|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don needle Madge about?
(a) Her make-up.
(b) A date with her new boyfriend.
(c) Her love of black men.
(d) Her upbringing.
2. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) Lead piping.
(b) A wooden staff.
(c) A brick.
(d) A knife.
3. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A movie.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A lecture.
4. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) The shipyard prison.
(b) The shipyard infirmary.
(c) His apartment.
(d) Alice's house.
5. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A bell.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A police raid.
(d) A fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
2. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
3. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
4. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
5. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Jones run away?
3. Describe Jones' dream at the beginning of chapter twelve?
4. How does Don help Jones in this section?
5. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
6. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
7. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
8. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
9. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
10. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)