|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times has Lancelot previously won Arthur's tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
3. Who is engaged in battle with Arthur's forces in "Guinevere"?
4. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Runs to him.
(d) Falls prostrate.
5. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(d) A silk robe.
6. Where do the jousts take place in the tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Usk Holden.
7. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Tears it in shreds.
(b) Throws it at him.
(c) Throws it into the river.
(d) Holds it to her breast.
8. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A crown and a shield.
(d) A golden circlet and a sword.
9. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Pure.
(b) The Virtuous.
(c) The Kind.
(d) The Just.
10. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
(a) King Mark.
(b) King Pellam.
(c) King Lot.
(d) King Pelleas.
11. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(d) A black knight.
12. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The priest.
(b) A novice.
(c) The abbess.
(d) The altar boy.
13. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
14. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
(b) Three queens.
(c) Three knights.
15. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) An emerald necklace.
(b) A crown and scepter.
(c) A ruby necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
3. What does Ettarre do once Pelleas wins the prize for her in the tournament?
4. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
5. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)