|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a new piece of equipment the soldiers break out in Chapter Four?
(a) Starlight scope
(b) Explosive ordinance
(c) New trail pack
(d) Foxhole shovel
2. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
3. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
4. Which of the following was not an accurate description, according to O'Brien, of the men who make up Alpha company?
(b) Curse wildly
(c) Lost all sense of proper human interpersonal communication
(d) Lost all manners
5. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(b) Viet Cong
6. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(a) Killing his first man
(b) Bivouacked on a trail
(c) Gets lost in the jungle
7. From which area are the insurgents?
(b) South Vietnam
(d) North Vietnam
8. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
(a) Turns nose up at
9. Which of the following is not an accurate description of the days in O'Brien's company?
(a) Spent marching in formation
(b) Spent sweeping villages
10. Which term best describes how O'Brien's basic training went?
(a) Time consuming
11. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
(a) Afraid of dying
(b) Poor hygiene
(c) Moral struggle
(d) Inadequate training
12. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
13. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
14. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
15. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) Other soldiers
(b) Little boys
(c) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warned Alpha Company of an incoming explosive ordinance?
2. In what year does chapter three take place?
3. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
4. What does O'Brien hide behind?
5. With whom does O'Brien request a meeting?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)