|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
(d) The Bronx.
2. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
(a) The Red Room.
(b) The Beat Room.
(c) The Rest Room.
(d) The Live Room.
3. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
(a) Malcolm Marshall.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Bigger Thomas.
(d) Jimmy Crow.
4. What is slang for a white nigger?
5. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
(a) Her co-worker.
(b) Her fellow student.
(c) Her friend.
(d) Her boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
2. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
3. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
4. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
5. What did Himes say was his advantage over the other black convicts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
2. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
3. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
4. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
5. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
6. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
7. What does Himes say is the new variety of Uncle Toming?
8. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
9. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
10. What does Jones observe in the Rest Room restaurant?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)