|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(d) Sir Mark's castle.
3. Who had brought the Holy Grail to England?
(a) Saint Arimathan Joseph.
(b) Saint Joseph Antithes.
(c) Saint Andrew Maridriel.
(d) Saint Terrence Antillion.
4. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
5. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) Sir Lancelot.
(b) Sir Percivale.
(c) Sir Galahad.
(d) Sir Belvidere.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelleas fight in the ending of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
2. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
3. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
4. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
5. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
2. What is the story of the ruby necklace in "The Last Tournament"?
3. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
4. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
5. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
6. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
7. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
8. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
9. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
10. What is Tennyson's viewpoint of the oath of marriage in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)