|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12, 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did the narrator move to in 1941?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
2. What does Jones say he does with a sudden violent gesture in Chapter 10?
(a) Shouts out.
(b) Jumps to his feet.
(c) Hits the wall.
(d) Kicks the table.
3. Where does Jones drop off the white hitchhikers?
(a) The casino.
(b) The bingo hall.
(c) The movie theater.
(d) The football stadium.
4. Where do the two patrol officers take Jones and Alice?
(a) The police station.
(c) The lakes.
(d) A forest.
5. What does Johnny threaten to do if Johnny ever comes around his house again?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Shoot him.
(c) Lynch him.
(d) Stab him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jones say in sees in Johnny's eyes?
2. How does Jones take out his frustrations at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What does Don give Jones?
4. What part of New York did Himes' two fictional policeman come from?
5. What does the narrator say he intimidates the fearful white woman with?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)