|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
(a) A paddy.
(b) A spick.
(c) A nigger.
(d) A kiki.
2. Where do the two patrol officers take Jones and Alice?
(a) The lakes.
(b) The police station.
(c) A forest.
3. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
4. What name is Himes derived from?
5. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
(a) Malcolm Marshall.
(b) Jimmy Crow.
(c) James Dean.
(d) Bigger Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
2. What do the police officers call Jones and Alice?
3. What does Alice tell Jones he should plead for?
4. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What did Himes say was his advantage over the other black convicts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Himes' mother Estelle have a problem with Himes' father?
2. How does Jones think marriage to Alice will change him?
3. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
4. How did Himes start writing?
5. What are Elsie's opinion of black Southerners?
6. How does Don help Jones in this section?
7. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
8. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
9. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 18?
10. Why does Jones run away?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)