|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) She is with child.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She hates violence.
2. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
(a) The south.
(b) The east.
(c) The north.
(d) The west.
3. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Galahad.
(b) Above Sir Percivale.
(c) Above Sir Gawain.
(d) Above Arthur.
4. In the last moments of battle in "The Passing of Arthur," who is left alive, in addition to Arthur?
(a) Belvidere and Percivale.
(b) Modred and Belvidere.
(c) Pellam and Galahad.
(d) Modred and Percivale.
5. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A golden circlet and a sword.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A crown and a shield.
(d) A diamond.
6. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A nunnery.
(b) A knight's.
(c) A king's.
(d) A holy hermit's.
7. Whom does Arthur leave in control of the kingdom when he goes to war in "The Last Tournament"?
8. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
9. Who initially had the vision of the Holy Grail?
(a) Sir Percivale's sister.
(b) Arthur's sister.
(c) Lancelot's sister.
(d) Guinevere's sister.
10. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
11. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) The Red Knight.
(c) King Mark.
(d) King Antione.
12. To whom is Tristram married in "The Last Tournament"?
13. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The stone wall.
(b) The river.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The castle.
14. How many times has Lancelot previously won Arthur's tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
15. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
2. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
3. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
5. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)