|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
2. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Silver feathered.
(b) Mousy brown.
(c) Peroxide blond.
(d) Coal black.
3. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
(a) Her fellow student.
(b) Her co-worker.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her boyfriend.
4. What does the narrator carry his muscle as high as?
(a) His chin.
(b) His ears.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His forehead.
5. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
(a) Have some fun.
(b) Drive to another city.
(c) Hurt some white people.
(d) Make out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
2. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
3. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
4. What does Jones say he does with a sudden violent gesture in Chapter 10?
5. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alice and her friends talk about in this section?
2. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
3. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
4. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
5. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
6. How does Jones describe his supervisor Kelly?
7. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
8. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
9. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
10. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)