|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
2. What is different about chapter ten than the others?
(a) It was not written by O'Brien
(b) It is the longest
(c) It is only one scene
(d) It shows the most compassion
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes O'Brien's childhood?
(d) In constant turmoil
4. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
5. Which of the following is a term used to describe a hand grenade?
6. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
(a) It is in the past
(b) It is in the future
(c) It is after he is discharged from the military
(d) It stays in the present
7. Which of the following best describes how O'Brien feels about the war?
(a) It is too far away
(b) It is wrong
(c) It is right
(d) It needs to end quickly
8. What is O'Brien's job with Alpha Company?
(a) Operating the radio
(c) Simply foot soldier
9. Who warned Alpha Company of an incoming explosive ordinance?
(b) No one
(d) A Lieutenant
10. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
(b) Missing a limb
11. Where is Alpha Company when O'Brien arrives?
(a) Gathering dead bodies
(b) Having recreation time
(c) On a mission
(d) Unaccounted for
12. What famous mountain was in the state and near where O'Brien completed his basic training?
(a) Mount Rainier
(b) St. Thomas
(c) Mount Shasta
(d) Pike's Peak
13. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
14. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
15. Which word best describes the length of the meeting O'Brien has with the battalion commander?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
2. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
3. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
4. Where did O'Brien meet a Vietnamese student who was also a Viet Cong officer?
5. In which of the following wars did O'Brien's parents serve?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)