|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Houghton tell the court?
(a) Jones is a good man.
(b) Madge has dropped the charges.
(c) Madge has admitted she lied.
(d) Jones has a history of bad behavior.
2. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
(a) He shouts at her.
(b) He threatens her.
(c) He flirts with her.
(d) He touches her.
3. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The proper channels.
(b) The union.
(c) The government.
(d) The mayor.
4. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
5. What does Jones say Alice has done to her face in Chapter 16?
(a) Scratched it.
(b) Ruined it.
(c) Powdered it.
(d) Bruised it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
3. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
4. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
5. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
2. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
3. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
4. How does Don help Jones in this section?
5. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
6. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
7. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
8. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
9. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
10. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)