|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are above war, according to the Cherrys?
(a) British people.
2. Where does Weber inform Irene the planes are headed?
3. How are the wait staff dressed at the hotel?
(a) In white uniforms.
(c) In sports jackets.
4. Who does Quillery say will benefit from the war?
(a) The people.
5. What are the Cherrys enjoying at the beginning of Act 2, Scene1?
(d) Hors d'oeuvres.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the train to stop as the play opens?
2. What does Dr. Waldersee label Quillery's war theory?
3. How does Irene respond to the notion of an air raid while talking to Weber?
4. What is the top priority for Quillery as the Italian officers rush out of the hotel?
5. How do Mr. and Mrs. Cherry seem to the other hotel guests in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Hotel Monte Gabriele described in the beginning of the play?
2. What is the interesting thing about the original function for the hotel's building, and how does Quillery point it out to Harry?
3. What does Weber tell Irene about the planes and how is it significant?
4. What was different about Irene when Harry first met her? What was similar about her?
5. What is Irene telling Harry about in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
6. What does Dr. Waldersee think of Quillery's views on the war?
7. What effect does the appearance of Italian soldiers have on the hotel, and what do the soldiers do to surprise them?
8. What is the nobility in Harry's actions at the end of the play, and why do they stand out compared to other heroic acts?
9. What is Irene doing to entertain the Cherrys and what does it say about her character?
10. What is the doctor's decision in the final act and what does it represent?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)