|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Guinevere entered a convent in "Guinevere"?
2. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Percivale.
(c) Sir Belvidere.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
3. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(b) The Red Knight's.
4. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She is with child.
(b) She hates violence.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
2. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
3. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
5. Arthur tells Guinevere that her sins have affected whom in "Guinevere"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
2. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
3. What theme does Tristram represent in "The Last Tournament"? Where has this theme been seen before?
4. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
5. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
6. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
7. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
8. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
9. What theme is the backdrop of "The Holy Grail"?
10. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)