|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
2. What color is the white boy's hair?
3. Why does Alice say she will not be seeing Jones in the future?
4. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
2. How does Mrs. Harrison think the black should deal with the white people?
3. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
4. How does Jones prepare to kill the white boy?
5. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
6. What does Jones observe in the Rest Room restaurant?
7. How does Jones act at the party?
8. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
9. How does Alice startle both the police and Jones when the police stop them for speeding?
10. What was Himes' goal in life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the arguments for and against segregation? What are the arguments for and against integration? Why did people decide integration was the way forward?
Essay Topic 2
What would have happened to Jones if Madge hadn't dropped the charged? How much does Jones' attitude go against him in such a trial? In what way could it be said that Jones is not entirely innocent of the charges?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could it said that Jones makes own problems? What is Himes' views on Jones as a person and how does he express these views?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)