|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Madge staying?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A shack.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) Her cousin's house.
2. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The union.
(c) The government.
(d) The proper channels.
3. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
4. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(a) His job.
5. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) To separate from him.
(b) To move in with him.
(c) To run away with him.
(d) To marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
2. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
3. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
4. When do Jones and Alice want to get married?
5. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
2. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
3. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
4. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
5. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
6. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
7. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
8. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
9. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
10. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)