Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
2. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
3. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
4. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
Essay Topic 1
What would have happened to Jones if Madge hadn't dropped the charged? How much does Jones' attitude go against him in such a trial? In what way could it be said that Jones is not entirely innocent of the charges?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)