|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
2. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(b) Missing a limb
3. What does O'Brien learn about his military future at the beginning of chapter six?
(a) O'Brien learns that he will be able to get out of the military
(b) O'Brien learns that he will be sent to the foxholes of Vietnam
(c) O'Brien learns he will not be sent to Vietnam
(d) O'Brien learns he is an excellent shot
4. Which of the following is a term used to describe a hand grenade?
5. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
6. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(b) Mentally compromised
(d) Mentally Ill
7. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
8. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(b) Battalion commander
(c) Drill sergeant
9. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
10. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(a) Viet Cong
11. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) Long Binh
(c) Chu Lai
12. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
13. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
(a) Poor hygiene
(b) Moral struggle
(c) Afraid of dying
(d) Inadequate training
14. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
15. Which of the following is the best definition for insurgent?
(a) A soldier
(b) An uprising
(c) A person who revels in the pain of others
(d) A person who rebels against authority
Short Answer Questions
1. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
2. What game do O'Brien and Captain Johansen play?
3. Which of the following is the name of O'Brien's only friend during basic training?
4. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
5. What is located in Chu Lai?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)