|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the note say that comes with the restaurant bill?
(a) Jones is not welcome back.
(b) The restaurant has called the police.
(c) Jones will be lynched.
(d) The restaurant has a job opening.
2. What is the name of Jones' girlfriend?
3. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
4. Who calls Jones at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Mrs. Harrison.
(c) Mr. Harrison.
5. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
(a) They are speeding.
(b) They want to search their truck.
(c) They have no license plate.
(d) They are black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
2. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
3. What is Alice's father's title?
4. Who wrote Native Son?
5. What color is the white boy's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alice react to Jones' bad behavior in the restaurant?
2. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
3. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
4. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
5. How does Mrs. Harrison think the black should deal with the white people?
6. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
7. What does Himes say is the new variety of Uncle Toming?
8. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
9. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
10. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)