|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irene notice about Harry as they talk?
(a) He is always smiling.
(b) He never smiles.
(c) He is staring at her.
(d) He refuses to look at her.
2. What country's silence surprises the captain?
3. What kind of people consider Weber a villain, as Irene tells Harry?
4. What was the name of the hotel Harry and Irene met in years ago?
(a) The Governor Bryan.
(b) The Senator Bryan.
(c) The Senator Inn.
(d) The Governor Inn.
5. What is Harry carrying as he gets ready to begin his set in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) A menu.
(b) A wand.
(c) A book.
(d) A cane.
6. What is the captain a little concerned about as he is talking with Weber?
(a) Irene's passport.
(b) The weather.
(c) Irene's stories.
(d) The hotel's business.
7. What does Harry call his act with the Russian mind reader?
(a) The most forgettable act of his career.
(b) The most embarrassing act of his career.
(c) The worst act of his career.
(d) The greatest act of his career.
8. What does Harry say the girl that reminded him of Irene had?
(a) A good voice and mystery.
(b) A horrible attitude and mystery.
(c) A good attitude and mystery.
(d) A horrible voice and mystery.
9. How did Harry work his way through college?
(a) Washing windows.
(b) Selling encyclopedias.
(c) Selling text books.
(d) Working on cars.
10. What does Weber believe is instilled in men?
11. What is Weber drinking at the beginning of Act 2's second scene?
12. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The nobility of war.
(b) The results of war.
(c) The reason for war.
(d) The business of war.
13. What does Harry signal to happen after Quillery exits?
(a) Everyone should remain silent.
(b) The card games should continue.
(c) Drinks are on the house.
(d) The orchestra to begin playing.
14. Where are Irene and Weber at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The hotel lobby.
(c) The dance floor.
(d) The bar.
15. Who tells Quillery he is unwelcome at the hotel as he interrupts the entertainment?
(b) The Italian soldiers.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are there many of in California, according to Irene?
2. What does the person Irene reminds Harry of mean to him?
3. Who wounded Irene during her adventures?
4. What eventually happens to Quillery for his disruption at the hotel?
5. How does Irene respond to Harry's assertion that the two did share a night together years earlier?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)