|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alice say she will not be seeing Jones in the future?
(a) He has no money.
(b) He acted badly.
(c) He is too aggressive.
(d) He is unkind to her.
2. What word best describes what Jones thinks about Mr. Harrison?
3. Where do Jones and Alice go shopping at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A book store.
(b) A shoe store.
(c) A music store.
(d) A drugstore.
4. What city did the narrator move to in 1941?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. What was Himes' position at the Wade Park Manor Hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alice introduce Leighton as?
2. When does the narrator say he can give the man money for the dog?
3. What does Jones talk to his friends about in Chapter 13?
4. What did Himes' father teach at the Lincoln Institute?
5. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)