|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
2. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
3. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To write.
(b) To leave America.
(c) To have stability.
(d) To marry Alice.
4. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
5. What is the name of the union boss?
6. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
(b) Picking cotton.
(c) Wanting white women.
(d) White men dancing.
7. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The government.
(c) The union.
(d) The proper channels.
8. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
(a) A gun.
(c) Stolen money.
(d) A dead body.
9. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
10. What does Don needle Madge about?
(a) Her make-up.
(b) Her love of black men.
(c) A date with her new boyfriend.
(d) Her upbringing.
11. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
(a) The security guards.
(d) The construction workers.
12. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She is with a white co-worker.
(b) She look apologetic.
(c) She looks sick.
(d) She is too big.
13. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
(a) Madge is a prostitute.
(b) Madge wants to have sex with him.
(c) Madge is roundly disliked.
(d) He could get Madge fired.
14. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
15. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
2. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
3. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
4. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
5. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)