|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
(a) The government.
(b) The union.
(c) The white man.
2. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
(a) Talk to her.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Spy on her.
(d) Bring her down.
3. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(a) His job.
4. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
(a) By hurting himself.
(b) By going to the bar.
(c) By killing the white boy.
(d) By confronting Madge.
5. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) Orange County precinct.
(b) San Franciso precinct.
(c) San Pedro precinct.
(d) Las Vegas precinct.
6. What company is Mr. Houghton the head of?
(a) GIenn Ross Ships.
(b) Formby Construction Works.
(c) Atlas Shipbuilding.
(d) Herbie Oil.
7. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
8. What does Jones say Madge goes into when he confronts her?
(a) Her whore behavior.
(b) Her act.
(c) Her trap.
(d) Her frightened rabbit behavior.
9. What does Don needle Madge about?
(a) Her love of black men.
(b) Her upbringing.
(c) Her make-up.
(d) A date with her new boyfriend.
10. Where does Jones meet Alice in Chapter 19?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A drive-in restaurant.
(c) A drive-in-movie theater.
(d) Her house.
11. Where is Madge staying?
(a) Her parents' house.
(b) A hotel.
(c) Her cousin's house.
(d) A shack.
12. What kind of joke does Jones overhear Kelly tell?
(a) A dirty joke.
(b) A war joke.
(c) A racist joke.
(d) A sexist joke.
13. What does Madge accuse Jones of?
(a) Drug dealing.
(c) Threatening behavior.
14. What does Jones think Don is telling him?
(a) Madge is roundly disliked.
(b) Madge wants to have sex with him.
(c) He could get Madge fired.
(d) Madge is a prostitute.
15. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) Lead piping.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden staff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jones want to drive to?
2. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
3. What does Jones say Alice has done to her face in Chapter 16?
4. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
5. What does MacDougal say Jones has to do before he can have his job back?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)