|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mia's dad's favorite sport to play?
2. How old was Mia's mother when she became pregnant with Mia?
3. What does Teddy want to listen to as the family sets out to visit friends?
(a) Pop music.
(b) SpongeBob SquarePants.
(c) Classical music.
4. How old is Mia?
5. What does Mia's mother want to listen to on the radio as they set out to visit friends?
(a) Heavy metal.
(b) Classical music.
(c) Pop music.
6. What job did Adam have when Mia was in her junior year of high school?
(a) Burger joint clerk.
(c) Coffee shop barista.
(d) Pizza delivery person.
7. What does Kim want to be when she grows up?
(a) A photographer.
(b) A dancer.
(c) An author.
(d) A painter.
8. How old was Mia when she played in her first recital?
9. What was the first oral discussion on that Mia and Kim were assigned together in English class in middle school?
(a) Charlotte's Web.
(b) Animal Farm.
(c) A Farewell to Arms.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
10. What does Mia say the smell of pipe tobacco reminds her of?
(a) Nursing homes.
(b) Bars and diners.
(c) Grandparents and mothballs.
(d) Winters and woodstoves.
11. Where does Mia keep her collection of classical records?
(a) Under her bed.
(b) In her closet.
(c) In a case over the bed.
(d) On a shelf.
12. What is Mia's aunt doing when the social worker comes to talk to the family at 4:47 p.m.?
(c) A crossword puzzle.
(d) A Sudoku puzzle.
13. How old has Teddy just turned at the beginning of the narrative?
14. How does Kim always wear her hair?
(a) Cut short.
(b) In a braid.
(c) Long and loose.
(d) In ponytails.
15. For how long has Mia been playing the musical instrument she plays?
(a) Almost 10 years.
(b) Almost 15 years.
(c) Almost 6 years.
(d) Almost 3 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mia's father suggest they stop for an early dinner on their way home from Henry and Willow's?
2. Whom does Mia refer to as her parents' patron saint?
3. What is Mia's average grade in school?
4. How much money did Adam spend on his Halloween costume in Mia's junior year of high school?
5. For what school has Mia recently auditioned?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)