|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
(a) Make them sorrowful.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Imprison them.
(d) Make them fall in love.
2. The three people who pass Geraint in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint" are a woman, a knight, and a what?
3. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Using her wiles.
(b) Stealing his children.
(c) Making him desperate for her.
(d) Cheering him up.
4. Who is the King of Lot's wife, as mentioned in the Dedication?
5. For how long does Gareth's mother insist he do menial work for Arthur before becoming a knight?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
6. Who raised Arthur?
(c) Sir Anton.
7. Who goes in secret and defeats Balin and Balan?
8. What kind of weapons does Geraint wield in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
9. What happens to Geraint when he goes to find out the identity of the knight in the woods in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) He is lashed with a whip.
(b) He is stabbed with a dagger.
(c) He is slapped with a glove.
(d) He is stabbed with a lance.
10. Whom did Arthur send to bring Guinevere to him?
11. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(b) A woodsman.
12. In "Gareth and Lynette," Lancelot tells Lynette that a man is only made strong through what?
13. How did Vivien's father die?
(a) At war with Arthur.
(b) Of old age.
(c) By hanging.
(d) Fighting for Arthur.
14. Whose mission is it to hunt the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
15. In "Gareth and Lynette," whom does the most fearsome knight with the besieged maiden hope to defeat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
2. Who was king before King Uther?
3. In which direction is the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
4. Of what material is the dress Enid wore in "The Marriage of Geraint" when they met?
5. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)