|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Spy on her.
(d) Bring her down.
2. Where is Madge staying?
(a) A shack.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Her parents' house.
(d) Her cousin's house.
3. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
4. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Work for no money for a while.
(b) Apologize to Madge.
(c) Do community service.
(d) Prove he can behave himself.
5. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A bell.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A police raid.
(d) An inspection.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
2. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
3. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
4. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
5. Who does Jones plan to kill in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
2. Why does Jones run away?
3. How does Don help Jones in this section?
4. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
5. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
6. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
7. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
8. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
9. What does Houghton tell the court?
10. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)