|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Madge staying?
(a) A shack.
(b) Her parents' house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Her cousin's house.
2. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
3. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
4. What does Houghton tell the court?
(a) Jones is a good man.
(b) Madge has dropped the charges.
(c) Madge has admitted she lied.
(d) Jones has a history of bad behavior.
5. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
6. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
7. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
8. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
9. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She is too big.
(b) She look apologetic.
(c) She looks sick.
(d) She is with a white co-worker.
10. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A wooden staff.
(b) Lead piping.
(c) A knife.
(d) A brick.
11. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
(a) Madge wants to have sex with him.
(b) He could get Madge fired.
(c) Madge is roundly disliked.
(d) Madge is a prostitute.
12. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
(a) GIenn Ross Ships.
(b) Formby Construction Works.
(c) Atlas Shipbuilding.
(d) Herbie Oil.
13. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
(c) White women.
(d) The army.
14. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
(b) The government.
(c) The union.
(d) The white man.
15. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they didn't get sunburn.
(b) So they could work the land.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they could serve the whites.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Elsie related to Madge?
2. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
4. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
5. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)