|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Lancelot previously won Arthur's tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
(a) Trying to find their way.
(b) Going to their castle.
(c) Looking for Pelleas.
(d) Looking for King Arthur.
3. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A king's.
(b) A knight's.
(c) A nunnery.
(d) A holy hermit's.
4. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Percivale.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
5. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
2. What does Arthur ask be thrown into the ocean on his death bed?
3. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
4. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
5. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
2. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
3. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
4. What is the principle plot of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
5. How does Tennyson depict Gawain in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
6. What is the story of the ruby necklace in "The Last Tournament"?
7. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
8. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
9. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
10. What theme does Tristram represent in "The Last Tournament"? Where has this theme been seen before?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)