|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A knight's.
(b) A nunnery.
(c) A holy hermit's.
(d) A king's.
2. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
3. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
4. Who taunts Tristram over his infidelity in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Kind.
(b) The Pure.
(c) The Virtuous.
(d) The Just.
6. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
7. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Throws it into the river.
(b) Tears it in shreds.
(c) Throws it at him.
(d) Holds it to her breast.
8. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
9. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A crown and a shield.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A ruby necklace.
(d) A golden circlet and a sword.
10. Where has Guinevere entered a convent in "Guinevere"?
11. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(d) A black knight.
12. Who had brought the Holy Grail to England?
(a) Saint Terrence Antillion.
(b) Saint Arimathan Joseph.
(c) Saint Andrew Maridriel.
(d) Saint Joseph Antithes.
13. Who initially had the vision of the Holy Grail?
(a) Arthur's sister.
(b) Sir Percivale's sister.
(c) Guinevere's sister.
(d) Lancelot's sister.
14. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
15. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
4. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
5. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)