|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
2. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
3. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
4. Who does O'Brien want to write like when he leaves Vietnam?
5. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
(a) 5 years
(b) 2 years
(c) 3 years
(d) 4 years
6. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
(a) Explosive ordinance
(b) New trail pack
(c) Starlight scope
(d) Foxhole shovel
7. Which of the following is the best definition for insurgent?
(a) A person who rebels against authority
(b) An uprising
(c) A person who revels in the pain of others
(d) A soldier
8. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
9. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(a) Inability to be courageous
10. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
11. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(d) Missing a limb
12. Who leads the march in chapter nine?
(c) Captain Johansen
(d) Mad Mark
13. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
(a) It needs to end quickly
(b) It is wrong
(c) It is right
(d) It is too far away
14. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
(b) Practice shooting
(c) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(d) Buff and wax the floor
15. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Closely guarded
(c) Deprived of something
(d) Short hair cut
Short Answer Questions
1. Which term best describes how O'Brien's basic training went?
2. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
3. What do the soldiers decide to do when they discover a tunnel in a village rather than sending a soldier down?
4. What is different about chapter ten than the others?
5. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)