|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(a) Misaimed weapon
(c) Weapon malfunction
(d) Enemy waged
2. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
3. What type of training does O'Brien have to go through after he leaves basic training?
(a) Advanced Infantry Training
(b) Advanced Shooting School
(c) Advanced Basic Training
(d) None, he is sent over seas
4. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
5. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
6. Where does O'Brien's plane land in Vietnam?
(a) Cam Ranh Bay
(b) LZ Gator
(c) Ho Chi Min
(d) Chu Lai
7. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
8. Which of the following is the best definition for insurgent?
(a) A person who rebels against authority
(b) An uprising
(c) A soldier
(d) A person who revels in the pain of others
9. In which of the following states did O'Brien complete his basic training?
10. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
(b) Past Regression
11. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Combat Center
(b) Air warfare center
(c) Advanced training center
(d) Landing Strip
12. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
(a) It is in the future
(b) It is in the past
(c) It stays in the present
(d) It is after he is discharged from the military
13. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
14. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
(a) Explosive ordinance
(b) Foxhole shovel
(c) New trail pack
(d) Starlight scope
15. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(d) Viet Cong
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
2. With whom must any soldier who wishes to meet with the battalion commander meet with prior to being allowed to meet with the battalion commander?
3. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
4. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
5. Where did O'Brien meet a Vietnamese student who was also a Viet Cong officer?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)