|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Irene and Weber at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The balcony.
(b) The bar.
(c) The hotel lobby.
(d) The dance floor.
2. What does Irene praise Weber for?
(a) His skill.
(b) His opinions.
(c) His generosity.
(d) His monetary contributions to the war.
3. What does Harry ask the audience to forgive the band for?
(a) Their appearance.
(b) Their performance.
(c) The extra long songs they will be playing.
(d) The shortness of their songs.
4. Where does Harry think he remembers Irene from?
(c) St. Louis.
5. What kind of a dancer does Irene label Harry?
(a) A clumsy one.
(b) A bad one.
(c) An excellent one.
(d) An average one.
6. What does Irene remark to Harry about Quillery's arrest?
(a) It was unnecessary.
(b) It is an unfortunate failure.
(c) It is a painful necessity.
(d) It could have been avoided.
7. Who thought Harry's dancing was good, according to Harry?
(a) The American Armed Forces.
(b) The King of Rumania.
(c) The Italian soldiers.
(d) The Prince of Persia.
8. What does Weber say he furnishes the "little people" with?
(a) The threat of war.
(b) An illusion of power.
(c) The power of fear.
(d) The envy of profiting.
9. What does Harry say the girl that reminded him of Irene had?
(a) A good voice and mystery.
(b) A horrible attitude and mystery.
(c) A good attitude and mystery.
(d) A horrible voice and mystery.
10. Who convinces Weber to stay for the entertainment as he is getting ready to leave?
(d) The Cherrys.
11. What does Weber "compliment" Irene for being?
(a) A charming spy.
(b) A brilliant liar.
(c) A charming smuggler.
(d) A brilliant thief.
12. Where did the Russians go after their act split from Harry's act?
(a) To Kentucky.
(b) To Sioux Falls.
(c) To Indiana.
(d) To Baton Rouge.
13. Who rescues Irene in her story?
(a) The Russian army.
(b) The French army.
(c) An American cruiser.
(d) An Italian soldier.
14. Who wounded Irene during her adventures?
(a) The British.
(b) The French army.
(c) The Bolsheviks.
(d) The Germans.
15. What does Harry do when he is convinced Irene is the one he met earlier?
(a) He asks her why she has been lying as he continues to play.
(b) He stops playing and whispers it into her ear.
(c) He continues to play, but softer as he tells Irene who she really is.
(d) He stops playing and jumps up from the piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry carrying as he gets ready to begin his set in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Where is the captain getting his information from at the start of the second scene in Act 2?
3. What eventually happens to Quillery for his disruption at the hotel?
4. As reported by Quillery, what have the Italian soldiers done?
5. Who does Quillery get his information from about the war in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)