|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
2. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
3. When did Guinevere arrive at Camelot?
4. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
5. Arthur's knights claim that two men know the truth of Arthur's birth. These are Merlin and who?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
2. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
3. Who raised Arthur?
4. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
5. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Guinevere's infidelity lead indirectly to Balin's downfall? What religious allusion exists in this story?
2. What justification is there in Vivien's attempts to expose the scandals of the royal palace?
3. How are women and men characterized in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
5. From where did the story of "Balin and Balan" originate?
6. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
7. What tactic does Vivien use on Guinevere in "Merlin and Vivien"?
8. What is Arthur's question for Balin and Balan when he summons them to court?
9. What is Balin met with at Pellam's castle in "Balin and Balan"?
10. Describe the character of Edyrn between "The Marriage of Geraint" and "Geraint and Enid."
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)