|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Runs to him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Falls prostrate.
2. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
3. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The following year.
(b) The next week.
(c) The next day.
(d) The following hour.
5. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A silk robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elaine cherish in the beginning of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Who had brought the Holy Grail to England?
3. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
4. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur ask of Bedivere in "The Passing of Arthur" regarding Excalibur? What does Bedivere do?
2. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
3. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
4. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
5. What allegory does Tennyson refer to in "To the Queen"?
6. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
7. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
8. What theme is the backdrop of "The Holy Grail"?
9. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
10. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)