|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
(a) In constant turmoil
2. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
3. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
4. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common summer activities?
5. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
(a) LZ Gator
(b) Ho Chi Min
(c) Cam Ranh Bay
(d) Chu Lai
6. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
7. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(a) Killing his first man
(c) Bivouacked on a trail
(d) Gets lost in the jungle
8. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(b) Batangan Peninsula
(c) Long Binh
(d) Chu Lai
9. Who does O'Brien want to write like when he leaves Vietnam?
10. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
11. Which of the following terms does Blyton call Erik when he voices his opposition to the war?
12. Who warned Alpha Company of an incoming explosive ordinance?
(b) A Lieutenant
(d) No one
13. Which person with whom O'Brien meets seems more interested in dandruff than his views on the war?
(a) Drill sergeant
(c) Battalion commander
14. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
15. Which of the following is the best definition of the term shorn as used in the following sentence? Everyone is sober, shaven and shorn after raising their hands and reciting an oath.
(a) Short hair cut
(b) Deprived of something
(c) Closely guarded
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
2. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
3. What does O'Brien hide behind?
4. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
5. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)