|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She look apologetic.
(b) She looks sick.
(c) She is too big.
(d) She is with a white co-worker.
2. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The canteen.
(b) Alice's house.
(c) The ship.
(d) His apartment.
3. Where is Elsie from?
(b) New York.
4. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
(a) A dead body.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) A gun.
5. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
2. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
3. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
5. Who captures Jones in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
2. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
3. What does Houghton tell the court?
4. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
5. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
6. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
7. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
8. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
9. How does Jones get accused of rape in Chapter 20?
10. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)