|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Don needle Madge about?
(a) A date with her new boyfriend.
(b) Her love of black men.
(c) Her make-up.
(d) Her upbringing.
2. Who does Jones say the white girl is attracted to?
(a) The barman.
(b) Two black boys.
(c) Two sailors.
(d) The pianist.
3. What does Himes do to protect him from the screws and the convicts?
4. Where do the two patrol officers take Jones and Alice?
(a) The police station.
(c) The lakes.
(d) A forest.
5. What does Jones pick up as a weapon before he confronts the white boy?
(a) A brick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A wooden staff.
(d) Lead piping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
2. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
3. What kills Alice in Chapter 12 in Jones' dream?
4. Which of his co-workers does Jones talk to Alice about?
5. What thought does Jones say keeps him happy through dinner?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)