|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones drive out to see at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) The white boy.
2. Where does the narrator say the rich white folks live?
(a) George Town.
(b) Orange County.
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
(a) Go Tell to the Mountain.
(b) Native Son.
(c) Invisible Man.
4. What does Jones say he feels has crushed him at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) A car.
(b) A horse.
(c) A truck.
(d) A steel door.
5. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
6. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a fight.
(b) In a factory accident.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a science experiment.
7. Who does Mrs. Harrison think Alice and Jones should interact with more regularly?
(a) White people.
(b) Working class people.
(c) Educated people.
(d) Black people.
8. What does the note say that comes with the restaurant bill?
(a) Jones is not welcome back.
(b) The restaurant has a job opening.
(c) Jones will be lynched.
(d) The restaurant has called the police.
9. Where do Jones and Alice go shopping at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A music store.
(b) A book store.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A drugstore.
10. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
(a) British pilots.
(b) Japanese piolts.
(c) Italian pilots.
(d) Nazi pilots.
11. Where does Jones say all his friends are?
(a) The police force.
(c) The army.
12. What does Alice tell Jones she doesn't like?
(a) Being shouted at.
(b) Being talked dirty to.
(c) Being refused.
(d) Being hugged.
13. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
(a) Going back to a warm house.
(b) Killing the white boy.
(c) Sleeping with Alice.
(d) Picking up his paycheck.
14. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
(a) Make out.
(b) Drive to another city.
(c) Have some fun.
(d) Hurt some white people.
15. What people does the narrator say were sent away?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Black Boy kill Marie with?
2. What city did the narrator move to in 1941?
3. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
4. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
5. What does the narrator carry his muscle as high as?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)