|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice hang up on Jones?
(a) He talks about other woman.
(b) He talks dirty to her.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He refuses to see her.
2. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
3. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
4. Who does Mrs. Harrison think Alice and Jones should interact with more regularly?
(a) Black people.
(b) White people.
(c) Educated people.
(d) Working class people.
5. What kind of pass does Jones get at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) A worker's pass.
(b) A travel pass.
(c) A sick pass.
(d) A food pass.
6. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
7. What book do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) Go Tell it to the Mountain.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Giovianni's Room.
(d) Invisible Man.
8. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
(a) Nazi pilots.
(b) Japanese piolts.
(c) British pilots.
(d) Italian pilots.
9. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
10. In which state was Himes born?
(a) New York.
11. What is the name of Himes' favorite brother?
12. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
13. What does the narrator hear Henry say next door?
(a) Shut up.
(b) Go to hell.
(c) Not again.
14. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
(d) San Francisco.
15. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
Short Answer Questions
1. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
2. What restaurant does Jones go to after his argument with Alice?
3. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
4. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
5. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)