|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the union boss?
2. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
(a) To marry Alice.
(b) To have stability.
(c) To write.
(d) To leave America.
3. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
4. What does Don give Jones?
(a) Madge's telephone number.
(b) A contact for a friend.
(c) A gun.
(d) Madge's address.
5. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
6. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
7. What does Alice say black people need to accept?
(a) White power.
8. Where is Madge staying?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) A shack.
(c) Her cousin's house.
(d) A hotel.
9. What does Jones say is his universal desire?
(a) To be part of society.
(b) To have a place.
(c) To fall in love.
(d) To be a man.
10. Who does Madge threaten to call as Jones leaves?
(a) Her brother.
(b) The police.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The Klu-Klux-Klan.
11. What are Madge and Jones interrupted by?
(a) A bell.
(b) A fire alarm.
(c) An inspection.
(d) A police raid.
12. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) He is being charged with rape.
(b) He is being transferred.
(c) Alice has left him.
(d) The firm are sacking him.
13. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
(a) Beat her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Cure her.
(d) Have fun with her.
14. What does Jones say Alice has done to her face in Chapter 16?
(a) Ruined it.
(b) Bruised it.
(c) Powdered it.
(d) Scratched it.
15. Who does Jones find Madge with in Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
2. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
3. Where does Jones want to drive to?
4. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
5. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)