|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Jones use to describe the white woman's smiles?
2. What does Don give Jones?
(a) Madge's address.
(b) A contact for a friend.
(c) A gun.
(d) Madge's telephone number.
3. What does Houghton tell the court?
(a) Jones is a good man.
(b) Jones has a history of bad behavior.
(c) Madge has dropped the charges.
(d) Madge has admitted she lied.
4. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
(a) The mayor.
(b) The union.
(c) The government.
(d) The proper channels.
5. What does Jones ask MacDougal in Chapter 20?
(a) If he can get a transfer.
(b) If he can get married.
(c) If he can keep his job.
(d) If he can get a promotion.
6. What is Jones shocked to learn when he arrives at the security office?
(a) He is being charged with rape.
(b) Alice has left him.
(c) The firm are sacking him.
(d) He is being transferred.
7. Where does Jones want to drive to?
(b) New York.
(c) Las Vegas.
8. Who does Jones say is watching him in his dream?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) His parents.
(c) Thousands of Klu-Klux-Klan.
(d) Millions of white women.
9. What does Elsie say colored people prefer back home?
(a) Walking the countryside.
(b) Their own company.
(c) Keeping their jobs.
(d) Working hard.
10. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
(a) Have fun with her.
(b) Cure her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Beat her.
11. What kind of girls does Jones reminisce about?
(a) Thin girls.
(b) Big girls.
(c) Black girls.
(d) White girls.
12. Who does Jones bump into at the end of Chapter 18?
13. Where does Jones wake up at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) The shipyard prison.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The shipyard infirmary.
(d) Alice's house.
14. Who does Jones phone from Hazel's house?
15. What do the police officers discover in Jones' car?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dead body.
(c) Stolen money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
2. What does Jones say he wanted to do when the judge say he had to join the army?
3. Where is Jones at the beginning of Chapter 15?
4. Where is Elsie from?
5. Who does Jones confront in Chapter 13?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)