|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
2. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
3. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
4. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
Essay Topic 1
How do Alice's views of the Negro problem differ from her parents' views? Why do they have such a difference in opinion?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Jones if Madge hadn't dropped the charged? How much does Jones' attitude go against him in such a trial? In what way could it be said that Jones is not entirely innocent of the charges?
Essay Topic 3
How is Himes' work different from Wright's and Baldwin's? In what way is Himes' work equally relevant to his more famous counterparts'?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)