|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mia's average grade in school?
(a) Straight C's.
(b) Straight B's.
(c) Straight D's.
(d) Straight A's.
2. Where was Mia's family going on vacation when her mother snuck her into a casino?
(a) Crater Lake.
(b) Lake Helen.
(c) Everglades National Park.
(d) Yosemite National Park.
3. How old has Teddy just turned at the beginning of the narrative?
4. What nickname does Gramps call Mia when he first talks to her at the hospital?
5. Where does Mia's father suggest they stop for an early dinner on their way home from Henry and Willow's?
(a) Gran and Gramp's'.
(b) Burger King.
(c) The Fat Trout Cafe.
(d) Aunt Emma's Diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mia's best friend?
2. What did Mia's schoolmates refer to her and Adam as when they had been dating for six months?
3. Where did Yo-Yo Ma perform when Adam took Mia to see him?
4. Who is Mia's aunt who is the first to arrive to see her at the hospital?
5. What attraction in New York did Mia most want to see when she was nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mia describe Kim's arrival at the hospital in "4:39 p.m."?
2. How does Mia describe the first weeks when she and Adam became an item?
3. What does Kim say to Mia when she visits the hospital chapel?
4. How is If I Say structured? How are the different sections of the novel delineated?
5. How does Mia describe her father's transformation after Teddy's birth?
6. How does Mia describe the setting of the ICU?
7. How does Mia describe her first date with Adam?
8. What does Mia remark about the social worker telling her grandparents of her condition when they first meet with her?
9. Where is Mia's body taken after the car accident? Why?
10. How does Mia describe the beginning of her friendship with Kim?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)