|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
2. How many attempts does O'Brien make to work through the military hierarchy for guidance and counsel?
3. Which best describes how the soldiers feel about minor shrapnel injuries?
(a) They are sent to a hospital
(c) They seek medic help
4. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
5. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
(d) Turns nose up at
6. With whom must any soldier who wishes to meet with the battalion commander meet with prior to being allowed to meet with the battalion commander?
(a) Morale officer
(b) Commander's secretary
(c) Drill sergeant
7. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
8. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
9. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
(a) Out of ammunition
(b) Injured but not incapacitated
(c) Loss of a limb
(d) 5-6 months left in Vietnam
10. Who does O'Brien want to write like when he leaves Vietnam?
11. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
(a) LZ Gator
(b) Chu Lai
(c) Cam Ranh Bay
(d) Ho Chi Min
12. What type of narration is this chapter?
(b) Third Person
(c) First Person
13. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) Scatter into abandoned homes
(c) Into the forest
(d) Dive to the ground with no cover
14. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
15. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(b) Practice shooting
(c) Buff and wax the floor
(d) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
2. Which term best describes how O'Brien's basic training went?
3. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
4. What is O'Brien's job with Alpha Company?
5. What does O'Brien help Alpha company do the day after the nighttime attack?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)