|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
2. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) The Red Knight's.
3. Who goes in secret and defeats Balin and Balan?
4. Who does not trust Gareth when he arrives at Arthur's court and treats him meanly?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Mark.
(d) Sir Kay.
5. By what are Balin and Balan located outside Camelot in the beginning of "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A fountain.
(b) A meadow.
(c) A tree.
(d) A mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
2. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. Who is the one person who stops after Geraint has collapsed at the side of the road in "Geraint and Enid"?
4. Arthur's knights claim that two men know the truth of Arthur's birth. These are Merlin and who?
5. Geraint's peers attribute his leaving Arthur's circle as a loss of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the theme of humility applies in "Gareth and Lynette."
2. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
3. How is the concept of emotion viewed differently from the medieval period than the Romantic period? How is this reflected symbolically in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. Who does Leodogran summon to prove Arthur's birth? What do they relay?
5. How are women and men characterized in "Gareth and Lynette"?
6. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
7. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
8. Why does Geraint insist that Enid wear her old silk dress to Camelot?
9. From where did the story of "Balin and Balan" originate?
10. What is the state of England in "The Coming of Arthur"? Upon whose kingdom is the point of focus?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)