|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
(a) The north.
(b) The east.
(c) The south.
(d) The west.
3. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She hates violence.
(d) She is with child.
4. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
(a) Her kingdom.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her forgiveness.
5. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
(a) No one.
(b) The nuns.
(c) The abbess.
(d) The porter.
6. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
7. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
8. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
9. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The abbess.
(b) The priest.
(c) A novice.
(d) The altar boy.
10. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
11. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Belvidere.
(c) Sir Lancelot.
(d) Sir Percivale.
12. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
13. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Throws it into the river.
(b) Tears it in shreds.
(c) Holds it to her breast.
(d) Throws it at him.
14. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Scare him away.
(b) Bind him and bring him in.
(c) Ask him to summon Arthur.
(d) Kill him.
15. Where does Arthur tell Guinevere he hopes to see her again in "Guinevere"?
(c) Her country.
(d) The convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
2. Who does Pelleas fight in the ending of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
4. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)