|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
2. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
(d) The Bronx.
3. What name is Himes derived from?
4. What is the name of Alice's friend?
5. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
(a) The manager's office.
(b) The fish tank.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
2. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
3. Which of the girls in Alice's sitting room does Jones say has brown colored skin?
4. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
5. What did Himes say was his advantage over the other black convicts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
2. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
3. What does Jones observe in the Rest Room restaurant?
4. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
5. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
6. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
7. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
8. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
9. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
10. How does Don help Jones in this section?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)