|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weber's former wife left him because his income came from what?
(d) Poison gas.
2. What spirit does Irene say her father had?
3. What is Idiot's Delight, as described by Irene?
(a) A childhood game.
(b) The name of the orchestra.
(c) A game God plays.
(d) A play she read once.
4. What kind of idealist is Harry, according to Irene?
5. What does Harry categorize Weber as in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Just another criminal.
(b) Just another spy.
(c) Just another salesman.
(d) Just another industrialist.
6. What composer does Irene tell Harry used to play for her when she was younger?
7. What does Irene tell Weber she is not bound by?
(b) The truth.
(c) Her actions.
8. What was the name of the hotel Harry and Irene met in years ago?
(a) The Governor Inn.
(b) The Governor Bryan.
(c) The Senator Bryan.
(d) The Senator Inn.
9. What does Irene call Harry as he begins to comment further on Weber?
10. What do the guests do as Harry makes his recommendation after Quillery is gone?
(d) Stay silent.
11. Who does Quillery get his information from about the war in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The captain.
(b) A mechanic.
(d) The train attendant.
12. How is Weber associated with war?
(a) He gambles on the outcome.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He profits from it.
(d) He works for several different governments.
13. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
(a) Their performance.
(b) The shortness of their songs.
(c) The extra long songs they will be playing.
(d) Their appearance.
14. What name does Harry call Irene that she objects to?
(a) Mrs. Weber.
(b) Mrs. Vodka.
(c) Mrs. Russian.
(d) Mrs. Cherry.
15. What eventually happens to Quillery for his disruption at the hotel?
(a) He is warned by the owner.
(b) He is silenced.
(c) He is reasoned with by Don.
(d) He is arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country's silence surprises the captain?
2. Who comments on Harry's singing and dancing after Irene leaves in Act 2, Scene 3?
3. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What does Harry resemble to the other guests?
5. What does Irene notice about Harry as they talk?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)