|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does O'Brien want to write like when he leaves Vietnam?
2. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
3. Where do the members of Alpha Company go when faced with an incoming explosive ordinance?
(b) Dive to the ground with no cover
(c) Scatter into abandoned homes
(d) Into the forest
4. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) So silently that he missed their exit
(b) Like mad men
(c) Carefully and quietly
(d) As if they were being chased
5. What does it mean to get wasted to the members of Alpha Company?
(c) Spend time with a prostitute
(d) High from drugs
6. What is O'Brien's job with Alpha Company?
(a) Simply foot soldier
(c) Operating the radio
7. From which area are the insurgents?
(a) South Vietnam
(d) North Vietnam
8. What is the most frightening mission for the soldiers?
(a) Walking through the forest
(b) Clearing underground tunnels
(c) Searching empty villages
(d) Coming face-to-face with an insurgent
9. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(b) Short hair cut
(c) Deprived of something
(d) Closely guarded
10. How many attempts does O'Brien make to work through the military hierarchy for guidance and counsel?
11. Why do the Vietnamese boys follow the soldiers?
(a) Watch and report to the Viet Cong
(b) To clean weapons
(c) Monitor locations
(d) Get candy
12. What task does the squad leader make the squad do?
(a) Practice shooting
(b) Follow around drill sergeant Blyton around
(c) Buff and wax the floor
(d) Clean the urinals with their toothbrushes
13. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
14. What seems to happen to the jungle as the soldiers stare at it into the darkness?
(a) Seems to grow
(b) Seems to swallow up their friends
(c) Seems to be filled with animals
(d) Seems to move
15. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does O'Brien classify himself?
2. Which of the following is a synonym for the term raucous as it is used to describe the bus ride to basic training?
3. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
4. With what is O'Brien ill?
5. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)