|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
(a) A monster.
(b) A woman.
(c) A boy.
(d) A ghost.
2. Whom does Gareth mistake for a bandit and attack in "Gareth and Lynette"?
(d) The Red Knight.
3. For what reason had Merlin fallen into a deep melancholy in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) His age.
(b) The evil in the world.
(c) The affair of Guinevere's.
(d) His longing for love.
4. What do some men believe is more fitting of a maiden for a knight in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(b) Remaining a virgin.
(c) Committing suicide.
(d) Bearing children.
5. Balin ends up going toward whose realm in "Balin and Balan"?
(c) The Red Knight's.
6. In what way does Vivien attempt to woo Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
(a) Stealing his children.
(b) Making him desperate for her.
(c) Using her wiles.
(d) Cheering him up.
7. In the Dedication, the Queen of Orkney says, "A doubtful throne is ____ on summer seas."
8. What is the name of Arthur's sword?
9. Who is the King of Lot's wife, as mentioned in the Dedication?
10. Who gives Arthur his sword in the Dedication?
(d) The Lady of the Lake.
11. Geraint commands that Enid ride how when they set out in "Geraint and Enid"?
(a) Beside him.
(b) Above him.
(c) Behind him.
(d) In front of him.
12. Who succeeds in wounding Geraint in "Geraint and Enid"?
13. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
14. What is the fourth and final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" wearing a suit covered with?
15. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is wounded.
(b) Arthur is in danger.
(c) Doorm is reformed.
(d) Doorm is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Geraint believe of Enid in "Geraint and Enid"?
2. Who does not trust Gareth when he arrives at Arthur's court and treats him meanly?
3. From whom does King Pellam find himself descended in "Balin and Balan"?
4. How long had Balin been exiled in "Balin and Balan"?
5. Who does Balin kill in the end of "Balin and Balan"?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)