|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
3. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
5. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the structural elements of "Idylls of the King." Identify and define the voice, tense, and verse style of the poems in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tennyson's use of imagery (simile and metaphor) in the stories of "Idylls of the King." In what ways do these examples reflect the style of the Romantics?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the characters of Vivien and Guinevere. How are these characters similar? How do they differ in their actions and their motivations? When do they interact in the book?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)