|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
2. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
(a) Mount Shasta
(b) St. Thomas
(c) Mount Rainier
(d) Pike's Peak
3. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
4. Who warned Alpha Company of an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) No one
(b) A Lieutenant
5. Which of the following is the name of O'Brien's only friend during basic training?
6. In what year does chapter three take place?
7. Which of the following terms does Blyton call Erik when he voices his opposition to the war?
8. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(b) Enemy waged
(c) Misaimed weapon
(d) Weapon malfunction
9. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
10. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(b) Spend time with a prostitute
(c) High from drugs
11. Which of the following best describes the weather during Chapter four?
(a) Humid and Rainy
(b) Humid and dry
(c) Extreme heat and dry
(d) Wet and cold
12. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(a) Spent sweeping villages
(d) Spent marching in formation
13. From which area are the insurgents?
(b) North Vietnam
(c) South Vietnam
14. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
(b) Ice skating
15. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(b) Mentally Ill
(d) Mentally compromised
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about O'Brien's parents?
2. Who leads the march in chapter nine?
3. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
4. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
5. On which peninsula does chapter eleven occur?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)