|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(a) Scatter into abandoned homes
(b) Dive to the ground with no cover
(c) Into the forest
2. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
3. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(c) Missing a limb
4. What type of narration is this chapter?
(b) First Person
(d) Third Person
5. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
(a) Underage drinking
(b) Moral dilemma
(c) State versus individual rights
(d) Love of God
6. In what year does chapter three take place?
7. What does O'Brien learn about his military future at the beginning of chapter six?
(a) O'Brien learns he will not be sent to Vietnam
(b) O'Brien learns that he will be able to get out of the military
(c) O'Brien learns he is an excellent shot
(d) O'Brien learns that he will be sent to the foxholes of Vietnam
8. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
(a) Seems to be filled with animals
(b) Seems to move
(c) Seems to swallow up their friends
(d) Seems to grow
9. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(b) Gets lost in the jungle
(c) Bivouacked on a trail
(d) Killing his first man
10. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) His father
(b) O'Brien himself
(c) The draft board
(d) His mother
11. Which of the following is the best definition of insanity as used by O'Brien to describe some of his fellow soldiers in chapter four?
(a) Mentally compromised
(b) Mentally Ill
12. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) Carefully and quietly
(b) So silently that he missed their exit
(c) Like mad men
(d) As if they were being chased
13. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Landing Strip
(b) Advanced training center
(c) Air warfare center
(d) Combat Center
14. What type of training does O'Brien have to go through after he leaves basic training?
(a) None, he is sent over seas
(b) Advanced Shooting School
(c) Advanced Infantry Training
(d) Advanced Basic Training
15. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
2. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
3. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
4. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
5. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)