|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
2. Who raised Arthur?
(b) Sir Anton.
3. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. What does Earl Doorm try to convince Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Geraint does not love her.
(b) Geraint is dead.
(c) Geraint is not her husband.
(d) Geraint has left.
5. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
2. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
3. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
4. Geraint is what as well as a knight in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
5. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the allegory of Eden in "Guinevere."
2. Describe the character of Edyrn between "The Marriage of Geraint" and "Geraint and Enid."
3. What does Arthur think of the night before the battle in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. What does Guinevere represent to Balin in "Balin and Balan"? How does this affect his actions?
5. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
6. What is the major theme of "Merlin and Vivien"?
7. What does Percivale give as the exposition of how the Holy Grail came about?
8. What can desire do to the human soul, as per the allegory in "Guinevere"? What of anger?
9. What is taking place in the beginning of "Guinevere"?
10. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)