|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arthur tell Guinevere he hopes to see her again in "Guinevere"?
(a) Her country.
(d) The convent.
2. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) Sir Lancelot.
(b) Sir Belvidere.
(c) Sir Percivale.
(d) Sir Galahad.
4. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(d) A black knight.
5. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A ruby.
(c) A crown.
(d) A scepter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelleas fight in the ending of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
2. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
3. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
5. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the allusions to Christ in "The Passing of Arthur."
2. Who arrives before the tournament in "The Last Tournament" and what news does he relay?
3. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. Describe the allegory of the human soul in "Guinevere."
5. What is Arthur's justification for his anger at the knights for taking the oath in "The Holy Grail"?
6. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
7. What allegory does Tennyson refer to in "To the Queen"?
8. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
9. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
10. How does Tennyson's version of "Lancelot and Elaine" embody Romantic notions of love?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)