|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
2. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they could identified as inferior.
(b) So they could serve the whites.
(c) So they could work the land.
(d) So they didn't get sunburn.
3. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He is going to go to prison.
(b) He is going to be controlled by white people.
(c) He going to have to conform.
(d) He is going to get fired.
4. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A drive-in-movie theater.
(c) Her house.
(d) A drive-in restaurant.
5. What does Jones say is his universal desire?
(a) To be part of society.
(b) To fall in love.
(c) To have a place.
(d) To be a man.
6. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Prove he can behave himself.
(b) Do community service.
(c) Apologize to Madge.
(d) Work for no money for a while.
7. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
(a) He threatens her.
(b) He touches her.
(c) He shouts at her.
(d) He flirts with her.
8. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A knife.
(b) Lead piping.
(c) A brick.
(d) A wooden staff.
9. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Bring her down.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Spy on her.
(d) Talk to her.
10. Who does Jones prepare to talk to at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The union steward.
(b) The manager.
11. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
(a) His fellow blacks.
(b) His country.
(c) His fellow humans.
(d) His fellow workers.
12. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Have fun with her.
(d) Cure her.
13. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) Las Vegas precinct.
(b) San Franciso precinct.
(c) Orange County precinct.
(d) San Pedro precinct.
14. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(b) White power.
15. Where is Madge staying?
(a) Her cousin's house.
(b) Her parents' house.
(c) A shack.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
2. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
3. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
4. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
5. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)