|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) King Pellam's.
(c) King Lot's.
2. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
3. What does Elaine cherish in the beginning of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Lancelot's sword.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) Lancelot's shield.
(d) Arthur's shield.
4. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
5. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
2. Who initially had the vision of the Holy Grail?
3. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
5. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
2. What is Tennyson's viewpoint of the oath of marriage in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
5. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
6. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
7. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
8. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
9. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
10. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)