|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Conway say a buddy eats?
2. Who does the narrator say he gets into a battle royal with?
(a) A white woman.
(b) A pitbull terrier.
(c) A motorcycle cop.
(d) An Irish foreman.
3. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
(a) Sleeping with Alice.
(b) Picking up his paycheck.
(c) Going back to a warm house.
(d) Killing the white boy.
4. Where do Jones and Alice go shopping at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A drugstore.
(b) A music store.
(c) A book store.
(d) A shoe store.
5. What position does McDougall say he is demoting Jones to?
(b) Oil worker.
(c) Pipe fitter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
2. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
3. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
4. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
5. What does the narrator carry his muscle as high as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones act at the party?
2. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
3. How does Alice startle both the police and Jones when the police stop them for speeding?
4. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
5. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
6. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
7. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
8. How does Mrs. Harrison think the black should deal with the white people?
9. What do Alice and her friends talk about in this section?
10. What was Himes' goal in life?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)