|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Mia and her family load into the car to visit Henry and Willow?
2. How much snow has covered Mia's lawn when she awakens at 7:09 a.m.?
3. What kind of car does Mia's father drive?
4. What does Teddy suggest he and his dad do when it is announced that school is canceled?
5. What did Mia dress up as for halloween during her junior year of high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the nurse mean when she says it is up to Mia?
2. How does Mia describe her first date with Adam?
3. How does Mia describe the beginning of her friendship with Kim?
4. Why is the snowfall significant in If I Stay?
5. How is Mia's character introduced by the author in the opening of the novel? What does the reader learn about Mia in "7:09 a.m."?
6. How does Mia describe her father's transformation after Teddy's birth?
7. How does Mia describe her experiences at Adam's shows?
8. What does Mia remark about the social worker telling her grandparents of her condition when they first meet with her?
9. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
10. How would you describe Mia's family? Are they close?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the character of Kim in the novel. For how long have Kim and Mia known one another? How are they alike? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mia's experience on Halloween in her junior year of high school. What did Mia dress as? What did Adam dress as? How are their costumes symbolic? What was monumental for Mia about this occasion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the narrative point of view that is employed in If I Stay. Why is this narrative point of view warranted? How would the novel change if related from a different narrative perspective? In what ways does this narrative point of view connect to the story's plot?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)