|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To separate from him.
(c) To run away with him.
(d) To move in with him.
2. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(a) A drink.
(b) A weapon.
3. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To have stability.
(b) To marry Alice.
(c) To write.
(d) To leave America.
4. What kind of act does Jones say Madge goes into when he meets her at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Her flirty act.
(b) Her fear act.
(c) Her calm act.
(d) A charming act.
5. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they could serve the whites.
(b) So they didn't get sunburn.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they could work the land.
6. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The black workers.
(b) The white workers.
(c) The lowly workers.
(d) The immigrants.
7. What does Jones say Alice has done to her face in Chapter 16?
(a) Ruined it.
(b) Bruised it.
(c) Powdered it.
(d) Scratched it.
8. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The Klu-Klux-Klan.
(c) The police.
(d) Her husband.
9. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A wooden staff.
(b) A knife.
(c) A brick.
(d) Lead piping.
10. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
11. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
12. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(c) His job.
13. Who does Jones phone from Hazel's house?
14. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) Las Vegas precinct.
(b) San Pedro precinct.
(c) Orange County precinct.
(d) San Franciso precinct.
15. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
(a) Cure her.
(b) Beat her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Have fun with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
2. How does Madge act towards Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
4. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)