|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 and 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
(b) Calling Out.
(c) The Quality of Hurt.
(d) An Unheard Voice.
2. What does the judge say Jones must do to avoid the gun possession charge?
(a) Marry Alice.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Do community service.
(d) Join the army.
3. What does Jones call Madge when she insults him?
(a) A white whore.
(b) A nigger lover.
(c) A cracker bitch.
(d) A slut.
4. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a science experiment.
(c) In a factory accident.
(d) In a fight.
5. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) Two black boys.
(b) Two sailors.
(c) The pianist.
(d) The barman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
2. What race was Chester's grandfather's slaveholder?
3. Who does Jones try to contact on his break in Chapter 18?
4. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
5. Who does Herbie say Jones must make his complaint through?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)