|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taunts Tristram over his infidelity in "The Last Tournament"?
2. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) King Mark.
(c) King Antione.
(d) The Red Knight.
3. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
4. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(b) King Pellam's.
(c) King Lot's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
2. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
3. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
5. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
2. What theme is the backdrop of "The Holy Grail"?
3. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
4. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
5. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
6. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
7. What does Arthur ask of Bedivere in "The Passing of Arthur" regarding Excalibur? What does Bedivere do?
8. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
9. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
10. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)