|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) Two black boys.
(b) The barman.
(c) The pianist.
(d) Two sailors.
2. What do Jones' co-workers joke about in Chapter 15?
(a) White men dancing.
(b) Wanting white women.
(d) Picking cotton.
3. What drink does Jones pick up for his meeting with Madge?
4. Who do Jones and his friends say they should be fighting?
(a) The white man.
(b) The government.
(d) The union.
5. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
(a) So they didn't get sunburn.
(b) So they could identified as inferior.
(c) So they could serve the whites.
(d) So they could work the land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Conway say a buddy eats?
2. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
4. Who attends the lecture with Jones and Alice?
5. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)