|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
2. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
3. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
4. Whom did Arthur send to bring Guinevere to him?
5. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is reformed.
(b) Doorm is dead.
(c) Doorm is wounded.
(d) Arthur is in danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
2. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
3. Who hears a minstrel of Guinevere and Lancelot with Vivien in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. Where did Vivien's mother die?
5. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Vivien's goal for Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"? What is her motivation?
2. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
3. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
4. Who "stops in" on Geraint and Enid in "Geraint and Enid"? Where are they?
5. How does Guinevere's infidelity lead indirectly to Balin's downfall? What religious allusion exists in this story?
6. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
7. What finally convinces Leodogran of Arthur's nobility?
8. Describe how the theme of humility applies in "Gareth and Lynette."
9. Who do Enid and Geraint encounter along their path in "Geraint and Enid"? What takes place?
10. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)