|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
(a) Stab him.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Shoot him.
(d) Lynch him.
2. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
3. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
4. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
(a) Big girls.
(b) White girls.
(c) Thin girls.
(d) Black girls.
5. What does Madge tell Jones to do to her?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Hold her.
(c) Beat her.
(d) Rape her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
2. What do the Mexicans say Jones already looks like?
3. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
4. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
5. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
2. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
3. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
4. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
5. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
8. What does Houghton tell the court?
9. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
10. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)