|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. With whom is Guinevere having an affair in "The Last Tournament"?
3. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Percivale.
(b) Above Arthur.
(c) Above Sir Gawain.
(d) Above Sir Galahad.
4. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Ask him to summon Arthur.
(b) Bind him and bring him in.
(c) Scare him away.
(d) Kill him.
5. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
6. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
7. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(b) King Lot's.
(d) King Pellam's.
8. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
9. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(c) A black knight.
10. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
11. How many times has Lancelot previously won Arthur's tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
12. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She hates violence.
(c) She is with child.
(d) She is angry.
13. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(d) The Red Knight.
14. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
(a) Loving her.
(b) Hoping she'll return.
(c) Ruling the kingdom.
(d) Hating her.
15. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) An emerald necklace.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(c) A ruby necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
2. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
3. Who initially had the vision of the Holy Grail?
4. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
5. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)