|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
(a) The first.
(b) The fourth.
(c) This second.
(d) The third.
2. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
3. Who is the most fearsome of the knights who has seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. By what are Balin and Balan located outside Camelot in the beginning of "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A mountain.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A meadow.
(d) A tree.
5. What is the second tactic that Vivien uses on Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
6. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
(c) The Red Knight's.
7. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is reformed.
(b) Doorm is dead.
(c) Doorm is wounded.
(d) Arthur is in danger.
8. Who is in the group of thieves attempting to murder in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) A baron.
(b) An earl.
(c) A knight.
(d) A lady.
9. Why doesn't Enid succeed in warning Geraint initially of the coming attack by her former suitor in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He won't listen to her.
(c) He is asleep.
(d) He is eating.
10. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
11. Who attacks Gareth and Lynette when they first set out to save Lynette's sister?
(a) Sir Gawain.
(b) Sir Lancelot.
(c) Sir Kay.
(d) Sir Belvidere.
12. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) His age.
(b) His longing for love.
(c) The evil in the world.
(d) The affair of Guinevere's.
13. Who is the one person who stops after Geraint has collapsed at the side of the road in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) King Arthur.
(b) The Baron.
(c) The Earl.
(d) King Uther.
14. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
15. When did Guinevere arrive at Camelot?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Arthur's sword?
2. Who is Gareth's father?
3. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
4. What does lightening strike in "Merlin and Vivien"?
5. What is the prize of the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)