|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
(a) The blond white boy.
(b) The plant's Mr. Tom.
2. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
(a) His gun.
(b) His present.
(c) The white boy's life.
(d) His future.
3. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A bible.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A map.
4. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
5. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
6. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
(a) The manager's office.
(b) The fish tank.
(c) The door.
(d) The kitchen.
7. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) To keep her guessing.
(b) To show he loves her.
(c) To make her smile.
(d) So not to muss her make up.
8. What is Alice's father's title?
9. What is the name of Jones' girlfriend?
10. What does the narrator hear Henry say next door?
(b) Shut up.
(c) Not again.
(d) Go to hell.
11. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a factory accident.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a science experiment.
(d) In a fight.
12. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
13. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
14. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
(a) Pull their ears.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Hold their burps.
(d) Pinch their noses.
15. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) Go Tell it to the Mountain.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Giovianni's Room.
(d) Invisible Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Alice's friend?
2. What was Himes' position at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
3. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
4. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
5. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)