|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mia?
2. What did Mia dress up as for halloween during her junior year of high school?
(a) A genie.
(b) A punk rocker.
(c) A witch.
(d) A ballet dancer.
3. Mia's mother told her that the word "bitch" is just another word for what?
(c) Tough woman.
4. What does Mia say the smell of pipe tobacco reminds her of?
(a) Grandparents and mothballs.
(b) Winters and woodstoves.
(c) Nursing homes.
(d) Bars and diners.
5. What was the first oral discussion on that Mia and Kim were assigned together in English class in middle school?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) Animal Farm.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) A Farewell to Arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mia's best friend?
2. How much money did Adam spend on his Halloween costume in Mia's junior year of high school?
3. What does Gran refer to deer as?
4. How old was Mia when she played in her first recital?
5. What products does Kim's dad's company produce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kim say to Mia when she visits the hospital chapel?
2. How does Mia describe the beginning of her friendship with Kim?
3. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
4. How would you describe Mia's family? Are they close?
5. How does Mia describe the setting of the ICU?
6. Why is Mia planning to go to Portland on the night of the car accident?
7. What does Mia remark about the social worker telling her grandparents of her condition when they first meet with her?
8. How does Mia describe Kim's arrival at the hospital in "4:39 p.m."?
9. Where is Mia's body taken after the car accident? Why?
10. What does the nurse mean when she says it is up to Mia?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)