|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
(a) Sir Belvidere.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Kay.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
2. What does Vivien accuse Merlin of using the spell to do for his own use in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Killing children.
(b) Killing knights.
(c) Trapping women.
(d) Trapping children.
3. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
4. When did Guinevere arrive at Camelot?
5. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
2. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
3. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
4. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
5. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story of "The Marriage of Geraint," what does the dwarf do to Guinevere's maiden and Geraint? What does Geraint vow?
2. How does Guinevere's infidelity lead indirectly to Balin's downfall? What religious allusion exists in this story?
3. What does Balin do once Balan has left on his mission for Arthur?
4. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
5. What is the state of England in "The Coming of Arthur"? Upon whose kingdom is the point of focus?
6. How does Edyrn's transformation have religious undertones?
7. What decision on Arthur's part shocks the court in "Gareth and Lynette"?
8. Describe the character of Edyrn between "The Marriage of Geraint" and "Geraint and Enid."
9. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
10. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)