|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does O'Brien say is the only place that Alpha Companies friendships are deep?
(a) When someone is killed
(b) While on R&R
(c) While marching
2. What does O'Brien help Alpha company do the day after the nighttime attack?
(a) Hunt for those that attacked them
(b) Gather the bodies of the dead
(c) Surprise the Viet Cong
(d) Search for mines
3. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
(a) Middle of the winter
(b) Beginning of the spring
(c) End of the summer
(d) End of the fall
4. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(c) Mentally Ill
(d) Mentally compromised
5. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
6. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
(b) A place to sleep
7. How do the soldiers feel about the jungle?
8. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
(a) Organize themselves to counter attack
(b) Hide in foxholes
(c) Take cover
9. Which term best describes how O'Brien's basic training went?
(b) Time consuming
10. What type of training does O'Brien have to go through after he leaves basic training?
(a) Advanced Infantry Training
(b) None, he is sent over seas
(c) Advanced Shooting School
(d) Advanced Basic Training
11. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) O'Brien himself
(b) The draft board
(c) His mother
(d) His father
12. In which of the following states did O'Brien complete his basic training?
13. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(a) Battalion commander
(b) Drill sergeant
14. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
15. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) Like mad men
(b) Carefully and quietly
(c) So silently that he missed their exit
(d) As if they were being chased
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
2. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
3. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
4. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
5. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)