Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Discuss the depiction of love in Tennyson's "Idylls of the King." How does his depiction of love and other emotions differ from that of the medieval period?
Discuss the theme of "social standing" and "lineage" in "Idylls of the King." Who in the stories represents the theme? How?
How is irony employed in "Gareth and Lynette" and in "Geraint and Enid"? How does the use of irony play into the stories' structure?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)