|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
2. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
3. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
4. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. How is Elsie related to Madge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
2. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
3. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
5. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
6. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
7. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
8. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
9. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
10. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
What is Jones' problem with Leighton? What kind of person would a white man have to be for Jones to like him?
Essay Topic 3
What are the arguments for and against segregation? What are the arguments for and against integration? Why did people decide integration was the way forward?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)