative point of view connect to the story's plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of music in If I Stay. In what ways do the main characters of the story relate to music? How is music responsible for bringing Mia and Adam together? How is it responsible for the tensions later on in their relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of choice in If I Stay. How does the author illustrate this theme through symbolism and imagery? How is the theme developed through character and setting? How central is the theme of choice in the story?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)