|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(b) The Lady of the Lake.
2. What does Earl Doorm try to convince Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Geraint is dead.
(b) Geraint does not love her.
(c) Geraint is not her husband.
(d) Geraint has left.
3. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) A goblet.
(b) A horse.
(d) A crown.
4. Arthur's royalty is questioned because people don't believe he is whose son?
5. For how long does Gareth's mother insist he do menial work for Arthur before becoming a knight?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two years.
6. How does Guinevere promise to dress Geraint's wife in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Like the stars.
(b) Like a queen.
(c) Like the sun.
(d) Like a princess.
7. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
8. The men in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint" are only allowed to participate if they have who with them?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) The woman they love.
9. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
(a) Sir Belvidere.
(b) Sir Kay.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Lancelot.
10. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
11. Who was king before King Uther?
12. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
13. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
14. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
15. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
3. Whom does Vivien tell Guinevere is attempting to force her to marry him?
4. The banners in Arthur's hall represent how many battles?
5. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)