|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the cello player that Kim points out to Mia in the Nirvana song "Something in the Way"?
(a) Melanie Farrow.
(b) Lori Goldston.
(c) Pamela Stuart.
(d) Brooke Vega.
2. What surgery does Mia undergo upon arrival at the hospital?
(a) Frontal lobotomy.
(b) Leg amputation.
(d) Arm amputation.
3. Who is Mia's cousin that wears a bright orange jacket for hiking in the woods?
4. Who was Mia's schoolmate that dropped out to have a baby?
(a) Kat Hall.
(b) Brooke Vega.
(c) Kim Schein.
(d) Melanie Farrow.
5. What grade was Mia in when she decided that maybe she would stop playing cello?
(a) Ninth grade.
(b) Eighth grade.
(c) Seventh grade.
(d) Sixth grade.
6. Where did Mia spend most of her time during Adam's set at the club on Halloween in her junior year of high school?
(a) On the balcony.
(c) In the mosh pit.
(d) In the back corner of the dance floor.
7. How old was Mia's father when he got a learner's permit to drive?
8. What does Gran tell Mia her cousin Matthew has recently bought?
(a) A convertible.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A house.
(d) A Jeep.
9. What movie does Mia recall Adam crying while watching?
(b) To Have and Have Not.
(c) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless MInd.
(d) It's a Wonderful Life.
10. How long did it take Kim to convince her mother to let her go on a helicopter ride?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
11. What game did Mia's father first ask her to play with him after he discovered her singing his song?
(d) Shoots and Ladders.
12. What color did Mia's mother streak the blond wig with that Mia wore for Halloween?
13. Where did Kim tell Mia she wanted to live and have normal parents after Mia's fight with Adam?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York City.
(c) Miami Beach.
(d) Los Angeles.
14. How old was Kerry Gifford when he died?
15. What song by her father's band does Mia describe having listened to over and over again until she memorized the lyrics?
(a) "Sucking Blood."
(b) "Tomorrow's Yesterday."
(c) "Waiting for Vengeance."
(d) "Fighting for Life."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elizabeth accepted to study after high school?
2. About how many students attended the music summer camp that Mia went to?
3. What did Mia and Adam encounter in Seattle at the train station that made him cry?
4. From what illness did Mia's trombonist friend from band camp die?
5. Who did Liz break up with, causing Adam's band to cancel their five-night tour?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)