|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long does Gareth's mother insist he do menial work for Arthur before becoming a knight?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
2. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
(a) Guinevere's affair.
(b) Geraint's affair.
(c) His cowardice.
(d) Arthur's affair.
3. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
4. Who professes that his new-found virtue is a result of having been beaten by Geraint?
(d) Earl Doorm.
5. In the Dedication, what would steal and devour the children in the land where Guinevere lived?
6. How does Geraint eventually die?
(a) Fighting against Arthur.
(b) Serving Arthur.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In the arms of Enid.
7. The men in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint" are only allowed to participate if they have who with them?
(a) The woman they love.
(b) Their daughter.
(c) Their father.
(d) Their mother.
8. Who is on his way to disband Doorm's kingdom in "Geraint and Enid"?
9. What does Balin do after he suspects the Queen is unfaithful?
(a) Leaves the castle.
(b) Storms the castle.
(c) Seeks his brother.
(d) Kills Guinevere.
10. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
11. Whom did Arthur send to bring Guinevere to him?
12. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
13. Geraint commands that Enid ride how when they set out in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) In front of him.
(b) Above him.
(c) Beside him.
(d) Behind him.
14. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) An earl.
(b) A baron.
(c) A knight.
(d) A lady.
15. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geraint give to the peasants in return for their hospitality in "Geraint and Enid"?
2. Who is Gareth's father?
3. Who is Enid's former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
4. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. What does Vivien accuse Merlin of using the spell to do for his own use in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)