|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mia spend most of her time during Adam's set at the club on Halloween in her junior year of high school?
(a) In the mosh pit.
(b) On the balcony.
(d) In the back corner of the dance floor.
2. What surgery does Mia undergo upon arrival at the hospital?
(a) Frontal lobotomy.
(b) Arm amputation.
(d) Leg amputation.
3. Who is Mia's cousin that wears a bright orange jacket for hiking in the woods?
4. What kind of bird does Gran say she saw on her walk when she visits Mia?
(a) A crossbill.
(b) A steller's jay.
(c) A hawk.
(d) An eagle.
5. Who was Mia's schoolmate that dropped out to have a baby?
(a) Brooke Vega.
(b) Melanie Farrow.
(c) Kim Schein.
(d) Kat Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel did Gramps say students would be lucky to read with his son?
2. About how many students attended the music summer camp that Mia went to?
3. What movie does Mia recall Adam crying while watching?
4. How does Mia compare her music to her dad's music?
5. Who is the tall lanky red-haired guy that played cello at Mia's summer camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Henry and Mia's father have a huge falling out when Teddy was born?
2. What does Gramps tell Mia in the ICU that feels like a blessing to her? Why does she feel this way?
3. What questions does Mia ask herself while sitting in the corner of the ICU after her body has been rushed off to surgery at 10:40 p.m.?
4. Where does Mia go to search for Teddy at 10:40 p.m.? Why?
5. Who convinced Mia to not give up playing cello? How?
6. How is Great-Aunt Glo's funeral described?
7. How is Adam's plot involving costumes from the supply closet met by Kim and by Mia?
8. How does Mia describe Kerry Gifford's character?
9. Why does Adam's plan to see Mia fail?
10. How does Mia describe her experiences at Franklin Valley Conservatory?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)