|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Himes' favorite brother?
2. Where was Chester Himes in 1953?
(a) San Francisco.
3. How was Chester's brother blinded?
(a) In a science experiment.
(b) In a fight.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a factory accident.
4. How does the narrator describe the shape of Alice's face?
5. What is the name of Himes' autobiography?
(a) Calling Out.
(b) The Quality of Hurt.
(d) An Unheard Voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones decide is the only way he calm himself after hearing Kelly's joke?
2. What is the name of Madge's supervisor?
3. Which of Wright's novels did Baldwin feel threatened by?
4. What does Don tell Jones he should do to Madge?
5. What company did Himes work at as a reader?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)