|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
(a) A lynch mob is looking for him.
(b) The police are looking for him.
(c) She has changed the locks.
(d) Alice is looking forhim.
2. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(d) White power.
3. What do the Mexicans say Jones already looks like?
(a) As if he has been working in the coal mines.
(b) As if he has been henpecked.
(c) As if he has spent a year in jail.
(d) As if he has already been in a war.
4. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Stab him.
(c) Lynch him.
(d) Shoot him.
5. Who captures Jones in his dream?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A Marine.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A white woman.
6. Who does Jones plan to kill in this section?
7. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
(b) The security guards.
(d) The construction workers.
8. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(a) A drink.
(c) A weapon.
9. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
10. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Do community service.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Marry Alice.
11. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
12. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The lowly workers.
(b) The black workers.
(c) The immigrants.
(d) The white workers.
13. What is the name of the union boss?
14. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
15. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
2. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
3. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)