|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) The evil in the world.
(b) His longing for love.
(c) His age.
(d) The affair of Guinevere's.
2. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
3. What does Merlin tell Vivien of the book in which the spell is written in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) It is unholy.
(b) It is deadly.
(c) It is in a language she won't know.
(d) It is invisible.
4. In the Dedication, what would steal and devour the children in the land where Guinevere lived?
5. What kind of weapons does Geraint wield in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
2. Who raised Arthur?
3. What does Balin do after he suspects the Queen is unfaithful?
4. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
5. Geraint is what as well as a knight in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally convinces Leodogran of Arthur's nobility?
2. What is the importance of royal blood to King Leodogran?
3. What is the state of England in "The Coming of Arthur"? Upon whose kingdom is the point of focus?
4. Describe the character of Edyrn between "The Marriage of Geraint" and "Geraint and Enid."
5. Who do Enid and Geraint encounter along their path in "Geraint and Enid"? What takes place?
6. What warning does Enid give Geraint about the Earl in "Geraint and Enid"? What is his reaction?
7. How does Edyrn's transformation have religious undertones?
8. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
9. What is the problem that Lynette turns to Arthur for help with?
10. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)