|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police officers call Jones and Alice?
(c) Uncle Toms.
2. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) To keep her guessing.
(b) To show he loves her.
(c) So not to muss her make up.
(d) To make her smile.
3. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
(a) The army.
(b) The police force.
4. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
(c) The blond white boy.
(d) The plant's Mr. Tom.
5. Why does Alice hang up on Jones?
(a) He refuses to see her.
(b) He talks dirty to her.
(c) He talks about other woman.
(d) He becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
3. Where does Jones drop off the white hitchhikers?
4. What is Alice's father's title?
5. Why does Alice say she will not be seeing Jones in the future?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of area does Alice live in?
2. How does Jones act at the party?
3. How does Don help Jones in this section?
4. How does Madge react to Jones breaking into her apartment?
5. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
6. How does Jones say Madge makes him feel in this section?
7. What does Jones think about when he wakes up from his dream in Chapter 18?
8. How does Alice react to what Jones tells her about his confrontation with Madge?
9. Why does Jones run away?
10. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)