Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
2. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
3. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
4. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
In what way could it said that Jones makes own problems? What is Himes' views on Jones as a person and how does he express these views?
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)