|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
(a) Millions of white women.
(b) A pack of wolves.
(c) His parents.
(d) Thousands of Klu-Klux-Klan.
2. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
(a) Talking to her husband.
(b) Reporting her.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Killing her.
3. What is the white boy's name?
4. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Apologize to Madge.
(b) Work for no money for a while.
(c) Prove he can behave himself.
(d) Do community service.
5. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A movie.
(d) A lecture.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
2. What does Don needle Madge about?
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
4. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
5. What do the Mexicans say Jones already looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
2. What does Houghton tell the court?
3. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
4. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
5. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
6. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
7. Why does Jones decide not to confront Madge in Chapter 16?
8. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
9. How does Don help Jones in this section?
10. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)