|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Major receive for his part in the My Lai massacre?
2. Which of the following physical signs of stress can be seen in Major Callicles?
3. What is O'Brien's dream war job?
4. In which part of her body had she been shot?
5. How does O'Brien feel in chapter thirteen?
Essay Topic 1
Write a letter to a congressman penned by O'Brien after he returned to America from his tour in Vietnam. Be sure to include his strong feelings, beliefs and reasons behind these beliefs and feelings.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about why O'Brien went through most of Vietnam feeling alone and isolated when he was surrounded by people. Should he have felt alone? Do you think O'Brien isolated himself, events isolated him, or his peers isolated him? Why do you feel that way?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Captain Johansan as the leader of Alpha Company as if he had remained throughout all of O'Brien's tour in Vietnam. Do you think some of the actions that the members of Alpha Company did after he had left would still have happened if Captain Johansan had stayed? Why or why not?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)