|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The immigrants.
(b) The lowly workers.
(c) The black workers.
(d) The white workers.
2. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She looks sick.
(b) She is with a white co-worker.
(c) She look apologetic.
(d) She is too big.
3. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To marry Alice.
(b) To write.
(c) To leave America.
(d) To have stability.
4. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Alice's house.
(b) The canteen.
(c) The ship.
(d) His apartment.
5. What is the name of the union boss?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
2. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
3. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
4. What does Don needle Madge about?
5. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
2. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
3. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
4. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
5. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
6. What does Jones talk about with Herbie?
7. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
8. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
9. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
10. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)