|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
(a) Her friend.
(b) Her fellow student.
(c) Her co-worker.
(d) Her boyfriend.
2. What does Jones tell Alice he is desperate for her to understand?
(a) His love.
(b) His past.
(c) His longing.
(d) His fear.
3. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a factory accident.
(b) In a fight.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a science experiment.
4. What name is Himes derived from?
5. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A blank stare.
(b) A sexual stare.
(c) A enigmatic smile.
(d) A killer's smile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
2. How did Himes injure himself at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
3. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
4. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
5. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Himes' mother Estelle have a problem with Himes' father?
2. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What kind of area does Alice live in?
4. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
5. What does Jones dream about the police in Chapter 1?
6. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
7. Why did Himes move to Paris?
8. What do Alice and Jones talk about at the end of Chapter 11?
9. What problems does Jones have with Madge in this section?
10. Why does Dr. Harrison say he is proud of black men in this section?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)