|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
2. Whom does the woodsman tell Balin he believes gave the wood spirits invisible powers in "Balin and Balan"?
3. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(c) The Red Knight.
4. Who raised Arthur?
(d) Sir Anton.
5. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
4. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
5. Geraint awakens to hear Enid say she is not what to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the theme of humility applies in "Gareth and Lynette."
2. Discuss irony as it applies to the story of "Geraint and Enid" in a medieval sense.
3. What is the major theme of "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. What discussion do King Mark and Vivien have in the beginning of "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. What warning does Enid give Geraint about the Earl in "Geraint and Enid"? What is his reaction?
6. Why does Bellicent instate her condition for Gareth's joining Arthur's court? What is the condition?
7. Why does Geraint insist that Enid wear her old silk dress to Camelot?
8. Who does Leodogran summon to prove Arthur's birth? What do they relay?
9. How does Edyrn's transformation have religious undertones?
10. In the story of "The Marriage of Geraint," what does the dwarf do to Guinevere's maiden and Geraint? What does Geraint vow?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)