|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
2. How does Geraint eventually die?
(a) In a monastery.
(b) Fighting against Arthur.
(c) In the arms of Enid.
(d) Serving Arthur.
3. Who hears a minstrel of Guinevere and Lancelot with Vivien in "Merlin and Vivien"?
4. For what do Geraint and Enid ask the peasants in their village?
(b) The chapel.
(c) Their king.
(d) A horse.
5. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Wounds him and leaves him living.
(b) Removes his head.
(c) Stabs him through the heart.
(d) Has him hanged.
6. Who is Leodogran's brother?
7. Whom does Enid overhear plotting to kill Geraint on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
8. According to the king's knights gossip, with whom had Vivien tried unsuccessfully to flirt?
9. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
(a) Earl Doorm.
10. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(c) The Red Knight.
11. Arthur's royalty is questioned because people don't believe he is whose son?
12. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Earl Yniol.
(b) Earl Uriel.
(c) King Uther.
(d) King Mark.
13. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
14. After how long does Gareth's mother release him from his oath in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
15. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Traveling too fast.
(c) Traveling too slow.
(d) Speaking to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
2. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
3. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
4. To whose territory do Enid and Geraint travel after the duel between Geraint and her former suitor?
5. How did Vivien's father die?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)