|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
2. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
4. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A ruby.
(b) A crown.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A scepter.
5. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She hates violence.
(b) She is with child.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
3. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
4. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
5. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
2. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
5. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
6. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
7. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
8. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
9. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
10. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)