|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
(a) No one.
(b) The porter.
(c) The abbess.
(d) The nuns.
3. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
4. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
(a) Ruling the kingdom.
(b) Loving her.
(c) Hoping she'll return.
(d) Hating her.
5. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) The Red Knight.
(c) King Antione.
(d) King Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
3. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
4. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
2. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
3. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
4. What allegory does Tennyson refer to in "To the Queen"?
5. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
6. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
7. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
8. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
9. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
10. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)