|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Sir Mark's castle.
2. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
3. Who at the convent knows Guinevere's identity in "Guinevere"?
(a) The nuns.
(b) The abbess.
(c) No one.
(d) The porter.
4. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Throws it at him.
(b) Throws it into the river.
(c) Holds it to her breast.
(d) Tears it in shreds.
6. In what way does the Red Knight say his kingdom differs from Arthur's?
7. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The next week.
(b) The following year.
(c) The next day.
(d) The following hour.
8. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Ask him to summon Arthur.
(c) Bind him and bring him in.
(d) Scare him away.
9. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Gawain.
(b) Above Sir Galahad.
(c) Above Sir Percivale.
(d) Above Arthur.
10. To where does Arthur's army push the opposing forces in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The stone wall.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The castle.
(d) The river.
11. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Runs to him.
(c) Falls prostrate.
(d) Runs away.
12. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
(a) Her forgiveness.
(b) Her kingdom.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her love.
13. In what month does Sir Percivale tell his friend the story of "The Holy Grail"?
14. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
15. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A scepter.
(c) A crown.
(d) A ruby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Percivale go to finish the remainder of his life?
2. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
4. To whom does Sir Percivale tell the story of "The Holy Grail"?
5. What is wrapped around the child whom Arthur and Lancelot find in "The Last Tournament"?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)