|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
2. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Deprived of something
(c) Closely guarded
(d) Short hair cut
3. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
(a) 5 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 4 years
4. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Air warfare center
(b) Combat Center
(c) Advanced training center
(d) Landing Strip
5. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
6. How do the soldiers feel about the jungle?
7. What does the term ingratiate mean?
(a) Respond to
(b) Move away from
(c) Curry favor
8. What does humping mean in military lingo?
9. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
(a) It is right
(b) It needs to end quickly
(c) It is too far away
(d) It is wrong
10. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(a) Enemy waged
(c) Weapon malfunction
(d) Misaimed weapon
11. Which of the following was not an accurate description, according to O'Brien, of the men who make up Alpha company?
(a) Lost all sense of proper human interpersonal communication
(b) Curse wildly
(c) Lost all manners
12. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(b) Battalion commander
(d) Drill sergeant
13. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
(a) LZ Gator
(b) Ho Chi Min
(c) Chu Lai
(d) Cam Ranh Bay
14. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
(a) Pure infuriation
(b) Open antagonism
(c) Ongoing resentment
(d) Barely concealed anger
15. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
(c) A place to sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vietnamese boys follow the soldiers?
2. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
3. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
4. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
5. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)