|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
2. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different themes in "The Holy Grail." This is perhaps the most symbolic story of the book. What symbolism is used? What imagery? How do these tie into the major themes?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious allusion in "Idylls of the King." What symbols are used to reflect this common theme and backdrop to the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the subject of sorcery in "Idylls of the King." Who represents this concept in particular? How did this character originate? What was the medieval belief of magic?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)