|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
2. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The union.
(c) The government.
(d) The proper channels.
3. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To leave America.
(b) To write.
(c) To have stability.
(d) To marry Alice.
4. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
(a) He knows he won't get justice.
(b) He knows he will lose Alice.
(c) He knows he has to see Alice again.
(d) He knows he will be killed.
5. What does Elsie say colored people prefer back home?
(a) Their own company.
(b) Working hard.
(c) Walking the countryside.
(d) Keeping their jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
2. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
3. What does Don give Jones?
4. How does Jones feel when he wakes up from his dream?
5. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)