|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom was Geraint in the woods watching the king's hunt in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. Who raised Arthur?
(d) Sir Anton.
3. What does Merlin tell Vivien of the book in which the spell is written in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) It is deadly.
(b) It is unholy.
(c) It is in a language she won't know.
(d) It is invisible.
4. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) His longing for love.
(b) The evil in the world.
(c) His age.
(d) The affair of Guinevere's.
5. After how long does Gareth's mother release him from his oath in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) One week.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
6. What happens to Geraint when he goes to find out the identity of the knight in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) He is lashed with a whip.
(b) He is stabbed with a lance.
(c) He is slapped with a glove.
(d) He is stabbed with a dagger.
7. Who is Gareth's mother?
8. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
9. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
(a) A monster.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A woman.
(d) A boy.
10. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
11. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A nail from Christ's cross.
(b) A crown.
(c) A spear which wounded Christ.
(d) The Holy Grail.
12. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) King Mark.
(d) The Queen.
13. Who had initially requested the spell of which Merlin holds secret in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) A magician.
(b) A king.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A prince.
14. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(c) The Red Knight.
15. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) An earl.
(b) A knight.
(c) A lady.
(d) A baron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
2. Who is Leodogran's brother?
3. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
4. What kind of weapons does Geraint wield in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
5. The three people who pass Geraint in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint" are a woman, a knight, and a what?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)