|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones phone from Hazel's house?
2. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
3. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
4. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
5. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
2. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
3. What does Jones talk about with Herbie?
4. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
5. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
6. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
7. Why does Jones run away?
8. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
9. How does Don help Jones in this section?
10. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Leighton's opinions on the Negro problem? What does Jones think about his opinions? What would people think about Leighton's opinions today?
Essay Topic 2
How do Alice's views of the Negro problem differ from her parents' views? Why do they have such a difference in opinion?
Essay Topic 3
How has racism oppressed Jones? What would Jones' life be like if his life had not been oppressed by racism?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)