|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
2. Why doesn't Enid succeed in warning Geraint initially of the coming attack by her former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) He won't listen to her.
(b) He is asleep.
(c) He is eating.
(d) He leaves the room.
3. What happens to Geraint when he goes to find out the identity of the knight in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) He is stabbed with a dagger.
(b) He is stabbed with a lance.
(c) He is slapped with a glove.
(d) He is lashed with a whip.
4. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
5. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
6. Who was king before King Uther?
7. Geraint commands that Enid ride how when they set out in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Above him.
(b) In front of him.
(c) Beside him.
(d) Behind him.
8. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
9. Who does not trust Gareth when he arrives at Arthur's court and treats him meanly?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) Sir Mark.
(c) Sir Kay.
(d) Sir Galahad.
10. For what do Geraint and Enid ask the peasants in their village?
(a) Their king.
(b) A horse.
(c) The chapel.
11. Geraint awakens to hear Enid say she is not what to him?
(a) "A true maiden."
(b) "An honest wife."
(c) "A good wife."
(d) "A true wife."
12. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
13. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Speaking to him.
(b) Traveling too fast.
(d) Traveling too slow.
14. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
(a) Arthur's affair.
(b) Guinevere's affair.
(c) His cowardice.
(d) Geraint's affair.
15. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(c) The Red Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
2. How long had Balin been exiled in "Balin and Balan"?
3. Who is Guinevere's father?
4. Who gives Arthur his sword in the Dedication?
5. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)