|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
2. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) No one
(b) Other soldiers
(c) Little boys
3. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
4. What do the soldiers decide to do when they discover a tunnel in a village rather than sending a soldier down?
(a) Ignore it and move on to another village
(b) Shoot their guns into the tunnel
(c) Throw grenades into the tunnel
(d) Send a villager into the tunnel
5. How does O'Brien describe the look in the girls' eyes who were selling Cokes?
(a) Pure infuriation
(b) Open antagonism
(c) Ongoing resentment
(d) Barely concealed anger
6. What does O'Brien hide behind?
(a) Ammunition storage
(b) Other men from the company
(c) Beer kegs
(d) His tent
7. How many attempts does O'Brien make to work through the military hierarchy for guidance and counsel?
8. What is the name of the lake which O'Brien likes to ride around?
9. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
(a) Moral dilemma
(b) Love of God
(c) Underage drinking
(d) State versus individual rights
10. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
11. Which of the following does O'Brien use to describe the way Alpha company came out of the jungle?
(a) So silently that he missed their exit
(b) As if they were being chased
(c) Like mad men
(d) Carefully and quietly
12. Which of the following is true about O'Brien's parents?
(a) They were both veterans
(b) They both died when O'Brien was very young
(c) They were both currently in the military
(d) They both protested the war
13. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
(c) Ice skating
14. Which person with whom O'Brien meets to share his opposition to the war curses regularly?
(b) Battalion commander
(c) Drill sergeant
15. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did O'Brien meet a Vietnamese student who was also a Viet Cong officer?
2. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
3. What is located in Chu Lai?
4. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
5. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)