|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does the Red Knight say his kingdom differs from Arthur's?
2. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A silk robe.
3. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. With whom is Guinevere having an affair in "The Last Tournament"?
5. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Percivale.
(b) Above Arthur.
(c) Above Sir Gawain.
(d) Above Sir Galahad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
2. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
4. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
5. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
3. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
4. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
5. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
6. What is the story of the ruby necklace in "The Last Tournament"?
7. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
8. How does "Pelleas and Ettarre" interplay with the other stories of Idylls of the King?
9. What is Tennyson's viewpoint of the oath of marriage in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
10. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)