|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
(a) The construction workers.
(d) The security guards.
2. What is the name of the union boss?
3. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
(b) The army.
(c) White women.
4. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
5. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) The firm are sacking him.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) Alice has left him.
(d) He is being charged with rape.
6. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) San Pedro precinct.
(b) San Franciso precinct.
(c) Las Vegas precinct.
(d) Orange County precinct.
7. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
(b) Picking cotton.
(c) Wanting white women.
(d) White men dancing.
8. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
9. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Work for no money for a while.
(b) Prove he can behave himself.
(c) Apologize to Madge.
(d) Do community service.
10. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
(a) By confronting Madge.
(b) By killing the white boy.
(c) By hurting himself.
(d) By going to the bar.
11. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(a) A weapon.
(b) A drink.
12. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He is going to go to prison.
(b) He is going to be controlled by white people.
(c) He is going to get fired.
(d) He going to have to conform.
13. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
14. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
15. What does Don give Jones?
(a) Madge's telephone number.
(b) A contact for a friend.
(c) Madge's address.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Houghton tell the court?
2. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
3. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
4. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
5. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)