|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the woodsman tell Balin he believes gave the wood spirits invisible powers in "Balin and Balan"?
2. The three people who pass Geraint in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint" are a woman, a knight, and a what?
3. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) A book.
(b) A branch.
4. What word does Vivien hear Merlin say which throws her into a rage in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. How does Geraint eventually die?
(a) Fighting against Arthur.
(b) In a monastery.
(c) Serving Arthur.
(d) In the arms of Enid.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
2. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
3. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
4. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
5. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Arthur ask of Bedivere in "The Passing of Arthur" regarding Excalibur? What does Bedivere do?
2. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
3. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
4. How is Lancelot's character depicted in "Pelleas and Ettarre"? How does this differ than in the previous stories?
5. What is the principle theme of "Gareth and Lynette"?
6. What decision on Arthur's part shocks the court in "Gareth and Lynette"?
7. In the story of "The Marriage of Geraint," what does the dwarf do to Guinevere's maiden and Geraint? What does Geraint vow?
8. Why does Geraint leave Camelot in "The Marriage of Geraint"? What is thought by others of his leaving?
9. How does Edyrn's transformation have religious undertones?
10. What is happening to Camelot in "The Last Tournament"?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)