|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Using her wiles.
(b) Cheering him up.
(c) Stealing his children.
(d) Making him desperate for her.
2. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
3. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) An earl.
(b) A lady.
(c) A baron.
(d) A knight.
4. Geraint's peers attribute his leaving Arthur's circle as a loss of what?
5. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
6. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
7. Who hears a minstrel of Guinevere and Lancelot with Vivien in "Merlin and Vivien"?
8. What is the second tactic that Vivien uses on Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
9. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
10. Who is Gareth's father?
(a) Sir Bleys.
(b) Sir Galahad.
(c) King Lot.
(d) King Mark.
11. Whom does Vivien tell Guinevere is attempting to force her to marry him?
(a) King Uther.
(b) King Mark.
(c) King Pellam.
(d) King Lot.
12. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) His age.
(b) His longing for love.
(c) The affair of Guinevere's.
(d) The evil in the world.
13. The men in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint" are only allowed to participate if they have who with them?
(a) Their father.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their daughter.
(d) The woman they love.
14. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
15. What happens to Geraint when he goes to find out the identity of the knight in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) He is lashed with a whip.
(b) He is stabbed with a lance.
(c) He is slapped with a glove.
(d) He is stabbed with a dagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
2. What is the name of King Arthur's castle?
3. To whose territory do Enid and Geraint travel after the duel between Geraint and her former suitor?
4. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
5. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)