|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mia's dad's favorite sport to watch?
2. How old was Mia when Kim sent her a note in class calling her a bitch?
3. What is the name of the band that Adam is in?
4. Who is the lead singer for the band Bikini?
5. How much snow has covered Mia's lawn when she awakens at 7:09 a.m.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia's consciousness transition following the car accident?
2. How does Mia describe her experiences at Adam's shows?
3. How is Mia's character introduced by the author in the opening of the novel? What does the reader learn about Mia in "7:09 a.m."?
4. Where is Mia's body taken after the car accident? Why?
5. How does Mia describe Adam's first visit to meet her parents?
6. What does Kim say to Mia when she visits the hospital chapel?
7. Who does Mia describe in the waiting room at "4:39 p.m."?
8. Where does Mia's family live? How is this setting described?
9. Why is the snowfall significant in If I Stay?
10. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the members of Mia's family that arrive to visit her at the hospital after the accident. Who arrives and from where? How does Mia feel about each of these characters? Who comforts her the most? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the themes of grief and loss in If I Stay. Whom does Mia lose in the course of the story? How does Mia cope with those losses? What role do those losses and Mia's grief play in the plot of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What are the circumstances surrounding the car accident in the novel? Who is at fault for the accident? Why does this make a difference? How does the accident factor into the storyline?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)