|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alice say she wants to do instead of go home?
(a) Have some fun.
(b) Hurt some white people.
(c) Make out.
(d) Drive to another city.
2. What country did Himes move to with Lesley Packard?
3. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
4. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
5. What does the narrator carry his muscle as high as?
(a) His ears.
(b) His chin.
(c) His forehead.
(d) His eyes.
6. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A blank stare.
(b) A enigmatic smile.
(c) A killer's smile.
(d) A sexual stare.
7. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
(a) Iron mongering.
8. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) So not to muss her make up.
(b) To show he loves her.
(c) To make her smile.
(d) To keep her guessing.
9. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
10. Who does Mr. Harrison say the Negro air fighters are intimidating in war?
(a) Nazi pilots.
(b) British pilots.
(c) Italian pilots.
(d) Japanese piolts.
11. What does Himes say he wanted to become?
(a) A southern man.
(b) A real man.
(c) A traveler.
(d) An academic.
12. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
(a) A red light.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A truck.
(d) A cop.
13. Who does Jones drive out to see at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) The white boy.
14. What does Jones put in the glove compartment of his car?
(a) A bible.
(b) A map.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
15. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones call Madge when she insults him?
2. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
3. What does Jones make reservations for at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
5. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)