|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Guinevere having an affair in "The Last Tournament"?
2. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Kind.
(b) The Just.
(c) The Pure.
(d) The Virtuous.
3. Where does Arthur tell Guinevere he hopes to see her again in "Guinevere"?
(a) Her country.
(b) The convent.
4. What does Arthur plan on giving as a prize in his tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) An emerald necklace.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A crown and scepter.
5. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
6. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The altar boy.
(b) The priest.
(c) The abbess.
(d) A novice.
7. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Percivale.
(b) Above Sir Galahad.
(c) Above Arthur.
(d) Above Sir Gawain.
8. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
(a) Looking for King Arthur.
(b) Trying to find their way.
(c) Going to their castle.
(d) Looking for Pelleas.
9. Which knight, known as pure and just, speaks with the first person who saw the Holy Grail?
(a) Sir Lancelot.
(b) Sir Percivale.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Galahad.
10. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A golden circlet and a sword.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A diamond.
(d) A crown and a shield.
11. Where does Sir Percivale go to finish the remainder of his life?
(a) The Red Knight's land.
(b) A monastery.
(c) Mark's kingdom.
(d) Lot's kingdom.
12. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The following year.
(b) The following hour.
(c) The next day.
(d) The next week.
13. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) A silk robe.
14. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Falls prostrate.
(c) Runs to him.
(d) Runs away.
15. What color eyes does Ettarre have in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
2. Where do the jousts take place in the tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
3. Who tells the story in "The Passing of Arthur"?
4. What does Ettarre do once Pelleas wins the prize for her in the tournament?
5. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)