|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Has him hanged.
(b) Stabs him through the heart.
(c) Wounds him and leaves him living.
(d) Removes his head.
2. Who was king before King Uther?
3. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
(b) A crown.
(c) A goblet.
(d) A horse.
4. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
5. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) The affair of Guinevere's.
(b) His age.
(c) The evil in the world.
(d) His longing for love.
6. Whom does Vivien tell Guinevere is attempting to force her to marry him?
(a) King Mark.
(b) King Uther.
(c) King Pellam.
(d) King Lot.
7. Geraint commands that Enid ride how when they set out in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) In front of him.
(b) Behind him.
(c) Above him.
(d) Beside him.
8. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
9. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) A branch.
(d) A book.
10. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
11. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
12. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
13. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
14. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
15. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
2. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. What does Merlin tell Vivien of the book in which the spell is written in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
5. After how long does Gareth's mother release him from his oath in "Gareth and Lynette"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)