|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones describe Madge's voice?
(a) Silky and smoothe.
(b) Syrupy and thin.
(c) Tense and nervous.
(d) Excited and thick.
2. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
3. What do the white and black boy fight with in Jones' dream?
4. What is Jones choosing at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(b) Drugstore supplies.
(c) His clothes.
(d) A new car.
5. What country did Himes move to with Lesley Packard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
2. What does the narrator carry his muscle as high as?
3. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
4. How is Elsie related to Madge?
5. Who does Jones say he wants to kill?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)