|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the prize in Arthur's tournament in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) A golden circlet and a sword.
(b) A diamond.
(c) A crown and a shield.
(d) A ruby necklace.
2. Who mortally wounds Arthur in the end of "The Passing of Arthur"?
3. What had Arthur called Sir Percivale in his knighthood?
(a) The Just.
(b) The Virtuous.
(c) The Pure.
(d) The Kind.
4. What are the women whom Pelleas encounters in the wood doing?
(a) Looking for King Arthur.
(b) Going to their castle.
(c) Looking for Pelleas.
(d) Trying to find their way.
5. What does Ettarre send her knights to do with Pelleas in "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
(a) Scare him away.
(b) Bind him and bring him in.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Ask him to summon Arthur.
6. What does Guinevere do when Arthur arrives at the convent in "Guinevere"?
(a) Runs to him.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Falls prostrate.
7. Arthur claims in "Guinevere" that men naturally seek wives who help them practice what?
8. How many knights accompany Ettarre everywhere she goes?
9. Who is the one person to whom Guinevere talks in "Guinevere"?
(a) The altar boy.
(b) The priest.
(c) The abbess.
(d) A novice.
10. Where does Arthur tell Guinevere he hopes to see her again in "Guinevere"?
(b) The convent.
(c) Her country.
11. What does Guinevere eventually become before she dies in "Guinevere"?
(c) Mark's wife.
(d) Lot's wife.
12. Which of Elaine's brothers decides to participate in the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
13. What does Guinevere do with the prize from the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
(a) Holds it to her breast.
(b) Throws it at him.
(c) Throws it into the river.
(d) Tears it in shreds.
14. Whose army is Arthur fighting in "The Passing of Arthur"?
(c) The Red Knight's.
15. Who does Pelleas find in bed with Ettarre?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Lancelot and his companion stay for the night in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
2. In "Pelleas and Ettarre," Pelleas overhears the women near where over a hundred of what kind of trees grow?
3. Where does Arthur sit in the hall in the beginning of "Pelleas and Ettarre"?
4. Why does Guinevere not attend the tournament in "Lancelot and Elaine"?
5. Whose forces are defeated in the battle in "Guinevere"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)