Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the characters of Vivien and Guinevere. How are these characters similar? How do they differ in their actions and their motivations? When do they interact in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "humility" in "Idylls of the King." In what stories does this theme stand in the forefront? What symbols reinforce the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "social standing" and "lineage" in "Idylls of the King." Who in the stories represents the theme? How?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)