|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
2. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
(b) The army.
(c) The police force.
3. What name is Himes derived from?
4. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) Giovianni's Room.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Go Tell it to the Mountain.
(d) Invisible Man.
5. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
2. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
3. Why do the two patrol officers stop Alice and Jones?
4. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
5. What does Alice tell Jones he should plead for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Himes say is the new variety of Uncle Toming?
2. What racial problems does Jones say he encounters on the way to work?
3. What does Jones feel like when he leaves Alice's house?
4. What does Jones say he thinks of his girlfriend Alice?
5. Why does Jones drive to see Alice at the end of Chapter 9?
6. How does Jones say the white women treat him?
7. How does Jones describe his supervisor Kelly?
8. What problem do Baldwin and Wright have with each other?
9. How did Himes start writing?
10. Why does Jones decide not to kill the white boy?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)