|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) Native Son.
(b) Giovianni's Room.
(c) Invisible Man.
(d) Go Tell it to the Mountain.
2. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
(a) They are black.
(b) They want to search their truck.
(c) They are speeding.
(d) They have no license plate.
3. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
(a) As if she was possessed.
(b) As if she wanted to die.
(c) As if she was in labor.
(d) As if something was after her.
4. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
5. What is the name of Alice's friend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
2. What was the name of the shipyard the narrator worked at?
3. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
4. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
5. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
2. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
3. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
4. Describe the confrontation between Jones and Stoddart in this section.
5. How does Jones' anger build to wanting to kill Stoddart?
6. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
7. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
8. How does Alice react to Jones' bad behavior in the restaurant?
9. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
10. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)