|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A killer's smile.
(b) A sexual stare.
(c) A blank stare.
(d) A enigmatic smile.
2. What is the name of Jones' girlfriend?
3. What does Jones tell Alice he is desperate for her to understand?
(a) His longing.
(b) His fear.
(c) His past.
(d) His love.
4. What was the name of the shipyard the narrator worked at?
5. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Richard Wright.
(b) Ralph Ellison.
(c) Chester Himes.
(d) Elijah Muhammed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company did Himes work at as a reader?
2. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
3. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
4. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
5. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
2. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
3. What kind of area does Alice live in?
4. How does Jones prepare to kill the white boy?
5. Why did Himes' mother Estelle have a problem with Himes' father?
6. How does Alice react to what Jones tells her about his confrontation with Madge?
7. How does Jones describe his supervisor Kelly?
8. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
9. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
10. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)