|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) The Red Knight's.
2. To whom is Gorlos married?
3. What is the prize of the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) A golden crown.
(b) A jeweled scepter.
(c) A golden sparrow.
(d) A golden sword.
4. Who gives Arthur his sword in the Dedication?
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
5. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(b) Traveling too fast.
(c) Speaking to him.
(d) Traveling too slow.
6. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
7. Who is Guinevere's father?
8. What does Earl Doorm try to convince Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Geraint is dead.
(b) Geraint does not love her.
(c) Geraint is not her husband.
(d) Geraint has left.
9. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
10. According to the king's knights gossip, with whom had Vivien tried unsuccessfully to flirt?
11. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
12. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
13. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
14. In "Gareth and Lynette," Lancelot tells Lynette that a man is only made strong through what?
15. Who is Gareth's father?
(a) King Lot.
(b) Sir Galahad.
(c) Sir Bleys.
(d) King Mark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
2. What does Geraint believe of Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
3. What happens to Geraint when he goes to find out the identity of the knight in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
5. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)