|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator hear Henry say next door?
(a) Go to hell.
(c) Shut up.
(d) Not again.
2. What does the narrator say he felt a crazy impulse to do?
3. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) In a science experiment.
(c) In a factory accident.
(d) In a fight.
4. What did Himes steal from the wealthy elderly couple?
5. When does the narrator say he can give the man money for the dog?
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In an hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the color of Alice's hair?
2. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
3. What did Himes' mother encourage her sons to do so they wouldn't grow flat?
4. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
5. What does Jones call Madge when she insults him?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)