|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kim once told Mia that her people can fight with the best of them, but with what?
2. What does Mia's mother cook for breakfast on snow day?
(c) Biscuits and gravy.
(d) Scrambled eggs and bacon.
3. What does Teddy suggest he and his dad do when it is announced that school is canceled?
(a) Make a snowman.
(b) Go hunting.
(c) Go fishing.
(d) Go four-wheeling.
4. What is Mia's favorite dish that her father makes?
(a) Roast goose.
(b) Salt roast.
(d) Roast chicken.
5. How does Kim always wear her hair?
(a) Long and loose.
(b) In a braid.
(c) In ponytails.
(d) Cut short.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mia's best friend?
2. What products does Kim's dad's company produce?
3. Where is the Jewish sleepaway camp that Kim goes to every summer?
4. For how long were Mia's parents married before Mia's mother became pregnant?
5. What instrument did Mia's father play in a band?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe Adam's first visit to meet her parents?
2. How is If I Say structured? How are the different sections of the novel delineated?
3. Why is Mia planning to go to Portland on the night of the car accident?
4. How does Mia's consciousness transition following the car accident?
5. How does Mia describe her experiences at Adam's shows?
6. What did Mia and Adam dress up as for Halloween in Mia's junior year? Where did they go?
7. How does Mia describe her first date with Adam?
8. Where is Mia's body taken after the car accident? Why?
9. What does Mia remark about the social worker telling her grandparents of her condition when they first meet with her?
10. How does Mia compare the casino to the ICU?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)