|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
3. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
4. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is irony employed in "Gareth and Lynette" and in "Geraint and Enid"? How does the use of irony play into the stories' structure?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the religious allusion in "Idylls of the King." What symbols are used to reflect this common theme and backdrop to the stories?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the structural elements of "Idylls of the King." Identify and define the voice, tense, and verse style of the poems in your answer.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)