|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice say she will not be seeing Jones in the future?
(a) He is unkind to her.
(b) He has no money.
(c) He is too aggressive.
(d) He acted badly.
2. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
3. What was the name of the shipyard the narrator worked at?
4. What company did Himes work at as a reader?
(a) Walt Disney.
(d) Warner Brothers.
5. What is the name of Himes' favorite brother?
6. What does the note say that comes with the restaurant bill?
(a) Jones will be lynched.
(b) The restaurant has a job opening.
(c) Jones is not welcome back.
(d) The restaurant has called the police.
7. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
(a) Bigger Thomas.
(b) James Dean.
(c) Jimmy Crow.
(d) Malcolm Marshall.
8. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
(a) An axe.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A shiv.
(d) A screw driver.
9. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
10. What is the supervisor's nationality?
11. What does Mrs. Harrison think it is important to keep moving forward?
(a) Integration with the whites.
(b) The civil rights movement.
(d) Education for all.
12. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
13. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
(a) Iron mongering.
14. What problem do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) The international problem.
(b) The American problem.
(c) The white problem.
(d) The Negro probem.
15. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
(a) A nigger.
(b) A spick.
(c) A paddy.
(d) A kiki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
2. What does Jones call Madge when she insults him?
3. What kind of pass does Jones get at the beginning of Chapter 5?
4. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What position does McDougall say he is demoting Jones to?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)