|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vivien accuse Merlin of using the spell to do for his own use in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Killing knights.
(b) Trapping women.
(c) Trapping children.
(d) Killing children.
2. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
3. Who gives Arthur his sword in the Dedication?
(c) The Lady of the Lake.
4. Whom does Vivien tell Guinevere is attempting to force her to marry him?
(a) King Mark.
(b) King Uther.
(c) King Lot.
(d) King Pellam.
5. For what do Geraint and Enid ask the peasants in their village?
(a) Their king.
(b) The chapel.
(d) A horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
2. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
3. What do some men believe is more fitting of a maiden for a knight in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
5. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are women and men characterized in "Gareth and Lynette"?
2. Why does Bellicent instate her condition for Gareth's joining Arthur's court? What is the condition?
3. What decision on Arthur's part shocks the court in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. How does the style of Romanticism appear in "The Coming of Arthur"?
5. What misunderstanding does Geraint undergo in "The Marriage of Geraint"? Why?
6. What does Balin do once Balan has left on his mission for Arthur?
7. What is the major theme of "Merlin and Vivien"?
8. What warning does Enid give Geraint about the Earl in "Geraint and Enid"? What is his reaction?
9. What does Vivien turn her attention to once her flirtations with Arthur fail in "Merlin and Vivien"? What does she want?
10. What is the state of England in "The Coming of Arthur"? Upon whose kingdom is the point of focus?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)