|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Earl Doorm try to convince Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Geraint is dead.
(b) Geraint does not love her.
(c) Geraint has left.
(d) Geraint is not her husband.
2. What word does Vivien hear Merlin say which throws her into a rage in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
4. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
(b) A horse.
(c) A crown.
(d) A goblet.
5. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
6. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) A nail from Christ's cross.
(c) A spear which wounded Christ.
(d) A crown.
7. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
8. The men in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint" are only allowed to participate if they have who with them?
(a) The woman they love.
(b) Their father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) Their daughter.
9. Whom does Enid overhear plotting to kill Geraint on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
10. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
11. Arthur's knights claim that two men know the truth of Arthur's birth. These are Merlin and who?
12. In which direction is the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
13. How did Vivien's father die?
(a) At war with Arthur.
(b) By hanging.
(c) Fighting for Arthur.
(d) Of old age.
14. How does Guinevere promise to dress Geraint's wife in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Like a queen.
(b) Like a princess.
(c) Like the sun.
(d) Like the stars.
15. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(d) A woodsman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
2. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. What kind of weapons does Geraint wield in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. To whose territory do Enid and Geraint travel after the duel between Geraint and her former suitor?
5. Gareth's mother allows him to go to Arthur's court on the condition that he work where first?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)