|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Geraint's peers attribute his leaving Arthur's circle as a loss of what?
2. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(a) The Red Knight.
3. What does Geraint believe of Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) She is conspiring to kill him.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She is planning to leave him.
(d) She is having a child.
4. What does Geraint do to the Earl of Doorm?
(a) Wounds him and leaves him living.
(b) Has him hanged.
(c) Removes his head.
(d) Stabs him through the heart.
5. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
6. Against whom does Merlin suggest Vivien might use the spell, if not him, in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) King Mark.
(c) The Knights of the Round Table.
(d) The Queen.
7. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
8. Who goes in secret and defeats Balin and Balan?
9. What is Sparrow-Hawk's real name?
10. Who is Leodogran's brother?
11. In the Dedication, whom does Leodogran summon along with Brastias and Bedivere?
12. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is reformed.
(b) Arthur is in danger.
(c) Doorm is wounded.
(d) Doorm is dead.
13. What are Balin's praises of the Queen met with in Pellam's castle?
14. Who approaches Balin and asks for his help in the woods in "Balin and Balan"?
(c) A woodsman.
15. Geraint takes his wife back to his own land to protect her of hearing rumors of what?
(a) His cowardice.
(b) Arthur's affair.
(c) Geraint's affair.
(d) Guinevere's affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Geraint chastise Enid on their journey in "Geraint and Enid"?
2. How many knights have seized Lynette's sister in "Gareth and Lynette"?
3. Gareth's mother allows him to go to Arthur's court on the condition that he work where first?
4. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
5. Who hears a minstrel of Guinevere and Lancelot with Vivien in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)