|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
2. Gareth's mother allows him to go to Arthur's court on the condition that he work where first?
(a) The stables.
(b) The farm.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The garden.
3. In "Gareth and Lynette," Lancelot tells Lynette that a man is only made strong through what?
4. Geraint commands that Enid ride how when they set out in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) In front of him.
(b) Above him.
(c) Behind him.
(d) Beside him.
5. What is the name of King Arthur's castle?
6. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) The Queen.
(b) The Knights of the Round Table.
(c) King Mark.
7. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
8. What do some men believe is more fitting of a maiden for a knight in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Remaining a virgin.
(b) Bearing children.
(d) Committing suicide.
9. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
10. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
11. Who is the King of Lot's wife, as mentioned in the Dedication?
12. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
13. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
(a) Earl Doorm.
14. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
(a) Guinevere's affair.
(b) His cowardice.
(c) Geraint's affair.
(d) Arthur's affair.
15. To whom is Gorlos married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
2. Arthur's knights claim that two men know the truth of Arthur's birth. These are Merlin and who?
3. After how long does Gareth's mother release him from his oath in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
5. What does Earl Doorm try to convince Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)