|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
2. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(b) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) King Mark.
(d) The Queen.
3. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
4. To whom is Gorlos married?
5. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
2. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
3. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. Why doesn't Enid succeed in warning Geraint initially of the coming attack by her former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edyrn's transformation have religious undertones?
2. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
3. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
4. How is the love affair between Guinevere and Lancelot presented differently by Tennyson than in the Medieval legends?
5. What does Balin do once Balan has left on his mission for Arthur?
6. Why does Geraint insist that Enid wear her old silk dress to Camelot?
7. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
8. What justification is there in Vivien's attempts to expose the scandals of the royal palace?
9. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
10. What discussion do King Mark and Vivien have in the beginning of "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)