|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Lynch him.
(c) Stab him.
(d) Shoot him.
2. What is the white boy's name?
3. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
(a) Syrupy and thin.
(b) Excited and thick.
(c) Silky and smoothe.
(d) Tense and nervous.
4. What is the name of the union boss?
5. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The lowly workers.
(b) The black workers.
(c) The white workers.
(d) The immigrants.
6. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
(a) GIenn Ross Ships.
(b) Herbie Oil.
(c) Formby Construction Works.
(d) Atlas Shipbuilding.
7. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
8. Where is Elsie from?
(d) New York.
9. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Alice's house.
(b) The shipyard prison.
(c) The shipyard infirmary.
(d) His apartment.
10. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
11. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) The Klu-Klux-Klan.
(d) The police.
12. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(a) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
13. When do Jones and Alice want to get married?
(b) New Years.
14. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) Lead piping.
(d) A wooden staff.
15. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones phone from Hazel's house?
2. What kind of act does Jones say Madge goes into when he meets her at the end of Chapter 15?
3. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
4. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
5. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)