|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
2. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
(a) He shouts at her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He touches her.
(d) He flirts with her.
3. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
4. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
5. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they could serve the whites.
(b) So they could identified as inferior.
(c) So they didn't get sunburn.
(d) So they could work the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act does Jones say Madge goes into when he meets her at the end of Chapter 15?
2. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
3. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. Where does Jones want to drive to?
5. What does Don needle Madge about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
3. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
4. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
5. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
6. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
7. Describe Jones' dream at the beginning of chapter twelve?
8. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
9. How does Don help Jones in this section?
10. What does Houghton tell the court?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)