|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Drugstore supplies.
(c) A new car.
(d) His clothes.
2. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they could serve the whites.
(b) So they could work the land.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they didn't get sunburn.
3. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
(a) A punch.
(b) Bad gear.
(c) A scare.
(d) A bit of lip.
4. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) San Pedro precinct.
(b) Las Vegas precinct.
(c) San Franciso precinct.
(d) Orange County precinct.
5. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Work for no money for a while.
(b) Prove he can behave himself.
(c) Do community service.
(d) Apologize to Madge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
2. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
3. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
5. What is the white boy's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
2. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
3. Why does Jones run away?
4. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
5. What does Houghton tell the court?
6. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
7. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
8. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
9. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
10. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)