|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
2. Which of the following is different about the timing of chapter two as compared to chapter one?
(a) It is in the future
(b) It is after he is discharged from the military
(c) It is in the past
(d) It stays in the present
3. What name do the soldiers give to the Starlight scope?
4. How many men were in O'Brien's basic training unit?
5. When is O'Brien due to report for basic training?
(a) End of the fall
(b) Beginning of the spring
(c) End of the summer
(d) Middle of the winter
6. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
7. How do the men of Alpha Company react to the nighttime attack?
(a) Organize themselves to counter attack
(c) Take cover
(d) Hide in foxholes
8. On which peninsula does chapter eleven occur?
(c) My Lai
9. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
10. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
11. What does O'Brien help Alpha company do the day after the nighttime attack?
(a) Surprise the Viet Cong
(b) Search for mines
(c) Gather the bodies of the dead
(d) Hunt for those that attacked them
12. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
(a) Past Regression
13. In what year does chapter three take place?
14. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
15. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) Little boys
(b) No one
(c) Other soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not one of O'Brien's common high school activities?
2. In what way does O'Brien classify himself?
3. What does O'Brien think will happen to him in the rainforest in Vietnam?
4. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
5. What does O'Brien hide behind?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)