Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of "infidelity" in "Idylls of the King." How is this theme overriding throughout the stories? In what ways does Tennyson depict infidelity?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different themes in "The Holy Grail." This is perhaps the most symbolic story of the book. What symbolism is used? What imagery? How do these tie into the major themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the stories of "Gareth and Lynette" and "Pelleas and Ettarre." What themes do these stories share? How do they differ in their outcomes?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)