|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Earl Uriel.
(b) Earl Yniol.
(c) King Uther.
(d) King Mark.
2. Who is Guinevere's father?
3. Gareth's mother allows him to go to Arthur's court on the condition that he work where first?
(a) The garden.
(b) The farm.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The stables.
4. Who professes that his new-found virtue is a result of having been beaten by Geraint?
(d) Earl Doorm.
5. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Geraint eventually die?
2. Who hears a minstrel of Guinevere and Lancelot with Vivien in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. What is the second tactic that Vivien uses on Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. Whom did Arthur send to bring Guinevere to him?
5. What word does Vivien hear Merlin say which throws her into a rage in "Merlin and Vivien"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
2. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
3. What is the controversy over Arthur's birth in "The Coming of the King"? What does this have to do with the central plot of Arthur's objective in the story?
4. Describe how the theme of humility applies in "Gareth and Lynette."
5. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
6. What discussion do King Mark and Vivien have in the beginning of "Merlin and Vivien"?
7. Discuss irony as it applies to the story of "Geraint and Enid" in a medieval sense.
8. Who do Enid and Geraint encounter along their path in "Geraint and Enid"? What takes place?
9. How is the love affair between Guinevere and Lancelot presented differently by Tennyson than in the Medieval legends?
10. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)