|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
(a) The army.
(d) White women.
2. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) Lead piping.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden staff.
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
(a) Raping Madge.
(b) Having children with Alice.
(c) Settling in Florida.
(d) Killing Stoddart.
4. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
5. What is the white boy's name?
6. Where does Alice want Jones to go with her to?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A movie.
(d) A lecture.
7. What does Don give Jones?
(a) Madge's address.
(b) Madge's telephone number.
(c) A gun.
(d) A contact for a friend.
8. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
9. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A bell.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) A police raid.
(d) An inspection.
10. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) Alice has left him.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) He is being charged with rape.
(d) The firm are sacking him.
11. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
(a) Syrupy and thin.
(b) Silky and smoothe.
(c) Excited and thick.
(d) Tense and nervous.
12. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
(a) White men dancing.
(c) Wanting white women.
(d) Picking cotton.
13. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A police raid.
(b) A fight.
(c) A fire alarm.
(d) A bell.
14. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
(b) A weapon.
(c) A drink.
15. Why does Jones say he doesn't confront Madge?
(a) She is too big.
(b) She look apologetic.
(c) She is with a white co-worker.
(d) She looks sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
2. What is the name of the union boss?
3. Who taunts Jones in Chapter 21?
4. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
5. Where is Elsie from?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)