|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
2. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To write.
(b) To marry Alice.
(c) To leave America.
(d) To have stability.
3. Where is Elsie from?
(c) New York.
4. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they didn't get sunburn.
(b) So they could serve the whites.
(c) So they could work the land.
(d) So they could identified as inferior.
5. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) The shipyard prison.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The shipyard infirmary.
(d) Alice's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
2. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
3. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
4. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
5. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)