|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the two patrol officers take Jones and Alice?
(b) A forest.
(c) The lakes.
(d) The police station.
2. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
3. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
(c) San Francisco.
4. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
(a) The blond white boy.
(b) The plant's Mr. Tom.
5. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Himes' position at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
2. What do the police officers call Jones and Alice?
3. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
4. What does Alice tell Jones she doesn't like?
5. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
2. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
3. How does Alice react to what Jones tells her about his confrontation with Madge?
4. How does Mrs. Harrison think the black should deal with the white people?
5. What kind of area does Alice live in?
6. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
7. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
8. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
9. Why does Als think Himes' work is important?
10. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)