|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) The theater.
(b) A movie.
(d) A book club.
2. What does Jones say he feels has crushed him at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A truck.
(b) A steel door.
(c) A horse.
(d) A car.
3. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
(b) A coiled snake.
(c) A Jack-in-the-box.
(d) Butterfly wings.
4. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
5. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) To make her smile.
(b) So not to muss her make up.
(c) To keep her guessing.
(d) To show he loves her.
6. When does the narrator say he can give the man money for the dog?
(c) In an hour.
(d) In the afternoon.
7. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
8. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A gun.
(b) A map.
(c) A bible.
(d) A knife.
9. What is the supervisor's nationality?
10. What does Alice tell Jones she doesn't like?
(a) Being refused.
(b) Being talked dirty to.
(c) Being shouted at.
(d) Being hugged.
11. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Silver feathered.
(b) Coal black.
(c) Mousy brown.
(d) Peroxide blond.
12. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A enigmatic smile.
(b) A killer's smile.
(c) A blank stare.
(d) A sexual stare.
13. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He breaks a vase.
(b) He kicks a dog.
(c) He hits a guest.
(d) He slaps Alice.
14. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
15. How did Himes injure himself at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
(a) He got beaten up.
(b) He walked through a glass door.
(c) He fell down an elevator shaft.
(d) He stepped in front of a taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
2. Who does Jones drive out to see at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What do the police officers call Jones and Alice?
4. Why does Alice hang up on Jones?
5. Who does Mrs. Harrison think Alice and Jones should interact with more regularly?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)