|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What musical instrument does Mia play?
2. Where was Mia's family going on vacation when her mother snuck her into a casino?
3. What does Mia's mother cook for breakfast on snow day?
4. Whom does Mia refer to as her parents' patron saint?
5. Who is the retired music teacher from the university that serves as Mia's musical tutor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe the beginning of her friendship with Kim?
2. Why is Mia planning to go to Portland on the night of the car accident?
3. How does Mia describe her father's transformation after Teddy's birth?
4. Who does Mia describe in the waiting room at "4:39 p.m."?
5. How is Mia's character introduced by the author in the opening of the novel? What does the reader learn about Mia in "7:09 a.m."?
6. How does Mia describe Adam's first visit to meet her parents?
7. What are Mia's parents' professions?
8. Where does Mia's family live? How is this setting described?
9. Why is the snowfall significant in If I Stay?
10. How does Mia describe her experiences at Adam's shows?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Mia describe her first date with Adam? Where did they go? How old were they? What did Mia think about the event?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Kim in the novel. For how long have Kim and Mia known one another? How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the passage and the illustrations of time in If I Stay. How does Mia describe the passage of time in the ICU? What does she relate it to? Why?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)