Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He kicks a dog.
(b) He hits a guest.
(c) He slaps Alice.
(d) He breaks a vase.
2. Where does Jones drop off the white hitchhikers?
(a) The casino.
(b) The football stadium.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The bingo hall.
3. What is the supervisor's nationality?
4. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
5. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a science experiment.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a fight.
(d) In a factory accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
2. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
3. How did Himes injure himself at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
4. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
5. What color is the white boy's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Himes start writing?
2. Describe the conversation between Alice and Jones.
3. How does Alice startle both the police and Jones when the police stop them for speeding?
4. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
5. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
6. What does Jones talk about with Herbie?
7. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
8. What does Jones observe in the Rest Room restaurant?
9. How does Jones prepare to kill the white boy?
10. Why does Jones decide to kill Stoddart in Chapter 21?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)