|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jones say he kisses Alice lightly?
(a) So not to muss her make up.
(b) To show he loves her.
(c) To keep her guessing.
(d) To make her smile.
2. What stops the conversation between Jones and Madge?
(a) A bell.
(b) A fight.
(c) A police raid.
(d) A fire alarm.
3. Who does Jones say the union has never supported?
(a) The lowly workers.
(b) The black workers.
(c) The white workers.
(d) The immigrants.
4. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
5. What does Jones tell Alice he is desperate for her to understand?
(a) His past.
(b) His love.
(c) His longing.
(d) His fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say he is desperate to do to Madge in Chapter 18?
2. What is the name of the hero of the Lonely Crusade?
3. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
4. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
5. What does Jones decide is the only thing he ever wanted?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)