|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones bump into at the end of Chapter 18?
2. What does Jones say Madge goes into when he confronts her?
(a) Her whore behavior.
(b) Her frightened rabbit behavior.
(c) Her act.
(d) Her trap.
3. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
4. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Hurt her.
(b) Talk to her.
(c) Spy on her.
(d) Bring her down.
5. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) Lead piping.
(d) A wooden staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Madge staying?
2. How does Jones feel when he wakes up from his dream?
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
4. How is Elsie related to Madge?
5. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jones run away?
2. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
3. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
4. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
6. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
7. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
8. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
9. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
10. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)