|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which direction is the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
2. What word does Vivien hear Merlin say which throws her into a rage in "Merlin and Vivien"?
3. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) King Uther.
(b) Earl Yniol.
(c) Earl Uriel.
(d) King Mark.
4. Who is Gareth's mother?
5. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
(a) Earl Doorm.
6. Geraint awakens to hear Enid say she is not what to him?
(a) "A true maiden."
(b) "An honest wife."
(c) "A true wife."
(d) "A good wife."
7. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) The Red Knight.
8. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
9. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
10. What does Merlin tell Vivien of the book in which the spell is written in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) It is in a language she won't know.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It is unholy.
(d) It is deadly.
11. Who professes that his new-found virtue is a result of having been beaten by Geraint?
(b) Earl Doorm.
12. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
13. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
14. The banners in Arthur's hall represent how many battles?
15. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) The Holy Grail.
(b) A crown.
(c) A nail from Christ's cross.
(d) A spear which wounded Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
2. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. Gareth's mother allows him to go to Arthur's court on the condition that he work where first?
4. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
5. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)