|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say he feels has crushed him at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A car.
(b) A steel door.
(c) A horse.
(d) A truck.
2. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
(a) A shiv.
(b) An axe.
(c) A screw driver.
(d) A dagger.
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
(a) Native Son.
(c) Invisible Man.
(d) Go Tell to the Mountain.
4. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
(b) Iron mongering.
5. What kind of pass does Jones get at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A travel pass.
(b) A worker's pass.
(c) A sick pass.
(d) A food pass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
2. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Mrs. Harrison think it is important to keep moving forward?
4. What does the narrator hear Henry say next door?
5. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
2. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
4. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
5. How does Alice react to Jones' bad behavior in the restaurant?
6. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
7. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
8. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
9. What kind of area does Alice live in?
10. How does Jones act at the party?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)