|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merlin's sought-after spell involved being able to do what to people?
(a) Imprison them.
(b) Make them sorrowful.
(c) Make them fall in love.
(d) Kill them.
2. How does Vivien tell Guinevere that her parents died?
(a) In a convent.
(b) Fighting for Arthur.
(c) In an accident.
(d) Fighting against Arthur.
3. What does Geraint inform the knight that he and Enid meet while leaving Doorm?
(a) Doorm is dead.
(b) Arthur is in danger.
(c) Doorm is wounded.
(d) Doorm is reformed.
4. What maiden has been besieged in "Gareth and Lynette"?
5. By what are Balin and Balan located outside Camelot in the beginning of "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A meadow.
(b) A fountain.
(c) A tree.
(d) A mountain.
6. In the Dedication, what land is "Thick with wet woods, and many a beast therein"?
7. In "Gareth and Lynette," Lancelot tells Lynette that a man is only made strong through what?
8. Who does not trust Gareth when he arrives at Arthur's court and treats him meanly?
(a) Sir Mark.
(b) Sir Kay.
(c) Sir Gawain.
(d) Sir Galahad.
9. Geraint's peers attribute his leaving Arthur's circle as a loss of what?
10. What does Balin do after he suspects the Queen is unfaithful?
(a) Kills Guinevere.
(b) Leaves the castle.
(c) Storms the castle.
(d) Seeks his brother.
11. What relic does Balin take from the chapel in "Balin and Balan"?
(a) A crown.
(b) The Holy Grail.
(c) A spear which wounded Christ.
(d) A nail from Christ's cross.
12. Whom does Geraint find in the ruined castle in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
(a) Earl Uriel.
(b) King Mark.
(c) Earl Yniol.
(d) King Uther.
13. What is the second tactic that Vivien uses on Merlin in "Merlin and Vivien"?
14. Who had lost to the King of Lot in "that first war," as stated in "Balin and Balan"?
15. How many siblings does Guinevere have?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom was Geraint in the woods watching the king's hunt in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
2. Enid is the daughter of whom in "The Marriage of Geraint"?
3. What does the final knight in "Gareth and Lynette" turn out to be?
4. Who was king before King Uther?
5. What do some men believe is more fitting of a maiden for a knight in "Merlin and Vivien"?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)