|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The porter.
(c) No one.
(d) The abbess.
3. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A silk robe.
4. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) Her kingdom.
(c) Her forgiveness.
(d) Her love.
5. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) Three queens.
(b) Three knights.
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
3. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
2. How does Tennyson break apart from the medieval vision of love in "Lancelot and Elaine" - and essentially in the book as a whole?
3. What does Arthur ask of Bedivere in "The Passing of Arthur" regarding Excalibur? What does Bedivere do?
4. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
6. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
7. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
8. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
9. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
10. What theme is the backdrop of "The Holy Grail"?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)