|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
(c) Mark's wife.
(d) Lot's wife.
2. Who is the fool of Arthur's castle?
3. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
(a) Belvidere and Percivale.
(b) Pellam and Galahad.
(c) Modred and Percivale.
(d) Modred and Belvidere.
4. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(d) Sir Mark's castle.
5. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
6. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
7. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) King Mark.
(c) King Pelleas.
(d) King Lot.
8. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
9. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Scare him away.
(b) Ask him to summon Arthur.
(c) Bind him and bring him in.
(d) Kill him.
10. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Just.
(b) The Pure.
(c) The Kind.
(d) The Virtuous.
11. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) An emerald necklace.
(c) A crown and scepter.
(d) A ruby necklace.
12. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
(a) The west.
(b) The north.
(c) The east.
(d) The south.
13. In what way does the Red Knight say his kingdom differs from Arthur's?
14. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(b) King Pellam's.
(c) King Lot's.
15. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
2. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
4. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)