|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
2. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
3. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
4. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
5. Who does Jones bump into at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
3. How does Don help Jones in this section?
4. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
5. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
6. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
7. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
8. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
9. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
10. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is Jones not entirely innocent of the accusations directed at him at the end of the novel? How will Jones cope in the army?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What does Jones mean by becoming a real man? What obstacles are in Jones' way to achieve this dream and how can he overcome them?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)