|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Vivien's mother die?
(a) In Camelot.
(b) On her father's corpse.
(c) In the Queen's quarters.
(d) In a chapel.
2. What word does Vivien hear Merlin say which throws her into a rage in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. For how long does Gareth's mother insist he do menial work for Arthur before becoming a knight?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One year.
4. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
5. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Traveling too fast.
(b) Traveling too slow.
(d) Speaking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the King of Lot's wife, as mentioned in the Dedication?
2. Whose mission is it to hunt the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
3. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
5. Who raised Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
2. Describe how the theme of humility applies in "Gareth and Lynette."
3. Who does Leodogran summon to prove Arthur's birth? What do they relay?
4. What is the major theme of "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. Who "stops in" on Geraint and Enid in "Geraint and Enid"? Where are they?
6. Why does Bellicent instate her condition for Gareth's joining Arthur's court? What is the condition?
7. What decision on Arthur's part shocks the court in "Gareth and Lynette"?
8. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
9. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
10. Why does Geraint insist that Enid wear her old silk dress to Camelot?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)