|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
2. Who raised Arthur?
(c) Sir Anton.
3. To whose territory do Enid and Geraint travel after the duel between Geraint and her former suitor?
(a) Earl Modred.
(b) King Uther.
(c) Earl Doorm.
(d) King Mark.
4. With whom does Balin see the Queen by the garden in "Balin and Balan"?
5. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A spear which wounded Christ.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) A nail from Christ's cross.
(d) A crown.
6. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
7. Who is Leodogran's brother?
8. Whom does the woodsman tell Balin he believes gave the wood spirits invisible powers in "Balin and Balan"?
9. Whose symbol does Balin gain permission to wear on his shield in "Balin and Balan"?
10. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(d) A woodsman.
11. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
12. What is the prize of the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) A jeweled scepter.
(b) A golden crown.
(c) A golden sparrow.
(d) A golden sword.
13. Whom does Vivien tell Guinevere is attempting to force her to marry him?
(a) King Pellam.
(b) King Lot.
(c) King Uther.
(d) King Mark.
14. In "Gareth and Lynette," Lancelot tells Lynette that a man is only made strong through what?
15. Who asks Vivien to go to Arthur's court and reveal scandal in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(c) The Red Knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of weapons does Geraint wield in the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. In "The Marriage of Geraint," Geraint tells Enid to put on what dress of hers?
4. What is the name of Arthur's sword?
5. Whom did Arthur send to bring Guinevere to him?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)