|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
(a) A nigger.
(b) A spick.
(c) A paddy.
(d) A kiki.
2. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
(a) Iron mongering.
3. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
(a) San Francisco.
4. What was the name of the shipyard the narrator worked at?
5. How did Himes injure himself at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
(a) He walked through a glass door.
(b) He stepped in front of a taxi.
(c) He got beaten up.
(d) He fell down an elevator shaft.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say caught him in Manchester?
2. What was Himes' position at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
3. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
4. What is the name of the woman the supervisor directs the narrator to?
5. What name is Himes derived from?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)