|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
(a) Alice is looking forhim.
(b) The police are looking for him.
(c) A lynch mob is looking for him.
(d) She has changed the locks.
2. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) To separate from him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To move in with him.
(d) To run away with him.
3. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(c) White power.
4. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He is going to go to prison.
(b) He going to have to conform.
(c) He is going to be controlled by white people.
(d) He is going to get fired.
5. What is the white boy's name?
6. What does Elsie say colored people prefer back home?
(a) Walking the countryside.
(b) Their own company.
(c) Keeping their jobs.
(d) Working hard.
7. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
8. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
(a) Talking to her husband.
(b) Killing her.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Reporting her.
9. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The government.
(b) The proper channels.
(c) The union.
(d) The mayor.
10. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
11. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Marry Alice.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Do community service.
12. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
(b) The army.
(c) White women.
13. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
(a) A movie.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A lecture.
14. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
15. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) A drive-in-movie theater.
(b) Her house.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A drive-in restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of act does Jones say Madge goes into when he meets her at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
3. How does Jones feel when he wakes up from his dream?
4. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)