|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene think of Harry's current work?
(a) It is too good for him.
(b) It is impressive.
(c) It is beneath him.
(d) It fits him.
2. What was the name of the hotel Harry and Irene met in years ago?
(a) The Governor Inn.
(b) The Governor Bryan.
(c) The Senator Inn.
(d) The Senator Bryan.
3. What does Harry instruct the girls to do while Quillery is making a scene?
(a) Leave the stage.
(b) Stop singing.
(c) Tell Quillery to stop.
(d) Keep singing.
4. What did Harry do during the act with the mind reader?
(a) Held the question cards.
(b) Sang the songs as the audience asked questions.
(c) Got clues from the audience.
(d) Played the piano.
5. What kind of lights does the hotel feature?
6. Weber's former wife left him because his income came from what?
(b) Poison gas.
7. What does Irene thank for the Cherrys' ample meal?
(c) The linguini.
(d) The zabaglione.
8. What label does the captain give the state of the world to Weber at the bar?
9. What is the captain a little concerned about as he is talking with Weber?
(a) Irene's passport.
(b) The weather.
(c) Irene's stories.
(d) The hotel's business.
10. What type of American does Irene label Harry in their talk during the third scene in Act 3?
11. Where did the Russians go after their act split from Harry's act?
(a) To Sioux Falls.
(b) To Indiana.
(c) To Kentucky.
(d) To Baton Rouge.
12. What does Harry say the girl that reminded him of Irene had?
(a) A horrible voice and mystery.
(b) A good voice and mystery.
(c) A horrible attitude and mystery.
(d) A good attitude and mystery.
13. What does the person Irene reminds Harry of mean to him?
(a) They do not mean anything to him.
(b) He barely remembers them.
(c) He has been trying to forget them.
(d) They have a special place in his memory.
14. How is Weber associated with war?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He profits from it.
(c) He gambles on the outcome.
(d) He works for several different governments.
15. Where are Irene and Weber at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The bar.
(d) The dance floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Who thought Harry's dancing was good, according to Harry?
3. What does Weber interrupt Harry and Irene for?
4. Who comments on Harry's singing and dancing after Irene leaves in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does Harry signal to happen after Quillery exits?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)