|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Guinevere entered a convent in "Guinevere"?
2. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) The Red Knight.
3. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. With what is Sir Percivale immediately with upon leaving for his search for the Grail?
(c) A black knight.
5. With whom is Guinevere having an affair in "The Last Tournament"?
6. Where does Sir Percivale go to finish the remainder of his life?
(a) The Red Knight's land.
(b) Lot's kingdom.
(c) A monastery.
(d) Mark's kingdom.
7. Arthur tells Guinevere he has not stopped what in "Guinevere"?
(a) Loving her.
(b) Hoping she'll return.
(c) Ruling the kingdom.
(d) Hating her.
8. What does Ettarre do once Pelleas wins the prize for her in the tournament?
(a) Runs away with him.
(b) Locks him outside her fortress.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Marries him.
9. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The castle.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The river.
(d) The stone wall.
10. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
11. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) An emerald necklace.
(d) A crown and scepter.
12. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
13. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The altar boy.
(b) The priest.
(c) A novice.
(d) The abbess.
14. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The Red Knight's.
15. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(d) Sir Mark's castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
2. Who arrives to take Arthur away on a barge in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. How many times has Lancelot previously won Arthur's tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. At whose castle is Tristram's first wife being held captive?
5. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)