|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the lead singer for the band Bikini?
2. What did Mia's father give her after her first recital?
3. What was the first oral discussion on that Mia and Kim were assigned together in English class in middle school?
4. Where was Kim's bat mitzvah held?
5. What does Mia's mother want to listen to on the radio as they set out to visit friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe Adam's first visit to meet her parents?
2. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
3. How would you describe Mia's family? Are they close?
4. How does Mia describe her father's transformation after Teddy's birth?
5. Why is Mia planning to go to Portland on the night of the car accident?
6. How does Mia's consciousness transition following the car accident?
7. What are Mia's parents' professions?
8. How does Mia describe the setting of the ICU?
9. How does Mia describe her first date with Adam?
10. Who does Mia describe in the waiting room at "4:39 p.m."?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mia describe her first date with Adam? Where did they go? How old were they? What did Mia think about the event?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mia's experience on Halloween in her junior year of high school. What did Mia dress as? What did Adam dress as? How are their costumes symbolic? What was monumental for Mia about this occasion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mia's care immediately following the car accident. Where is Mia transported? How? Why is the transported to this setting? What medical procedures does she undergo?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)