|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Harrison think Alice and Jones should interact with more regularly?
(a) Working class people.
(b) Black people.
(c) Educated people.
(d) White people.
2. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(b) A movie.
(c) A book club.
(d) The theater.
3. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
4. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
(a) Bigger Thomas.
(b) Jimmy Crow.
(c) Malcolm Marshall.
(d) James Dean.
5. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
6. What color is the white boy's hair?
7. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Chester Himes.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Ralph Ellison.
(d) Elijah Muhammed.
8. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
(a) His future.
(b) His gun.
(c) The white boy's life.
(d) His present.
9. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) The pianist.
(b) Two sailors.
(c) Two black boys.
(d) The barman.
10. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
11. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Mousy brown.
(b) Silver feathered.
(c) Peroxide blond.
(d) Coal black.
12. What is Alice's father's title?
13. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) Giovianni's Room.
(b) Invisible Man.
(c) Native Son.
(d) Go Tell it to the Mountain.
14. What company did Himes work at as a reader?
(a) Walt Disney.
(d) Warner Brothers.
15. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
(a) A kiki.
(b) A paddy.
(c) A nigger.
(d) A spick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
2. Why does Alice say she will not be seeing Jones in the future?
3. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
4. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
5. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)