|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
(a) Belvidere and Percivale.
(b) Modred and Belvidere.
(c) Modred and Percivale.
(d) Pellam and Galahad.
2. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
4. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Scare him away.
(b) Bind him and bring him in.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Ask him to summon Arthur.
5. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
(c) Three queens.
(d) Three knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Percivale go to finish the remainder of his life?
2. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. Arthur tells Guinevere that her sins have affected whom in "Guinevere"?
4. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
5. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story of the ruby necklace in "The Last Tournament"?
2. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
3. How does "Pelleas and Ettarre" interplay with the other stories of Idylls of the King?
4. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
5. Describe how pride plays into the story of "The Holy Grail."
6. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
7. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
8. What does Arthur ask of Bedivere in "The Passing of Arthur" regarding Excalibur? What does Bedivere do?
9. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
10. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)