|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15, 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem do Leighton and the girls talk about?
(a) The American problem.
(b) The international problem.
(c) The Negro probem.
(d) The white problem.
2. What color is the white boy's hair?
3. Who does Madge say she refuses to work with?
(a) A spick.
(b) A kiki.
(c) A paddy.
(d) A nigger.
4. What does the narrator say he doesn't have to marry?
5. Where do Jones and Alice go shopping at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) A music store.
(b) A drugstore.
(c) A shoe store.
(d) A book store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Elsie think God made colored people different from whites?
2. What is the name of the light colored girl in Alice's sitting room?
3. What does Conway say a buddy eats?
4. What does the narrator say a feeling settles in his stomach like?
5. What was the name of the theater the narrator went to the previous night?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)