|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a fight.
(c) In a science experiment.
(d) In a factory accident.
2. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
(a) A Jack-in-the-box.
(b) Butterfly wings.
(d) A coiled snake.
3. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
(a) A killer's smile.
(b) A enigmatic smile.
(c) A sexual stare.
(d) A blank stare.
4. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
5. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
(a) Invisible Man.
(c) Go Tell to the Mountain.
(d) Native Son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the supervisor's nationality?
2. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
3. What name is Himes derived from?
4. What subject did Cheser's mother teach in Georgia?
5. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)