|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) Thousands of Klu-Klux-Klan.
(c) His parents.
(d) Millions of white women.
2. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) A drive-in restaurant.
(b) A drive-in-movie theater.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Her house.
3. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
4. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He going to have to conform.
(b) He is going to go to prison.
(c) He is going to get fired.
(d) He is going to be controlled by white people.
5. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
(a) His country.
(b) His fellow humans.
(c) His fellow blacks.
(d) His fellow workers.
6. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A bell.
(c) An inspection.
(d) A police raid.
7. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
8. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
(a) A zoo.
(b) A movie.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A lecture.
9. Where is Madge staying?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) Her cousin's house.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A shack.
10. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
(a) Madge is roundly disliked.
(b) Madge wants to have sex with him.
(c) He could get Madge fired.
(d) Madge is a prostitute.
11. What does Jones say Madge goes into when he confronts her?
(a) Her frightened rabbit behavior.
(b) Her whore behavior.
(c) Her trap.
(d) Her act.
12. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She looks sick.
(b) She is with a white co-worker.
(c) She look apologetic.
(d) She is too big.
13. What is the name of the union boss?
14. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(c) His job.
15. What does Madge tell Don a nigger gave her?
(a) Bad gear.
(b) A punch.
(c) A scare.
(d) A bit of lip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones feel when he wakes up from his dream?
2. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
4. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
5. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)