Short Answer Key
1. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
2. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
The Quality of Hurt.
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
4. What is the name of the hero of Native Son?
5. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
6. What does Himes say he wanted to become?
A real man.
7. What is slang for a white nigger?
8. What is the name of Himes' favorite brother?
9. In which state was Himes born?
10. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
Pinch their noses.
11. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
12. What name is Himes derived from?
13. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
14. How was Chester's...
This section contains 2,035 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)