|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
2. Who does Pelleas fight in the ending of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
4. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
5. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Essay Topic 1
How is irony employed in "Gareth and Lynette" and in "Geraint and Enid"? How does the use of irony play into the stories' structure?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the characters of Vivien and Guinevere. How are these characters similar? How do they differ in their actions and their motivations? When do they interact in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of "trust" and of "jealousy" as they apply to the stories of "Idylls of the King." How do these themes intersect? Give examples from the text in your answer.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)