|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(b) A black knight.
2. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(c) The Red Knight's.
3. Who is the fool of Arthur's castle?
4. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A ruby necklace.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(d) An emerald necklace.
5. Whom does Arthur leave in control of the kingdom when he goes to war in "The Last Tournament"?
6. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
7. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
8. What happens to Elaine in the end of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She is stabbed.
(b) She falls in love with Gawain.
(c) She falls in love with Merlin.
(d) She dies of heartbreak.
9. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
10. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A silk robe.
11. Where does Sir Percivale go to finish the remainder of his life?
(a) A monastery.
(b) Mark's kingdom.
(c) Lot's kingdom.
(d) The Red Knight's land.
12. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
(a) Sir Galahad.
(b) Sir Gawain.
(c) Sir Percivale.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
13. Who originally drank from the Holy Grail?
14. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
(a) Ruling the kingdom.
(b) Hating her.
(c) Loving her.
(d) Hoping she'll return.
15. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
2. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
3. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
4. Who initially had the vision of the Holy Grail?
5. Who had brought the Holy Grail to England?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)