|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
2. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(a) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
3. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Work for no money for a while.
(b) Apologize to Madge.
(c) Do community service.
(d) Prove he can behave himself.
4. What does Madge tell Jones to do to her?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Rape her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Hold her.
5. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The lowly workers.
(b) The black workers.
(c) The white workers.
(d) The immigrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
2. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
3. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
4. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
5. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Houghton tell the court?
2. Describe the phone conversation between Alice and Jones in Chapter 16.
3. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jones talk about with Herbie?
5. How does Jones takes the power away from Madge in Chapter 15?
6. What are Alice's thoughts on segregation?
7. Summarize the novel.
8. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
9. How does Don help Jones in this section?
10. What does MacDougal Jones in Chapter 20?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)