Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best synonym for treacherous as used in the following sentence?
The coral reefs and sandy beaches are a treacherous paradise.
2. How do the prisoners sleep?
3. Which emotion term best describes how the scout feels after leaving the Captain and being refused leave?
4. What new job does O'Brien finally earn at the end of August?
5. Which of the following ways is not one of the ways O'Brien and Bates get through the holidays?
Write a biography of O'Brien's time in Vietnam. Why was O'Brien opposed to the Vietnam war? How did his feelings change? In what ways did they remain the same?
Write a letter to a congressman penned by O'Brien after he returned to America from his tour in Vietnam. Be sure to include his strong feelings, beliefs and reasons behind these beliefs and feelings.
Choose two characters from the novel and write a comparative essay about these two characters using information from the novel as the basis for your comparison. At the end of your comparison, choose one of the characters which you feel you are most like and why you believe that is the case.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)