|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Wounds him and leaves him living.
(b) Has him hanged.
(c) Removes his head.
(d) Stabs him through the heart.
2. What does Vivien accuse Merlin of using the spell to do for his own use in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Trapping women.
(b) Trapping children.
(c) Killing children.
(d) Killing knights.
3. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
4. Who goes in secret and defeats Balin and Balan?
5. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) King Mark.
(b) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) The Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Guinevere arrive at Camelot?
2. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
3. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
4. The men in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint" are only allowed to participate if they have who with them?
5. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the concept of emotion viewed differently from the medieval period than the Romantic period? How is this reflected symbolically in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. Why does Geraint leave Camelot in "The Marriage of Geraint"? What is thought by others of his leaving?
3. Who "stops in" on Geraint and Enid in "Geraint and Enid"? Where are they?
4. What is the problem that Lynette turns to Arthur for help with?
5. Why does Geraint insist that Enid wear her old silk dress to Camelot?
6. What decision on Arthur's part shocks the court in "Gareth and Lynette"?
7. What is the importance of royal blood to King Leodogran?
8. How is the love affair between Guinevere and Lancelot presented differently by Tennyson than in the Medieval legends?
9. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
10. What discussion do King Mark and Vivien have in the beginning of "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)