|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the structural elements of "Idylls of the King." Identify and define the voice, tense, and verse style of the poems in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious allusion in "Idylls of the King." What symbols are used to reflect this common theme and backdrop to the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Arthur and Lancelot in "Idylls of the King." How are these men similar? How are they different?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)