|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pelleas fight in the ending of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
2. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. Where do the jousts take place in the tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(d) Usk Holden.
4. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(b) Sir Mark's castle.
5. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
(b) Lot's wife.
(d) Mark's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
2. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
3. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
4. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
5. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. What does the exposition reveal of the diamonds in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
4. What theme is the backdrop of "The Holy Grail"?
5. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
6. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
7. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
8. How does "Pelleas and Ettarre" interplay with the other stories of Idylls of the King?
9. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
10. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)