|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
(b) Iron mongering.
2. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
(a) The Live Room.
(b) The Red Room.
(c) The Beat Room.
(d) The Rest Room.
3. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Richard Wright.
(b) Chester Himes.
(c) Ralph Ellison.
(d) Elijah Muhammed.
4. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
5. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
(a) A dagger.
(b) An axe.
(c) A shiv.
(d) A screw driver.
6. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A killer's smile.
(b) A enigmatic smile.
(c) A sexual stare.
(d) A blank stare.
7. Where does Jones drop off the white hitchhikers?
(a) The bingo hall.
(b) The casino.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The football stadium.
8. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He hits a guest.
(b) He slaps Alice.
(c) He breaks a vase.
(d) He kicks a dog.
9. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
(a) The white boy's life.
(b) His gun.
(c) His present.
(d) His future.
10. What does Jones call Madge when she insults him?
(a) A cracker bitch.
(b) A white whore.
(c) A slut.
(d) A nigger lover.
11. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
(a) As if something was after her.
(b) As if she wanted to die.
(c) As if she was in labor.
(d) As if she was possessed.
12. What is the name of Jones' girlfriend?
13. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A map.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A bible.
14. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
15. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Himes injure himself at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
2. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
3. What position does McDougall say he is demoting Jones to?
4. Where does the narrator say the rich white folks live?
5. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)