|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
2. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
3. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
4. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
2. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
4. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
5. What does Houghton tell the court?
6. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
7. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
8. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
9. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
10. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Jones mean by becoming a real man? What obstacles are in Jones' way to achieve this dream and how can he overcome them?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Jones if Madge hadn't dropped the charged? How much does Jones' attitude go against him in such a trial? In what way could it be said that Jones is not entirely innocent of the charges?
Essay Topic 3
How do Alice's views of the Negro problem differ from her parents' views? Why do they have such a difference in opinion?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)