|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
(a) Beginning of the spring
(b) Middle of the winter
(c) End of the fall
(d) End of the summer
2. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(a) Viet Cong
3. After the attack on which village does O'Brien lose a buddy?
(a) My Khe
(c) Long Binh
(d) My Lai
4. Where does O'Brien's plane land in Vietnam?
(a) Cam Ranh Bay
(b) Chu Lai
(c) Ho Chi Min
(d) LZ Gator
5. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
6. Which of the following best describes the weather during Chapter four?
(a) Extreme heat and dry
(b) Wet and cold
(c) Humid and Rainy
(d) Humid and dry
7. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
8. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
(a) Seems to move
(b) Seems to grow
(c) Seems to swallow up their friends
(d) Seems to be filled with animals
9. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(b) Inability to be courageous
10. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(a) Bivouacked on a trail
(b) Gets lost in the jungle
(d) Killing his first man
11. What does humping mean in military lingo?
12. With what is O'Brien ill?
(a) A cold
13. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
14. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
(d) Inability to be reassured
15. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(b) Long Binh
(c) Batangan Peninsula
(d) Chu Lai
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a term used to describe a hand grenade?
2. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
3. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
4. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
5. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)