|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Gareth's mother insist he do menial work for Arthur before becoming a knight?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two years.
2. Who had lost to the King of Lot in "that first war," as stated in "Balin and Balan"?
3. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
4. Who does not trust Gareth when he arrives at Arthur's court and treats him meanly?
(a) Sir Kay.
(b) Sir Mark.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Galahad.
5. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
(a) A boy.
(b) A woman.
(c) A monster.
(d) A ghost.
6. Who goes in secret and defeats Balin and Balan?
7. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
8. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
9. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
(a) Make them sorrowful.
(b) Make them fall in love.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Imprison them.
10. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(d) A woodsman.
11. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Traveling too fast.
(c) Speaking to him.
(d) Traveling too slow.
12. Arthur's royalty is questioned because people don't believe he is whose son?
13. The banners in Arthur's hall represent how many battles?
14. Geraint is what as well as a knight in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) A prince.
(b) A baron.
(c) A duke.
(d) A king.
15. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
2. What do some men believe is more fitting of a maiden for a knight in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. With whom was Geraint in the woods watching the king's hunt in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)