|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best descriptor for the transition which O'Brien faces with daily life in Vietnam from his previous life?
2. Which of the following is the literary term for when O'Brien keeps adding elements from events which happened prior to those he is describing?
(b) Past Regression
3. Which of the following is the best synonym for disdain as it is used in the following sentence?
He looks with disdain on those that flourish in basic training.
(c) Turns nose up at
4. Which of the following was one of O'Brien's common winter activities?
(c) Ice skating
5. Where does O'Brien say is the only place that Alpha Companies friendships are deep?
(a) While on R&R
(c) When someone is killed
(d) While marching
6. Which of the following does Erik read intently?
7. Which of the following presidents is not referred to in this chapter?
8. To which company is O'Brien first assigned?
9. From which area are the insurgents?
(a) North Vietnam
(d) South Vietnam
10. What do the soldiers decide to do when they discover a tunnel in a village rather than sending a soldier down?
(a) Ignore it and move on to another village
(b) Send a villager into the tunnel
(c) Shoot their guns into the tunnel
(d) Throw grenades into the tunnel
11. Which of the following is not a synonym for spry?
12. What is the name of the base camp fro Alpha Company?
(a) Chu Lai
(b) Cam Ranh Bay
(c) LZ Gator
(d) Ho Chi Min
13. What is the most frightening mission for the soldiers?
(a) Clearing underground tunnels
(b) Walking through the forest
(c) Coming face-to-face with an insurgent
(d) Searching empty villages
14. Which of the following is a synonym for "Charlie"?
(a) Viet Cong
15. Which of the following is true about O'Brien's parents?
(a) They were both currently in the military
(b) They were both veterans
(c) They both died when O'Brien was very young
(d) They both protested the war
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition of the term lethargy?
2. Which of the following does O'Brien begin reading?
3. What does O'Brien hide behind?
4. Which time of day is filled with the most potential danger according to O'Brien?
5. What disability does the Vietnamese elderly man have?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)