|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
2. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
(a) His future.
(b) The white boy's life.
(c) His gun.
(d) His present.
3. What is the supervisor's nationality?
4. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
5. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the girls in Alice's sitting room does Jones say has brown colored skin?
2. What company did Himes work at as a reader?
3. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
4. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
5. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
2. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
3. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
4. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
5. How did Himes start writing?
6. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
7. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
8. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
9. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
10. What does Jones observe in the Rest Room restaurant?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)