|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A scepter.
(b) A crown.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A diamond.
2. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
(a) Loving her.
(b) Hating her.
(c) Ruling the kingdom.
(d) Hoping she'll return.
3. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
4. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) King Mark.
(b) King Antione.
(c) King Pellam.
(d) The Red Knight.
5. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
2. What does Ettarre do once Pelleas wins the prize for her in the tournament?
3. Where do the jousts take place in the tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
5. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
2. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
3. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
5. What is the story of the ruby necklace in "The Last Tournament"?
6. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
7. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
8. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
9. What theme does Tristram represent in "The Last Tournament"? Where has this theme been seen before?
10. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)