|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weber's former wife left him because his income came from what?
2. What did Harry do during the act with the mind reader?
3. What are there many of in California, according to Irene?
4. What does Harry categorize Weber as in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Irene notice about Harry as they talk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the argument between Quillery and Dr. Waldersee in Act 2, Scene 1. Describe three examples of where each of them make their strongest arguments. In the end, which character do you think was more effective at delivering their argument? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Irene is a central character in the play and the impact of her arrival can be felt immediately.
1) How does Irene cause the other guests to take notice of her? Describe three examples of how her character maintains a level of intrigue and mystery that sets her apart.
2) What is it about the hotel that impresses Irene? What is the significance of the view she appreciates in the main window and how does it foreshadow future events in the play?
Essay Topic 3
Location is a key element in the play and the author uses it strategically in order to develop the characters and the plot.
1) Describe the location of the hotel and three examples of events or situations where it was important to the play's story.
2) In your opinion, which character was affected the most by the location of the hotel? Which character was affected the least? Use the play to provide examples to support your positions.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)