|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
2. What do the Mexicans say Jones already looks like?
3. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
4. Who does Jones phone from Hazel's house?
5. How is Elsie related to Madge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the meanings of Jones' dreams? What meaning do the dreams bring to the story?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it said that Jones makes own problems? What is Himes' views on Jones as a person and how does he express these views?
Essay Topic 3
Why are Jones and Madge attracted to each other? Why does this attraction become so destructive?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)