|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Brien sleep?
2. Which of the following describes how the scout feels about going on the march with the soldiers?
3. How many times is the base attacked while O'Brien works there?
4. What do the women of the camp spend their days doing?
5. Which of the following is not a synonym for the term lament?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing which event in the story struck you as being the most horrible and why. How does this event compare to any event in your own life which you had previously considered horrible? Describe how levels of horror may change throughout one's life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining why O'Brien continued his friendship with Erik throughout his tour. Then add a portion explaining why or why not you believe this friendship would continue. Do you think O'Brien would want to be your friend? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how the Vietnamese people must have felt about Americans during the war, especially those that were on the same side as the Americans. What lead the Vietnamese people to feel this way? Do you believe their feelings were justified? How would you feel in the same situation?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)