|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mia unable to practice her musical instrument on the morning of the accident?
(a) Because it is broken.
(b) Because she needs an accompanist.
(c) Because she left it at school.
(d) Because she broke her hand.
2. For how long has Mia been playing the musical instrument she plays?
(a) Almost 15 years.
(b) Almost 3 years.
(c) Almost 6 years.
(d) Almost 10 years.
3. Who is Mia's aunt who is the first to arrive to see her at the hospital?
4. Where does Mia keep her collection of classical records?
(a) In a case over the bed.
(b) In her closet.
(c) On a shelf.
(d) Under her bed.
5. What does Mia say the smell of pipe tobacco reminds her of?
(a) Winters and woodstoves.
(b) Grandparents and mothballs.
(c) Nursing homes.
(d) Bars and diners.
6. What is Kim's last name?
7. For how long were Mia's parents married before Mia's mother became pregnant?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
8. Where is the Jewish sleepaway camp that Kim goes to every summer?
(a) New Jersey.
(c) New York.
9. How fast is the vehicle going that collides with Mia's family's car?
(a) 40 mph.
(b) 70 mph.
(c) 60 mph.
(d) 50 mph.
10. From what narrative point of view is If I Stay related?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Second person.
(d) Fourth person.
11. Where does Henry have a makeshift office for his internet work?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a barn.
(d) In an attic.
12. Where was Gramps a medic during wartime?
13. What do Mia and her brother call their mom's stepfather?
(a) Papa Richard.
(b) Papa Craig.
(c) Papa John.
(d) Papa Greg.
14. Where did Yo-Yo Ma perform when Adam took Mia to see him?
(a) The Arlene Schnitzer Hall.
(b) The Beethoven Hall.
(c) The Lucille Lortel Hall.
(d) The Mason Gross Hall.
15. Where does Mia's mom suggest they stop on the way home after their visit to see Henry and Willow?
(a) Barnes and Noble.
(b) Cafe Brazil.
(d) Cafe Americana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kim want to be when she grows up?
2. Mia's mother told her that the word "bitch" is just another word for what?
3. What musical instrument does Mia play?
4. How old has Teddy just turned at the beginning of the narrative?
5. Who is the retired music teacher from the university that serves as Mia's musical tutor?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)