|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
(c) Ice skating
2. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(b) Into the forest
(c) Dive to the ground with no cover
(d) Scatter into abandoned homes
3. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(d) Missing a limb
4. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(a) Drill sergeant
(c) Battalion commander
5. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
6. In what branch of the military does O'Brien serve?
(b) Air Force
7. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
(b) Take cover
(c) Hide in foxholes
(d) Organize themselves to counter attack
8. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
(a) It is too far away
(b) It needs to end quickly
(c) It is right
(d) It is wrong
9. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(b) Viet Cong
10. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
11. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) Like mad men
(b) As if they were being chased
(c) So silently that he missed their exit
(d) Carefully and quietly
12. After the attack on which village does O'Brien lose a buddy?
(a) My Lai
(c) My Khe
(d) Long Binh
13. On which peninsula does chapter eleven occur?
(d) My Lai
14. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(a) Killing his first man
(b) Gets lost in the jungle
(d) Bivouacked on a trail
15. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(a) Inability to be courageous
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom must any soldier who wishes to meet with the battalion commander meet with prior to being allowed to meet with the battalion commander?
2. What does humping mean in military lingo?
3. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
4. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
5. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)