|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Gareth's mother?
2. Where did Vivien's mother die?
(a) In Camelot.
(b) In a chapel.
(c) In the Queen's quarters.
(d) On her father's corpse.
3. Whom does Enid overhear plotting to kill Geraint on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
4. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
5. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
(a) Make them fall in love.
(b) Make them sorrowful.
(c) Imprison them.
(d) Kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geraint is what as well as a knight in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
3. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. What is the name of Arthur's sword?
5. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
2. What is Vivien's goal for Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"? What is her motivation?
3. What warning does Enid give Geraint about the Earl in "Geraint and Enid"? What is his reaction?
4. What finally convinces Leodogran of Arthur's nobility?
5. What is the controversy over Arthur's birth in "The Coming of the King"? What does this have to do with the central plot of Arthur's objective in the story?
6. How does Guinevere's infidelity lead indirectly to Balin's downfall? What religious allusion exists in this story?
7. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
8. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
9. What discussion do King Mark and Vivien have in the beginning of "Merlin and Vivien"?
10. Who does Leodogran summon to prove Arthur's birth? What do they relay?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)