|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones bump into at the end of Chapter 18?
2. What is the name of the union boss?
3. What does Jones say is his universal desire?
(a) To fall in love.
(b) To be part of society.
(c) To have a place.
(d) To be a man.
4. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Marry Alice.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Do community service.
5. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(a) White power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
2. Who does Jones prepare to talk to at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
4. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
5. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
2. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
3. Describe Jones' dream at the beginning of chapter twelve?
4. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
5. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
6. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
7. Why does Jones run away?
8. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
9. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)