|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
2. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Advanced training center
(b) Landing Strip
(c) Combat Center
(d) Air warfare center
3. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
4. What does O'Brien struggle with throughout the summer?
(a) Moral dilemma
(b) Love of God
(c) State versus individual rights
(d) Underage drinking
5. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
6. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
7. What does it mean to the members of Alpha Company to be getting short?
(a) 5-6 months left in Vietnam
(b) Injured but not incapacitated
(c) Out of ammunition
(d) Loss of a limb
8. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
9. Which of the following best describes what O'Brien is afraid of?
(c) Inability to be courageous
10. Which person with whom O'Brien meets seems more interested in dandruff than his views on the war?
(a) Drill sergeant
(b) Battalion commander
11. Which of the following best describes the weather during Chapter four?
(a) Extreme heat and dry
(b) Humid and dry
(c) Wet and cold
(d) Humid and Rainy
12. Who leads the march in chapter nine?
(c) Captain Johansen
(d) Mad Mark
13. Which of the following was not one of O'Brien's common high school activities?
(a) Performing in plays
(b) Dates at drive-in movies
(d) Pep rallies
14. Which of the following terms best describes how O'Brien feels during basic training?
15. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(a) Missing a limb
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Erik sign up for at the end of basic training?
2. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
3. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
5. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)