Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which direction is the wood devil in "Balin and Balan"?
2. Whom does Enid overhear plotting to kill Geraint on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
3. How does Guinevere promise to dress Geraint's wife in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Like a queen.
(b) Like the stars.
(c) Like a princess.
(d) Like the sun.
4. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(b) The Red Knight.
5. Who was Merlin's master in "The Coming of Arthur"?
(a) The Lady of the Lake.
6. Who stops Geraint and Enid as they continue past Doorm's realm?
(d) Earl Doorm.
7. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(d) A woodsman.
8. Who is Gareth's mother?
9. Who professes that his new-found virtue is a result of having been beaten by Geraint?
(a) Earl Doorm.
10. What kind of magnificent dress does Edith's mother find for her in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
11. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
12. In the Dedication, what would steal and devour the children in the land where Guinevere lived?
13. What does Geraint believe of Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) She is planning to leave him.
(b) She is having a child.
(c) She is conspiring to kill him.
(d) She is having an affair.
14. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) King Uther.
(b) Earl Uriel.
(c) Earl Yniol.
(d) King Mark.
15. Who had lost to the King of Lot in "that first war," as stated in "Balin and Balan"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Balin do after he suspects the Queen is unfaithful?
2. It is only after Gareth has dispatched which knight that Lynette begins to view him with some esteem?
3. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
4. Who hosts the tournament in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
5. Who is Guinevere's father?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)