|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) He kicks a dog.
(b) He breaks a vase.
(c) He hits a guest.
(d) He slaps Alice.
2. Who wrote Native Son?
(a) Ralph Ellison.
(b) Chester Himes.
(c) Richard Wright.
(d) Elijah Muhammed.
3. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
4. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) To keep her guessing.
(b) To make her smile.
(c) To show he loves her.
(d) So not to muss her make up.
5. What does Alice tell Jones he should plead for?
(a) His future.
(b) His job.
(c) His family.
(d) Her hand.
6. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
(a) Coal black.
(b) Peroxide blond.
(c) Silver feathered.
(d) Mousy brown.
7. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
8. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A map.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bible.
(d) A knife.
9. What does Jones say he has in the palm of his hand?
(a) The white boy's life.
(b) His gun.
(c) His future.
(d) His present.
10. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
11. Where do the two patrol officers take Jones and Alice?
(a) A forest.
(c) The lakes.
(d) The police station.
12. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
13. When does the narrator say he can give the man money for the dog?
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In an hour.
14. Where does Jones drop off the white hitchhikers?
(a) The bingo hall.
(b) The movie theater.
(c) The football stadium.
(d) The casino.
15. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) The barman.
(b) Two sailors.
(c) The pianist.
(d) Two black boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
2. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
3. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
4. Who calls Jones at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What is Alice's father's title?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)