|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Madge staying?
(a) A hotel.
(b) Her cousin's house.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) A shack.
2. When do Jones and Alice want to get married?
(d) New Years.
3. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
4. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(c) White power.
5. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The ship.
(b) The canteen.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Alice's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
2. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
3. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
4. What does Houghton tell the court?
5. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
2. Summarize the novel.
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
4. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
5. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
6. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
7. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
8. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
9. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
10. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)