|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
(a) Lot's wife.
(c) Mark's wife.
2. Who wins the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(d) The Red Knight.
3. To whom does Lancelot plan on giving the prize of the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
4. To whom is King Arthur metaphorically the most symbolic?
5. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A diamond.
(b) A ruby necklace.
(c) A golden circlet and a sword.
(d) A crown and a shield.
6. Where does Tristram take a second wife in "The Last Tournament"?
7. To which castle does Lancelot ride to in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(b) King Pellam's.
(c) King Lot's.
8. Whose ghost visits Arthur in "The Passing of Arthur"?
9. Which of Arthur's knights has planned to overthrow him in "Guinevere"?
10. After passing through the swamp, where does Sir Percivale see the Grail in "The Holy Grail"?
(a) Above Sir Percivale.
(b) Above Sir Galahad.
(c) Above Arthur.
(d) Above Sir Gawain.
11. What is the prize of Arthur's great tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) A scepter.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A ruby.
(d) A crown.
12. Where does Arthur's final battle take place?
(a) The east.
(b) The west.
(c) The south.
(d) The north.
13. How many brothers does Elaine have in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
14. According to the ghost, when will Arthur die in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(a) The following year.
(b) The next week.
(c) The following hour.
(d) The next day.
15. By whom is the boy beaten when he arrives at Arthur's court before the tournament in "The Last Tournament"?
(a) King Antione.
(b) King Mark.
(c) The Red Knight.
(d) King Pellam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
2. What does Ettarre promise Pelleas if he wins her the prize of the tournament?
3. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
4. Whom does Arthur leave in control of the kingdom when he goes to war in "The Last Tournament"?
5. What does Arthur ask be thrown into the ocean on his death bed?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)