|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry signal to happen after Quillery exits?
(a) The orchestra to begin playing.
(b) Everyone should remain silent.
(c) Drinks are on the house.
(d) The card games should continue.
2. Where did her father die, according to Irene?
(a) On an island.
(b) In a prison camp.
(c) In a boat.
(d) In the mountains.
3. What does Weber "compliment" Irene for being?
(a) A charming smuggler.
(b) A brilliant thief.
(c) A charming spy.
(d) A brilliant liar.
4. How does Irene respond to Harry's assertion that the two did share a night together years earlier?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is insulted.
(d) She laughs.
5. How did Harry work his way through college?
(a) Washing windows.
(b) Working on cars.
(c) Selling text books.
(d) Selling encyclopedias.
6. What does Harry resemble to the other guests?
(a) A game show host.
(b) A magician.
(c) An emcee.
(d) A comedian.
7. Who else does Irene tell Weber she relays her thoughts to?
(c) No one.
8. What does Irene notice about Harry as they talk?
(a) He is always smiling.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) He never smiles.
(d) He is staring at her.
9. Who rescues Irene in her story?
(a) An American cruiser.
(b) The French army.
(c) An Italian soldier.
(d) The Russian army.
10. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The nobility of war.
(b) The results of war.
(c) The reason for war.
(d) The business of war.
11. What does Harry begin playing on the piano for Irene in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) Concerto Symphonique.
(c) Kak Stranna.
(d) Cantique D'Amour.
12. Where are Irene and Weber at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The hotel lobby.
(b) The balcony.
(c) The dance floor.
(d) The bar.
13. What is Idiot's Delight, as described by Irene?
(a) A childhood game.
(b) A game God plays.
(c) A play she read once.
(d) The name of the orchestra.
14. What does Irene think of Harry's current work?
(a) It is impressive.
(b) It is beneath him.
(c) It fits him.
(d) It is too good for him.
15. What does Harry do when he is convinced Irene is the one he met earlier?
(a) He continues to play, but softer as he tells Irene who she really is.
(b) He asks her why she has been lying as he continues to play.
(c) He stops playing and jumps up from the piano.
(d) He stops playing and whispers it into her ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry categorize Weber as in Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
3. Who does Harry ask to dance as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
4. What does Harry say the girl that reminded him of Irene had?
5. Who wounded Irene during her adventures?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)