|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9, 10 and 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Himes' position at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
2. Who is with the white girl Jones meets at the restaurant?
(a) Two black men.
(b) Two construction workers.
(c) Two sailors.
(d) Two pimps.
3. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
4. How does Jones say Alice drives through the city?
(a) As if she wanted to die.
(b) As if she was possessed.
(c) As if something was after her.
(d) As if she was in labor.
5. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
(a) A truck.
(b) A traffic queue.
(c) A cop.
(d) A red light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear Henry say next door?
2. What does Jones tell Alice he is desperate for her to understand?
3. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
4. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
5. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)