|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) King Mark.
(c) King Pelleas.
(d) King Lot.
3. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
4. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
(a) Looking for King Arthur.
(b) Looking for Pelleas.
(c) Trying to find their way.
(d) Going to their castle.
5. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
2. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
5. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
2. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
3. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
4. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
5. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
6. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
7. What allegory does Tennyson refer to in "To the Queen"?
8. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
9. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
10. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)