|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Gramps tell Mia that her father did when he was about ten years old?
(a) He worked at a factory.
(b) He delivered pizzas.
(c) He fixed bicycles.
(d) He wrote stories.
2. In what hospital ward is Mia's body at 2:48 a.m.?
(a) The morgue.
(b) The ICU.
(c) The pediatric unit.
(d) The operating room.
3. What color does Mia describe Brooke Vega's hair as being?
4. What band t-shirt did Mia wear for Halloween in her junior year?
(a) The Beatles.
(b) The Doors.
(c) The Ramones.
(d) Sonic Youth.
5. From what illness did Great-Aunt Glo die?
(a) Cervical cancer.
(b) Lung cancer.
(d) Acute pancreatitis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mia flee to search for Teddy at 10:40 p.m.?
2. What was Gramps doing when Mia asked him whether he liked her dad's new clothes?
3. Who is the cello player that Kim points out to Mia in the Nirvana song "Something in the Way"?
4. How old was Mia's father when he got a learner's permit to drive?
5. What did Mia and Adam encounter in Seattle at the train station that made him cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Mia when she decided to quit playing cello? Why did she decide to quit?
2. How is Adam's plot involving costumes from the supply closet met by Kim and by Mia?
3. Why does Adam's plan to see Mia fail?
4. How would you compare Mia with her mother?
5. How is the setting of Franklin Valley Conservatory described?
6. How is Great-Aunt Glo's funeral described?
7. What questions does Mia ask herself while sitting in the corner of the ICU after her body has been rushed off to surgery at 10:40 p.m.?
8. What is the reason that Mia enters a medical crisis at 10:40 p.m.?
9. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
10. Why did Mia once have an emotional fight with Adam about Kim?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)