|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of O'Brien's common high school activities?
(b) Performing in plays
(c) Dates at drive-in movies
(d) Pep rallies
2. What is the goal of the soldiers in relation to the insurgents?
3. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
(a) Take cover
(b) Organize themselves to counter attack
(d) Hide in foxholes
4. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
5. What does the man offer to the soldiers?
(d) A place to sleep
6. How many attempts does O'Brien make to work through the military hierarchy for guidance and counsel?
7. What is located in Chu Lai?
(a) Advanced training center
(b) Combat Center
(c) Air warfare center
(d) Landing Strip
8. Which of the following terms best describes they type of explosive attack which occurred in Chapter four?
(b) Misaimed weapon
(c) Weapon malfunction
(d) Enemy waged
9. Which of the following is true about O'Brien's parents?
(a) They both protested the war
(b) They both died when O'Brien was very young
(c) They were both currently in the military
(d) They were both veterans
10. Which of the following is the best definition for bellicose?
11. Which of the following is the name of O'Brien's only friend during basic training?
12. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
(d) Turns nose up at
13. On which peninsula does chapter eleven occur?
(a) My Lai
14. Where does O'Brien say is the only place that Alpha Companies friendships are deep?
(b) While marching
(c) When someone is killed
(d) While on R&R
15. What does humping mean in military lingo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
2. What does the forest symbolize to O'Brien?
3. What game do O'Brien and Captain Johansen play?
4. Which of the following describes the nickname for the time period in which O'Brien was born?
5. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)