|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She looks sick.
(b) She look apologetic.
(c) She is too big.
(d) She is with a white co-worker.
2. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(a) A drink.
(b) A weapon.
3. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
4. What kind of joke does Jones overhear Kelly tell?
(a) A dirty joke.
(b) A war joke.
(c) A racist joke.
(d) A sexist joke.
5. What does Jones say Alice has done to her face in Chapter 16?
(a) Scratched it.
(b) Powdered it.
(c) Ruined it.
(d) Bruised it.
6. Who does Houghton hope Jones will be a good example to?
(a) His fellow workers.
(b) His fellow humans.
(c) His country.
(d) His fellow blacks.
7. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
8. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(b) White power.
9. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
(a) Killing Stoddart.
(b) Settling in Florida.
(c) Raping Madge.
(d) Having children with Alice.
10. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
11. What does Don give Jones?
(a) A contact for a friend.
(b) Madge's address.
(c) Madge's telephone number.
(d) A gun.
12. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
13. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
(a) Threatening behavior.
(b) Drug dealing.
14. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
(a) By hurting himself.
(b) By confronting Madge.
(c) By going to the bar.
(d) By killing the white boy.
15. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The canteen.
(b) Alice's house.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
2. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
3. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
4. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
5. Where is Madge staying?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)