|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
2. What does Arthur ask be thrown into the ocean on his death bed?
(a) His crown.
(b) His ring.
(c) His scepter.
3. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A crown and scepter.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) An emerald necklace.
4. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
5. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
6. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The following hour.
(b) The following year.
(c) The next week.
(d) The next day.
7. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
8. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) King Lot's.
(b) King Pellam's.
9. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
10. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
11. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
12. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) A novice.
(b) The priest.
(c) The abbess.
(d) The altar boy.
13. With whom is Guinevere having an affair in "The Last Tournament"?
14. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
15. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the Red Knight say his kingdom differs from Arthur's?
2. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
3. What does Ettarre do once Pelleas wins the prize for her in the tournament?
4. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
5. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)