|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones plan to kill in this section?
2. Who does Jones prepare to talk to at the end of Chapter 12?
(b) The union steward.
(c) The manager.
3. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
(a) A bit of lip.
(b) A punch.
(c) Bad gear.
(d) A scare.
4. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
5. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) Alice has left him.
(b) The firm are sacking him.
(c) He is being transferred.
(d) He is being charged with rape.
6. What kind of act does Jones say Madge goes into when he meets her at the end of Chapter 15?
(a) Her flirty act.
(b) Her fear act.
(c) A charming act.
(d) Her calm act.
7. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
8. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
9. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(a) A drink.
(c) A weapon.
10. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they didn't get sunburn.
(b) So they could serve the whites.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they could work the land.
11. What does Jones ask Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) To separate from him.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To run away with him.
(d) To move in with him.
12. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A police raid.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A fight.
(d) A bell.
13. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
14. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
(a) He knows he has to see Alice again.
(b) He knows he will lose Alice.
(c) He knows he won't get justice.
(d) He knows he will be killed.
15. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
(a) The union.
(b) The government.
(c) The white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
2. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
4. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
5. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)