|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Russians go after their act split from Harry's act?
(a) To Indiana.
(b) To Baton Rouge.
(c) To Kentucky.
(d) To Sioux Falls.
2. Who else does Irene tell Weber she relays her thoughts to?
(a) No one.
3. Who comments on Harry's singing and dancing after Irene leaves in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Captain.
4. What kind of idealist is Harry, according to Irene?
5. What label does the captain give the state of the world to Weber at the bar?
6. How is Weber associated with war?
(a) He works for several different governments.
(b) He profits from it.
(c) He gambles on the outcome.
(d) He is a spy.
7. How does Irene respond to Harry's assertion that the two did share a night together years earlier?
(a) She ignores it.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She is insulted.
(d) She is angry.
8. Who wounded Irene during her adventures?
(a) The French army.
(b) The British.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Bolsheviks.
9. What are there many of in California, according to Irene?
(b) British people.
(c) French people.
10. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
(a) The shortness of their songs.
(b) Their appearance.
(c) The extra long songs they will be playing.
(d) Their performance.
11. What eventually happens to Quillery for his disruption at the hotel?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is reasoned with by Don.
(c) He is warned by the owner.
(d) He is silenced.
12. What does Irene say about her name to Harry?
(a) It is uncommon in Russia.
(b) It is common in America.
(c) It is uncommon in America.
(d) It is common in Russia.
13. What year does Harry believe he and Irene had an affair?
14. What does Harry say the girl that reminded him of Irene had?
(a) A horrible attitude and mystery.
(b) A good voice and mystery.
(c) A horrible voice and mystery.
(d) A good attitude and mystery.
15. What is every government doing, according to the captain in his conversation with Weber?
(a) Imposing censorship.
(b) Imposing curfews.
(c) Ordering martial law.
(d) Closing their borders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What is the captain a little concerned about as he is talking with Weber?
3. Where does Harry think he remembers Irene from?
4. How does Harry describe his feelings for the woman who resembles Irene?
5. Who tries to intervene on Quillery's behalf, but is rejected by Quillery himself?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)