|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(b) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
(c) Buff and wax the floor
(d) Practice shooting
2. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
(a) Ongoing resentment
(b) Barely concealed anger
(c) Open antagonism
(d) Pure infuriation
3. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
4. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
5. In what year does chapter three take place?
6. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(b) High from drugs
(c) Spend time with a prostitute
7. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
(a) Explosive ordinance
(b) Starlight scope
(c) Foxhole shovel
(d) New trail pack
8. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
(a) 3 years
(b) 5 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 2 years
9. In what branch of the military does O'Brien serve?
(d) Air Force
10. Where is Alpha Company when O'Brien arrives?
(a) On a mission
(b) Gathering dead bodies
(c) Unaccounted for
(d) Having recreation time
11. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(d) Viet Cong
12. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
(a) Love of God
(b) Moral dilemma
(c) Underage drinking
(d) State versus individual rights
13. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) The draft board
(b) His father
(c) O'Brien himself
(d) His mother
14. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
(c) Cold war
(d) Baby boom
15. What is the most frightening mission for the soldiers?
(a) Clearing underground tunnels
(b) Coming face-to-face with an insurgent
(c) Walking through the forest
(d) Searching empty villages
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
2. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
3. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
4. Who warned Alpha Company of an incoming explosive ordinance?
5. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)