|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The abbess.
(c) No one.
(d) The porter.
2. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) King Lot's.
(c) King Pellam's.
3. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
(b) Three knights.
(c) Three queens.
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
4. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Just.
(b) The Virtuous.
(c) The Kind.
(d) The Pure.
5. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
2. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
5. Who is the fool of Arthur's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
2. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
3. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
4. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
5. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
6. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
7. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
8. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
9. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
10. What allegory does Tennyson refer to in "To the Queen"?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)