|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
2. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
3. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
4. Who does Jones plan to kill in this section?
5. What is the white boy's name?
Essay Topic 1
What would have happened to Jones if Madge hadn't dropped the charged? How much does Jones' attitude go against him in such a trial? In what way could it be said that Jones is not entirely innocent of the charges?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could it said that Jones makes own problems? What is Himes' views on Jones as a person and how does he express these views?
Essay Topic 3
What are the meanings of Jones' dreams? What meaning do the dreams bring to the story?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)