|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the knights bound to search for the Holy Grail?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
2. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The priest.
(b) The altar boy.
(c) A novice.
(d) The abbess.
3. Whom does Arthur send to give the mysterious knight the tournament prize in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(b) A black knight.
5. Who is the fool of Arthur's castle?
6. Arthur tells Guinevere that her sins have affected whom in "Guinevere"?
(a) Her everlasting soul.
(b) Their children.
(c) The entire kingdom.
(d) Lancelot's wife.
7. What does Elaine cherish in the beginning of "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) Lancelot's sword.
(c) Arthur's shield.
(d) Lancelot's shield.
8. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
9. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
10. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
(a) Her kingdom.
(b) Her forgiveness.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her daughter.
11. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
12. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Runs to him.
(b) Falls prostrate.
(c) Runs away.
13. What causes great confusion in the final battle of Arthur?
14. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
15. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A holy hermit's.
(b) A nunnery.
(c) A knight's.
(d) A king's.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
2. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
4. Who taunts Tristram over his infidelity in "The Last Tournament"?
5. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)