|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones say Madge looks like to him?
2. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
(a) Do community service.
(b) Work for no money for a while.
(c) Prove he can behave himself.
(d) Apologize to Madge.
3. Where is Madge staying?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) A shack.
(c) Her cousin's house.
(d) A hotel.
4. What does Jones say Madge goes into when he confronts her?
(a) Her trap.
(b) Her frightened rabbit behavior.
(c) Her whore behavior.
(d) Her act.
5. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) Millions of white women.
(c) Thousands of Klu-Klux-Klan.
(d) His parents.
6. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
(a) Picking cotton.
(b) White men dancing.
(c) Wanting white women.
7. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
8. What does Don give Jones?
(a) A contact for a friend.
(b) A gun.
(c) Madge's address.
(d) Madge's telephone number.
9. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A wooden staff.
(b) A brick.
(c) Lead piping.
(d) A knife.
10. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
11. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To have stability.
(b) To leave America.
(c) To marry Alice.
(d) To write.
12. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The Klu-Klux-Klan.
(c) The police.
(d) Her husband.
13. What does Edda warn Jones on the phone?
(a) She has changed the locks.
(b) A lynch mob is looking for him.
(c) The police are looking for him.
(d) Alice is looking forhim.
14. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
(b) Threatening behavior.
(c) Drug dealing.
15. How does Jones say he takes the power away from Madge?
(a) He threatens her.
(b) He touches her.
(c) He shouts at her.
(d) He flirts with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
2. Where is Elsie from?
3. What does Jones think is the best way of dealing with Madge?
4. What do the Mexicans say Jones already looks like?
5. What kind of joke does Jones overhear Kelly tell?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)