|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) Alice has left him.
(b) He is being charged with rape.
(c) The firm are sacking him.
(d) He is being transferred.
2. What does Jones say he enjoys in Chapter 18?
(a) His job.
3. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
4. Why does Jones run away from the security guards?
(a) He knows he won't get justice.
(b) He knows he will lose Alice.
(c) He knows he will be killed.
(d) He knows he has to see Alice again.
5. How does Jones feel when he wakes up from his dream?
6. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
7. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) Lead piping.
(c) A knife.
(d) A wooden staff.
8. What does Herbie say is the only thing he wants?
9. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Drugstore supplies.
(c) A new car.
(d) His clothes.
10. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(a) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
11. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they could serve the whites.
(b) So they could work the land.
(c) So they could identified as inferior.
(d) So they didn't get sunburn.
12. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Marry Alice.
(d) Do community service.
13. Where do the two police officers send Jones when they discover he is wanted for rape?
(a) Las Vegas precinct.
(b) San Franciso precinct.
(c) San Pedro precinct.
(d) Orange County precinct.
14. What does Jones think will happen no matter what he does?
(a) He is going to be controlled by white people.
(b) He going to have to conform.
(c) He is going to get fired.
(d) He is going to go to prison.
15. Who does Jones bump into at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
2. What does Jones go to get when he leaves Leighton and Alice?
3. What does Jones dream about in Chapter 22?
4. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
5. What does Elsie say colored people prefer back home?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)