|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
(a) The army.
(b) The police force.
2. Where do Jones and Alice go shopping at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A book store.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A music store.
(d) A shoe store.
3. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
4. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Peroxide blond.
(b) Silver feathered.
(c) Mousy brown.
(d) Coal black.
5. What does Jones say he feels has crushed him at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A horse.
(b) A truck.
(c) A steel door.
(d) A car.
6. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
(a) A red light.
(b) A truck.
(c) A traffic queue.
(d) A cop.
7. What does Jones dream about at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Harrison shooting him.
(b) Being drafted into the army.
(c) Alice leaving him.
(d) The police arresting him.
8. When does the narrator say he can give the man money for the dog?
(b) In an hour.
(d) In the afternoon.
9. What does the note say that comes with the restaurant bill?
(a) Jones is not welcome back.
(b) Jones will be lynched.
(c) The restaurant has called the police.
(d) The restaurant has a job opening.
10. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
(a) Go Tell to the Mountain.
(b) Invisible Man.
(d) Native Son.
11. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
(d) The Bronx.
12. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The theater.
(c) A book club.
(d) A movie.
13. Who calls Jones at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) Mr. Harrison.
(d) Mrs. Harrison.
14. What color is the white boy's hair?
15. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conway say a buddy eats?
2. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
3. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
4. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
5. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)