|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
2. Who does Jones prepare to talk to at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The manager.
(c) The union steward.
3. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
(a) Excited and thick.
(b) Syrupy and thin.
(c) Silky and smoothe.
(d) Tense and nervous.
4. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Do community service.
(b) Marry Alice.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Join the army.
5. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A fight.
(c) A police raid.
(d) A bell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
2. When do Jones and Alice want to get married?
3. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
4. What does Don needle Madge about?
5. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
2. How does Jones finds himself at the San Pedro precinct in Chapter 21?
3. How does Jones get drafted into the army?
4. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
5. What does Houghton tell the court?
6. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
7. Why does Jones and his co-workers think the blacks should not join the army?
8. What does Jones tell Alice about his fears in Chapter 19?
9. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
10. Why does Jones run away?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)