|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
2. What does Jones say is his universal desire?
(a) To be a man.
(b) To fall in love.
(c) To have a place.
(d) To be part of society.
3. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
(a) The police.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The Klu-Klux-Klan.
4. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
(a) The union.
(c) The government.
(d) The white man.
5. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) A new car.
(c) His clothes.
(d) Drugstore supplies.
6. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
7. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A police raid.
(c) A bell.
(d) An inspection.
8. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
9. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A police raid.
(b) A fight.
(c) A fire alarm.
(d) A bell.
10. What does Don give Jones?
(a) Madge's telephone number.
(b) A contact for a friend.
(c) A gun.
(d) Madge's address.
11. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
(a) Excited and thick.
(b) Tense and nervous.
(c) Syrupy and thin.
(d) Silky and smoothe.
12. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
13. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
14. When do Jones and Alice want to get married?
(d) New Years.
15. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
(a) Killing Stoddart.
(b) Having children with Alice.
(c) Settling in Florida.
(d) Raping Madge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don needle Madge about?
2. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
3. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
4. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
5. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)