|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the retired music teacher from the university that serves as Mia's musical tutor?
(a) Professor Ross.
(b) Professor Kimble.
(c) Professor Christie.
(d) Professor Mitchum.
2. What do Mia and her brother call their mom's stepfather?
(a) Papa Greg.
(b) Papa John.
(c) Papa Craig.
(d) Papa Richard.
3. What musical instrument does Mia play?
4. What did Mia's father give her after her first recital?
(a) A piano.
(b) A harp.
(c) A cello.
(d) A bass.
5. What attraction in New York did Mia most want to see when she was nine?
(a) Times Square.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) The Lucille Lortel Theater.
(d) Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what narrative point of view is If I Stay related?
2. Where does Mia's mom suggest they stop on the way home after their visit to see Henry and Willow?
3. Kim once told Mia that her people can fight with the best of them, but with what?
4. How old has Teddy just turned at the beginning of the narrative?
5. What does Mia's mother want to listen to on the radio as they set out to visit friends?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia's consciousness transition following the car accident?
2. How would you describe Mia's family? Are they close?
3. Why is Mia planning to go to Portland on the night of the car accident?
4. Why is the snowfall significant in If I Stay?
5. How is If I Say structured? How are the different sections of the novel delineated?
6. How does Mia describe Adam's first visit to meet her parents?
7. Where does Mia's family live? How is this setting described?
8. How does Mia describe her first date with Adam?
9. How is Mia's character introduced by the author in the opening of the novel? What does the reader learn about Mia in "7:09 a.m."?
10. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)