|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
2. What do the police officers call Jones and Alice?
(c) Uncle Toms.
3. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Ralph Ellison.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Elijah Muhammed.
(d) Chester Himes.
4. Who does Mrs. Harrison think Alice and Jones should interact with more regularly?
(a) Black people.
(b) Educated people.
(c) Working class people.
(d) White people.
5. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
(a) Nazi pilots.
(b) Japanese piolts.
(c) British pilots.
(d) Italian pilots.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
2. What is the name of Jones' girlfriend?
3. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
4. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
5. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jones describe his supervisor Kelly?
2. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
3. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
4. How does Alice startle both the police and Jones when the police stop them for speeding?
5. What kind of area does Alice live in?
6. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
7. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
8. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
9. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
10. How does Jones act at the party?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)