|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which area is considered really dangerous?
(a) Batangan Peninsula
(b) Chu Lai
(d) Long Binh
2. Who prepares O'Brien's induction papers?
(a) His father
(b) The draft board
(c) O'Brien himself
(d) His mother
3. Who gives the soldiers of Alpha Company back rubs?
(a) No one
(c) Other soldiers
(d) Little boys
4. With what is O'Brien ill?
(b) A cold
5. What type of notice does O'Brien receive?
6. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
7. Which of the following best describes the weather during Chapter four?
(a) Humid and dry
(b) Wet and cold
(c) Humid and Rainy
(d) Extreme heat and dry
8. How do the soldiers feel about the jungle?
9. What does the battalion commander believe is O'Brien's problem?
(a) Moral struggle
(b) Inadequate training
(c) Poor hygiene
(d) Afraid of dying
10. In what year does O'Brien go for basic training?
11. What game do O'Brien and Captain Johansen play?
12. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
13. What is the name of O'Brien's company?
14. What does O'Brien experience for the first time in chapter nine?
(a) Bivouacked on a trail
(b) Killing his first man
(c) Gets lost in the jungle
15. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does O'Brien say is the only place that Alpha Companies friendships are deep?
2. What does humping mean in military lingo?
3. What is located in Chu Lai?
4. Which term means to march with items such as a pack or some military supplies?
5. Which of the following characters often spends time telling jokes?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)