|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
(a) Killing her.
(b) Reporting her.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Talking to her husband.
2. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
3. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) To move in with him.
(b) To separate from him.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To run away with him.
4. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
5. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they didn't get sunburn.
(b) So they could serve the whites.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they could work the land.
6. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
(a) A lynch mob is looking for him.
(b) Alice is looking forhim.
(c) The police are looking for him.
(d) She has changed the locks.
7. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) A new car.
(b) Drugstore supplies.
(d) His clothes.
8. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Hurt her.
(b) Bring her down.
(c) Talk to her.
(d) Spy on her.
9. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
10. What kind of joke does Jones overhear Kelly tell?
(a) A war joke.
(b) A racist joke.
(c) A sexist joke.
(d) A dirty joke.
11. What does Jones say is his universal desire?
(a) To have a place.
(b) To be a man.
(c) To be part of society.
(d) To fall in love.
12. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
13. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
14. What is the white boy's name?
15. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(c) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
2. Where is Elsie from?
3. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
4. What is the name of the union boss?
5. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)