|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
2. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
(a) Having children with Alice.
(b) Raping Madge.
(c) Killing Stoddart.
(d) Settling in Florida.
3. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
(a) A bit of lip.
(b) A scare.
(c) A punch.
(d) Bad gear.
4. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
(a) He touches her.
(b) He flirts with her.
(c) He shouts at her.
(d) He threatens her.
5. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
2. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
3. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
4. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
5. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jones run away?
2. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
3. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
4. Summarize the novel.
5. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
6. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
7. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
8. What is Jones' mood when he wakes up?
9. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
10. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)