|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry have the band play as the soldiers walk into the bar?
(a) The Italian War Theme.
(b) The Fascist March.
(c) The Italian March.
(d) The Fascist Anthem.
2. What does Harry categorize Weber as in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Just another criminal.
(b) Just another spy.
(c) Just another industrialist.
(d) Just another salesman.
3. What does Weber "compliment" Irene for being?
(a) A charming smuggler.
(b) A charming spy.
(c) A brilliant liar.
(d) A brilliant thief.
4. Who tells Quillery he is unwelcome at the hotel as he interrupts the entertainment?
(b) The Italian soldiers.
(d) The captain.
5. What does Irene remark to Harry about Quillery's arrest?
(a) It is a painful necessity.
(b) It could have been avoided.
(c) It is an unfortunate failure.
(d) It was unnecessary.
6. Who does Quillery get his information from about the war in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The captain.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) The train attendant.
7. What color hair did Irene have in Harry's memory?
8. What kind of lights does the hotel feature?
9. What are Irene and Weber discussing in the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The results of war.
(b) The nobility of war.
(c) The business of war.
(d) The reason for war.
10. How did Harry work his way through college?
(a) Selling encyclopedias.
(b) Working on cars.
(c) Selling text books.
(d) Washing windows.
11. What year does Harry believe he and Irene had an affair?
12. Where did the Russians go after their act split from Harry's act?
(a) To Baton Rouge.
(b) To Sioux Falls.
(c) To Kentucky.
(d) To Indiana.
13. What does Harry do when he is convinced Irene is the one he met earlier?
(a) He continues to play, but softer as he tells Irene who she really is.
(b) He stops playing and jumps up from the piano.
(c) He stops playing and whispers it into her ear.
(d) He asks her why she has been lying as he continues to play.
14. Weber's former wife left him because his income came from what?
(c) Poison gas.
15. What does Irene notice about Harry as they talk?
(a) He is always smiling.
(b) He refuses to look at her.
(c) He is staring at her.
(d) He never smiles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry instruct the girls to do while Quillery is making a scene?
2. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
3. What does Weber believe is instilled in men?
4. Who does Harry ask to dance as Act 2, Scene 2 ends?
5. What eventually happens to Quillery for his disruption at the hotel?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)