|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene tell about her relatives as she is entertaining other hotel guests at the end of the first scene in Act 2?
(b) Family secrets.
(c) The reason she left them.
(d) Their war experiences.
2. Where is Hotel Monte Gabriele located?
(a) In the Italian Alps.
(b) In Germany.
(c) In the Swiss Alps.
(d) In Monticello.
3. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
(a) In sports jackets.
(d) In white uniforms.
4. In commenting on the guests, what does Quillery reveal the hotel building's original function was?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A sports center.
(c) A sanitarium.
(d) A library.
5. What does Harry promote the act for the blond girls as?
(a) Les Blondie.
(b) The Incredible Blondes.
(c) Les Blondes.
(d) The Amazing Blondes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Cherrys upset over the war?
2. In Act 1, where is the train heading before it stops at the hotel?
3. Where does the beautiful model, Irene, say she is from?
4. What do the guests expect from the Italian soldiers who enter the hotel in the first act of the play?
5. How many blond girls is Harry Van accompanied by in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Harry doing when the others join Weber and Irene in Act 2, Scene 2, and how does it illustrate his character?
2. What does Weber's betrayal of Irene signify in terms of their arrangement and his intent?
3. What does the captain tell Harry about Irene's situation and how does it affect the way Harry might look at it?
4. Where is Harry coming from, where is he traveling to when his train is stopped, and why?
5. How does Irene respond to Harry's notion that the two had met before and what does it mean?
6. What is the nobility in Harry's actions at the end of the play, and why do they stand out compared to other heroic acts?
7. What is interesting about Irene and Weber's relationship as they talk in the second scene of Act 2?
8. What is interesting about how Weber explains his role in the success of his business?
9. What does Harry do to ease the tension after Quillery and Dr. Waldersee argue, and what does it symbolize about his character?
10. Why is Don disgruntled with his position at the hotel?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)