|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment did Mia have when Adam decorated her windowsill with flowers every day for a week?
(a) The flu.
(b) Chicken pox.
(d) The mumps.
2. Who was Mia's schoolmate that dropped out to have a baby?
(a) Kim Schein.
(b) Brooke Vega.
(c) Melanie Farrow.
(d) Kat Hall.
3. What was Mia doing when her dad caught her singing a song he wrote?
(a) Making breakfast.
(b) Vacuuming the living room.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Serenading Teddy.
4. How does Mia compare her music to her dad's music?
(a) Mia's music is more emphatic.
(b) Mia's music is more electric.
(c) Mia's music is more solitary.
(d) Mia's music is more social.
5. Mia equates Adam's plot to sneak into the ICU ward as being taken straight from what movie?
(a) Ocean's Eleven.
(b) The Fugitive.
(c) The Getaway.
(d) Run Lola Run.
6. What band played the song "Girlfriend in a Coma"?
(a) The Cure.
(b) The Ramones.
(c) The Kinks.
(d) The Smiths.
7. What does Gran tell Mia her cousin Matthew has recently bought?
(a) A Jeep.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A house.
8. Where did Mia go with Kim when she confessed she was in a relationship with Adam?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A park.
(d) A cemetery.
9. How old was Mia when her father changed his wardrobe?
10. What movie does Mia recall Adam crying while watching?
(a) It's a Wonderful Life.
(b) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MInd.
(d) To Have and Have Not.
11. Who does Gran say the thought the bird was on her walk when she visits Mia?
(a) Grandma Sally.
(b) Great-Aunt Glo.
(c) Grampa Marks.
(d) Uncle Jimmy.
12. What story about a pig did Gramps mention to Mia in the flashback from "2:48 a.m."?
(a) The Sun Also Rises.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) Charlotte's Web.
(d) The Lord of the Flies.
13. Who is Mia's cousin that wears a bright orange jacket for hiking in the woods?
14. What grade was Mia in when she decided that maybe she would stop playing cello?
(a) Seventh grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
15. Where is the musical summer camp located that Kim suggested Mia attend?
(a) British Columbia.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the other driver that was involved in Mia's accident?
2. What game did Mia's father first ask her to play with him after he discovered her singing his song?
3. Why did Mia not like the service given by the pastor at Kerry's funeral?
4. How does Mia describe the pants she wore for Halloween in her junior year of high school?
5. What novel did Gramps say students would be lucky to read with his son?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)