|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Silver feathered.
(b) Coal black.
(c) Mousy brown.
(d) Peroxide blond.
2. What color is the white boy's hair?
3. What is Alice's father's title?
4. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A map.
(b) A bible.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
5. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with the white girl Jones meets at the restaurant?
2. What does Jones describe as a frightening conversation?
3. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
4. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
5. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Alice and her friends talk about in this section?
2. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
3. How did Himes start writing?
4. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
5. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
6. How does Jones prepare to kill the white boy?
7. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
8. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
9. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
10. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)