Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Arthur leave in control of the kingdom when he goes to war in "The Last Tournament"?
2. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
5. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
Discuss the theme of "humility" in "Idylls of the King." In what stories does this theme stand in the forefront? What symbols reinforce the theme?
Discuss the subject of sorcery in "Idylls of the King." Who represents this concept in particular? How did this character originate? What was the medieval belief of magic?
Although infidelity is not the central focus of "Balin and Balan," its impact affects the emotions and actions of the characters. Describe how this occurs.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)