|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the soldiers feel about the jungle?
2. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
3. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
4. Which of the following was not one of O'Brien's common high school activities?
(a) Dates at drive-in movies
(b) Performing in plays
(c) Pep rallies
5. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
6. Why do the Vietnamese boys follow the soldiers?
(a) Monitor locations
(b) To clean weapons
(c) Get candy
(d) Watch and report to the Viet Cong
7. What does O'Brien hide behind?
(a) Beer kegs
(b) Other men from the company
(c) His tent
(d) Ammunition storage
8. What does O'Brien help Alpha company do the day after the nighttime attack?
(a) Search for mines
(b) Surprise the Viet Cong
(c) Hunt for those that attacked them
(d) Gather the bodies of the dead
9. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
(c) Service to his country
(d) War methods and techniques
10. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
(a) Starlight scope
(b) Foxhole shovel
(c) Explosive ordinance
(d) New trail pack
11. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
(a) Out of ammunition
(b) Loss of a limb
(c) 5-6 months left in Vietnam
(d) Injured but not incapacitated
12. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) Dive to the ground with no cover
(b) Into the forest
(c) Scatter into abandoned homes
13. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
14. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(a) Drill sergeant
(c) Battalion commander
15. What type of narration is this chapter?
(b) First Person
(d) Third Person
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
2. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
5. What game do O'Brien and Captain Johansen play?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)