|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(b) Traveling too slow.
(c) Speaking to him.
(d) Traveling too fast.
2. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
3. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
4. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Has him hanged.
(b) Removes his head.
(c) Stabs him through the heart.
(d) Wounds him and leaves him living.
5. Whose mission is it to hunt the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
6. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) A book.
(d) A branch.
7. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
8. Why doesn't Enid succeed in warning Geraint initially of the coming attack by her former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) He is eating.
(b) He won't listen to her.
(c) He leaves the room.
(d) He is asleep.
9. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
10. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
(a) Make them fall in love.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Make them sorrowful.
(d) Imprison them.
11. Who had lost to the King of Lot in "that first war," as stated in "Balin and Balan"?
12. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is wounded.
(b) Arthur is in danger.
(c) Doorm is dead.
(d) Doorm is reformed.
13. What is the prize of the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) A jeweled scepter.
(b) A golden sword.
(c) A golden sparrow.
(d) A golden crown.
14. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A monster.
(c) A boy.
(d) A woman.
15. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
(b) The Red Knight's.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
2. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
3. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
4. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. Who is the one person who stops after Geraint has collapsed at the side of the road in "Geraint and Enid"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)