|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fool of Arthur's castle?
2. Arthur tells Guinevere that her sins have affected whom in "Guinevere"?
(a) Her everlasting soul.
(b) Lancelot's wife.
(c) Their children.
(d) The entire kingdom.
3. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) The Red Knight.
(b) King Mark.
(c) King Antione.
(d) King Pellam.
5. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A golden circlet and a sword.
(c) A crown and a shield.
(d) A ruby necklace.
6. What does Elaine cherish in the beginning of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Arthur's shield.
(b) Lancelot's sword.
(c) Lancelot's shield.
(d) The Holy Grail.
7. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A crown and scepter.
(c) An emerald necklace.
(d) A ruby necklace.
8. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
(a) Looking for King Arthur.
(b) Looking for Pelleas.
(c) Going to their castle.
(d) Trying to find their way.
9. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
(a) The south.
(b) The west.
(c) The east.
(d) The north.
10. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
11. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A crown.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A scepter.
12. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
13. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
(a) Sir Lancelot.
(b) Sir Percivale.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Galahad.
14. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The stone wall.
(c) The river.
(d) The castle.
15. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
2. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
3. Who taunts Tristram over his infidelity in "The Last Tournament"?
4. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
5. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)