|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one person who stops after Geraint has collapsed at the side of the road in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) King Uther.
(c) The Baron.
(d) The Earl.
2. Whom does Enid overhear plotting to kill Geraint on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
3. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Has him hanged.
(b) Wounds him and leaves him living.
(c) Removes his head.
(d) Stabs him through the heart.
4. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Making him desperate for her.
(b) Stealing his children.
(c) Cheering him up.
(d) Using her wiles.
5. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
6. What does Merlin tell Vivien of the book in which the spell is written in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) It is deadly.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It is unholy.
(d) It is in a language she won't know.
7. Geraint awakens to hear Enid say she is not what to him?
(a) "A true maiden."
(b) "An honest wife."
(c) "A true wife."
(d) "A good wife."
8. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Traveling too fast.
(c) Traveling too slow.
(d) Speaking to him.
9. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(b) King Mark.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Knights of the Round Table.
10. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(c) The Red Knight.
11. Arthur's royalty is questioned because people don't believe he is whose son?
12. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
13. When did Guinevere arrive at Camelot?
14. What does Geraint believe of Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) She is having a child.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is conspiring to kill him.
(d) She is planning to leave him.
15. Who is Gareth's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
2. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
4. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
5. Why doesn't Enid succeed in warning Geraint initially of the coming attack by her former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)