|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(b) His job.
2. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
3. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Alice's house.
(c) The shipyard infirmary.
(d) The shipyard prison.
4. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
(a) Madge is a prostitute.
(b) Madge is roundly disliked.
(c) Madge wants to have sex with him.
(d) He could get Madge fired.
5. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) An inspection.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A bell.
(d) A police raid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
2. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
4. What does Houghton tell the court?
5. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Houghton tell the court?
2. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
3. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
4. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
5. What does Jones talk about with Herbie?
6. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
7. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
8. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
9. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
10. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)