|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of joke does Jones overhear Kelly tell?
(a) A dirty joke.
(b) A war joke.
(c) A sexist joke.
(d) A racist joke.
2. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A bell.
(c) An inspection.
(d) A police raid.
3. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
4. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He is going to get fired.
(b) He is going to go to prison.
(c) He going to have to conform.
(d) He is going to be controlled by white people.
5. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A police raid.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A bell.
(d) A fight.
6. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
(a) A scare.
(b) Bad gear.
(c) A punch.
(d) A bit of lip.
7. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Spy on her.
(d) Bring her down.
8. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
9. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) A drive-in restaurant.
(b) Her house.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A drive-in-movie theater.
10. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
11. How is Elsie related to Madge?
(a) Her sister-in-law.
(b) Her niece.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her cousin.
12. What does Jones say Madge goes into when he confronts her?
(a) Her act.
(b) Her trap.
(c) Her whore behavior.
(d) Her frightened rabbit behavior.
13. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Drugstore supplies.
(c) A new car.
14. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
(a) The security guards.
(c) The construction workers.
15. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the union boss?
2. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
3. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
4. What is the white boy's name?
5. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)