|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
(b) Past Regression
2. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(b) Inability to be courageous
3. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
4. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
5. With whom must any soldier who wishes to meet with the battalion commander meet with prior to being allowed to meet with the battalion commander?
(a) Morale officer
(b) Commander's secretary
(d) Drill sergeant
6. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
7. In what way does O'Brien classify himself?
(a) War expert
(b) Foot soldier
(d) Teacher of war lessons
8. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
9. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
10. What is different about chapter ten than the others?
(a) It is only one scene
(b) It was not written by O'Brien
(c) It shows the most compassion
(d) It is the longest
11. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(c) Missing a limb
12. Which of the following was not an accurate description, according to O'Brien, of the men who make up Alpha company?
(a) Curse wildly
(b) Lost all manners
(c) Lost all sense of proper human interpersonal communication
13. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
14. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
(b) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(c) Buff and wax the floor
(d) Practice shooting
15. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
(a) War methods and techniques
(c) Service to his country
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
2. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
3. In which state was O'Brien raised?
4. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
5. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)