|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
(b) The army.
(c) The police force.
2. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
(a) Jump up and down.
(b) Pinch their noses.
(c) Pull their ears.
(d) Hold their burps.
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
(a) Native Son.
(b) Go Tell to the Mountain.
(d) Invisible Man.
4. What color is the white boy's hair?
5. Which of the girls in Alice's sitting room does Jones say has brown colored skin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
2. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
3. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
4. What is the name of Alice's friend?
5. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood between Alice and Jones as they eat dinner at the restaurant?
2. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
3. What does Himes say is the new variety of Uncle Toming?
4. How did Himes start writing?
5. How does Jones prepare to kill the white boy?
6. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
7. What problems does Jones encounter with his boss MacDougal?
8. What problems does Jones have with the white boy?
9. What problems does Jones have with Leighton?
10. How does Jones act at the party?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)