|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
2. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(b) No one
(c) Other soldiers
(d) Little boys
3. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
(b) Past Regression
4. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Closely guarded
(b) Short hair cut
(d) Deprived of something
5. Which of the following terms does Blyton call Erik when he voices his opposition to the war?
6. Which of the following is the name of O'Brien's only friend during basic training?
7. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
8. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
9. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
(a) Chu Lai
(b) Cam Ranh Bay
(c) Ho Chi Min
(d) LZ Gator
10. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(b) Misaimed weapon
(c) Enemy waged
(d) Weapon malfunction
11. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
12. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) Scatter into abandoned homes
(b) Into the forest
(c) Dive to the ground with no cover
13. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Combat Center
(b) Landing Strip
(c) Air warfare center
(d) Advanced training center
14. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
15. With whom does O'Brien request a meeting?
(a) Drill sergeant
(b) Battalion commander
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
2. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
3. Who leads the march in chapter nine?
4. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
5. What does O'Brien develop an interest in during high school?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)