|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
(a) Butterfly wings.
(b) A Jack-in-the-box.
(c) A coiled snake.
2. What kind of pass does Jones get at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A travel pass.
(b) A sick pass.
(c) A food pass.
(d) A worker's pass.
3. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
(a) The plant's Mr. Tom.
(b) The blond white boy.
4. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
(a) A screw driver.
(b) A shiv.
(c) A dagger.
(d) An axe.
5. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) Two black boys.
(b) Two sailors.
(c) The barman.
(d) The pianist.
6. What is Jones and Alice's table next to?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The door.
(c) The manager's office.
(d) The fish tank.
7. Who does Jones drive out to see at the end of Chapter 9?
(d) The white boy.
8. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
(a) Hold their burps.
(b) Jump up and down.
(c) Pinch their noses.
(d) Pull their ears.
9. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
(a) Have some fun.
(b) Hurt some white people.
(c) Make out.
(d) Drive to another city.
10. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Chester Himes.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) Elijah Muhammed.
(d) Ralph Ellison.
11. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He breaks a vase.
(b) He hits a guest.
(c) He slaps Alice.
(d) He kicks a dog.
12. Which of the girls in Alice's sitting room does Jones say has brown colored skin?
13. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) To make her smile.
(b) To show he loves her.
(c) To keep her guessing.
(d) So not to muss her make up.
14. What does Jones discover one of his purchases has turned into?
(a) An ax.
(b) A gun.
(c) A pen.
(d) A knife.
15. What is Alice's father's title?
Short Answer Questions
1. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
2. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
3. What does Himes do to protect him from the screws and the convicts?
4. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)