|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Short hair cut
(b) Deprived of something
(c) Closely guarded
2. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(a) Spent marching in formation
(d) Spent sweeping villages
3. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Advanced training center
(b) Air warfare center
(c) Combat Center
(d) Landing Strip
4. Why do the Vietnamese boys follow the soldiers?
(a) Watch and report to the Viet Cong
(b) Get candy
(c) To clean weapons
(d) Monitor locations
5. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
6. In what branch of the military does O'Brien serve?
(d) Air Force
7. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(c) Viet Cong
8. Which of the following was not one of O'Brien's common high school activities?
(a) Pep rallies
(c) Dates at drive-in movies
(d) Performing in plays
9. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
10. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) As if they were being chased
(b) Like mad men
(c) Carefully and quietly
(d) So silently that he missed their exit
11. With whom must any soldier who wishes to meet with the battalion commander meet with prior to being allowed to meet with the battalion commander?
(a) Commander's secretary
(b) Drill sergeant
(c) Morale officer
12. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(a) High from drugs
(d) Spend time with a prostitute
13. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
14. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
(a) In constant turmoil
Short Answer Questions
1. What does humping mean in military lingo?
2. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
3. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
4. With what is O'Brien ill?
5. With whom does O'Brien request a meeting?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)