Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
Discuss the theme of "revenge" in the stories of "Idylls of the King." In what stories is this theme prevalent? Which characters represent the theme?
Describe the structural elements of "Idylls of the King." Identify and define the voice, tense, and verse style of the poems in your answer.
Discuss the different themes in "The Holy Grail." This is perhaps the most symbolic story of the book. What symbolism is used? What imagery? How do these tie into the major themes?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)